hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes

Level crossing lights/cameras?

I was driving through Bridge of Allan to Stirling and was approaching the level crossing, at this point it was clear, once I was about 5 meters or so away from it the noise maker started noising and the lights went to flashing amber, I slowed down and crossed because I was still moving and someone was behind me.

Once I had crossed the barriers remained up, the red light was nowhere to be seen, is this likely to lead to a fine and points on the licence? This wasn't me dashing across at the last minute, I am fairly sure the process had just started.

The noise coming on wasn't something I had heard before or expected so it sort of made me panic and just get through so I didn't get stuck.

Anyone had any experience with these automated crossings?

Obviously if I hadn't panicked I would have just stopped, only time I have ever came to a crossing like this the gate is already closed and the train is there.
    Last edited by SlickShoes; 16-07-2015 at 12:56 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It seems like you didn't do anything wrong to me brother. I wouldn't worry about it.

Have a look at this.

https://www.gov.uk/road-works-level-...ngs-291-to-299

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was driving through Bridge of Allan to Stirling and was approaching the level crossing, at this point it was clear, once I was about 5 meters or so away from it the noise maker started noising and the lights went to flashing amber, I slowed down and crossed because I was still moving and someone was behind me.

Once I had crossed the barriers remained up, the red light was nowhere to be seen, is this likely to lead to a fine and points on the licence? This wasn't me dashing across at the last minute, I am fairly sure the process had just started.

The noise coming on wasn't something I had heard before or expected so it sort of made me panic and just get through so I didn't get stuck.

Anyone had any experience with these automated crossings?

Obviously if I hadn't panicked I would have just stopped, only time I have ever came to a crossing like this the gate is already closed and the train is there.
    Only if you cross it when the light is at red can you get in bother.

We have a level-crossing in our village and there's a signpost there that explains the "rules". Having said that, that's English law but I don't think there's a difference in traffic law?

Blog Entries
    You're fine,if you crossed on red with the barriers down,you're Donald ducked.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Cheers, it was just flashing amber which had just started as I drove up and the alarm sounding confused me a bit as I had never heard that before, once I was over it was still amber and the barriers were up and not moving. No way I would have jumped a red!