hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Riordan

Derek Riordan

To get it out quickly: judas, would never play for celtic etc, wasted potential... etc.. etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU

100+ goals.

For me he was better than Frank. No striker we've had in the last 27+ years has been better than this chap. WHAT. A. TALENT.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To get it out quickly: judas, would never play for celtic etc, wasted potential... etc.. etc...

100+ goals.

For me he was better than Frank. No striker we've had in the last 27+ years has been better than this chap. WHAT. A. TALENT.
    Not better than Le God. The guy just oozed class. That's just my opinion though. He was the best player I ever seen playing for Hibs.

Riordan was the best Hibs striker I seem in my lifetime. What a finisher. Right foot, left foot, 5 yards, 30 yards. He could score for fun.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Terrific natural ability and a joy to watch when on song. A match-winner.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Not better than Le God. The guy just oozed class. That's just my opinion though. He was the best player I ever seen playing for Hibs.

Riordan was the best Hibs striker I seem in my lifetime. What a finisher. Right foot, left foot, 5 yards, 30 yards. He could score for fun.
    que? Was either better than frank or wasn't the best player you ever saw player for hibs.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    never seen a better striker of a ball, absolute king of a man

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Derek Riordan on top of his game was probably the very best player Hibs have had in the last 40 years, a wasted talent who should still be playing at the highest level with his natural ability but it was not to be sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    Derek Riordan on top of his game was probably the very best player Hibs have had in the last 40 years, a wasted talent who should still be playing at the highest level with his natural ability but it was not to be sadly
    +100 goals for the team he supported.

<Mr Stubbs, please let me waste my talent, I've only 100 goals to go.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Franck Sauzee was on a completely different level to DR and I'm pretty sure Derek would be first to admit that, that's not taking anything away from the talent DR has.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Franck Sauzee won the Champions League.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Yawn.
    Kicking it in Wellington .

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    He'll never be bettered. Simple as. It astounds me folk can bicker and bitch about a man who bleeds Hibs and banged in in excess of 100 goals for the club. He's the biggest 'legend' (I hate that word) we've had in 20-odd years and as long as I follow Hibs he'll never be forgotten.

Local lad, loves Hibs, scored a barrowload for us, gave us time without number moments of sheer astonishment and he hates Hearts. I could go on and on.

The inevitable embarrassments who'll appear calling him a waster etc based on what they read and second-hand stories can beat it anaw
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He'll never be bettered. Simple as. It astounds me folk can bicker and bitch about a man who bleeds Hibs and banged in in excess of 100 goals for the club. He's the biggest 'legend' (I hate that word) we've had in 20-odd years and as long as I follow Hibs he'll never be forgotten.

Local lad, loves Hibs, scored a barrowload for us, gave us time without number moments of sheer astonishment and he hates Hearts. I could go on and on.

The inevitable embarrassments who'll appear calling him a waster etc based on what they read and second-hand stories can beat it anaw
    He's the best goal scorer I've ever seen that's for sure. But big Frank and Latapy were different class imo. I think people should appreciate them for what they were and not compare each other!

I wouldn't say he wasted his talent, but he certainly didn't achieve what his early potential promised. Either way he's played for Hibs, scored some amazing goals for Hibs and a player who I'll always remember foundly!

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's the best goal scorer I've ever seen that's for sure. But big Frank and Latapy were different class imo. I think people should appreciate them for what they were and not compare each other!

I wouldn't say he wasted his talent, but he certainly didn't achieve what his early potential promised. Either way he's played for Hibs, scored some amazing goals for Hibs and a player who I'll always remember foundly!
    Aww, that brought a tear to my eye haha

My thoughts entirely TC

So, does he have a club for this season yet?

He is a free agent. Worth a punt?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    My best ever player.

Riordan was different class.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    He is a free agent. Worth a punt?

Legend for me. Plain and simple.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    I was worried he had died or something the way people are talking about him!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I was worried he had died or something the way people are talking about him!

I agree. It's a bit random as to why the OP decided to suddenly post this, and people set out to defend his reputation in advance.

Anway, has he retired from football or is he still playing? I heard he had a contract at East Fife for a while but dunno if that's still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I agree. It's a bit random as to why the OP decided to suddenly post this, and people set out to defend his reputation in advance.

Anway, has he retired from football or is he still playing? I heard he had a contract at East Fife for a while but dunno if that's still the case.

He is a free agent.

Did that laddie ever miss, he was sensational 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    He is a free agent.

OK, so not sorted anything yet then.

That's a shame he's not still at East Fife. I heard they have severe budget restrictions this season so not too surprising.

Silverhibee will be all over this thread when he sees it .No doubt he will know what latest situation with Deeks is.
    The rain teaming down at 4 am woke me up,and I watched all the goals ,then had a dream he was in ma hoose with an ex girlfriend of mine ,who had no idea who he was ,and we were reminiscing about all things Hibs . The variety of goals is what struck me, from wonder strikes. Hitting them first time on the volley, free kicks ,headers ,being in the right place at the right time to shuffling the ball from feet to feet and confusing defender before firing home ,and my favourite the number of times he got on the end of a raking diagonal pass out wide , minimal control and then straight into the corner .
    Memories indeed .reminds me we still don't have anyone who can strike from distance with power ,now that Craig's gone . although S A s placed bending shot from outside a crowded penalty against Berwick was a joy to behold
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 18-07-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Legend

ps, this is the video you want... Basically the same one but has goals from his last season too including that chip against Celtic!

https://youtu.be/3ACdH__eWRc

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

Delighted he played for us and supports us, fantastic finisher and as good as any I have seen play for Hibs and I have been lucky enough to see a few good ones.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    Cmon are you telling me he was better than sauzee or latapy??

No chance, not ever - he was a good player but why is their a thread on Derek riordan on these pages all the time. It's a new team. Let's move on

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post

100+ goals.

Morning Derek. We havent forgotten about you. you don't need to start these threads all the time.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Franck Sauzee won the Champions League.
    So did Djimi Traore.