hibs.net Messageboard

Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2535
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope you used the 20% off food with a hibs season ticket offer?
    Doh! No I didn’t, never even gave it a thought and neither did my laddie who was with me, we both have ST’s and completely forgot about the discount.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Doh! No I didn’t, never even gave it a thought and neither did my laddie who was with me, we both have ST’s and completely forgot about the discount.
    You’ll know for next time. Use it all the time for a wee bit off 👍

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The Butchershop in Glasgow last night for the girlfriend's old man's 70th. Very good indeed. Menu was similar to Chop House but I found it far better, seemed cheaper and the staff much friendlier. Chateaubriand with hand cut chips, mac & cheese, garlic shrooms and green beans between 2 with starters (she had scallops) and pudding....£75 each, including tip. Neither of us were drinking so no wine, which definitely keeps the cost down. Highly recommended.

Cadiz George St for lunch today amazing as always!

How interesting

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The Butchershop in Glasgow last night for the girlfriend's old man's 70th. Very good indeed. Menu was similar to Chop House but I found it far better, seemed cheaper and the staff much friendlier. Chateaubriand with hand cut chips, mac & cheese, garlic shrooms and green beans between 2 with starters (she had scallops) and pudding....£75 each, including tip. Neither of us were drinking so no wine, which definitely keeps the cost down. Highly recommended.
    Been meaning to try there for ages.

@hibs.net private member
    Went to gusto the other night.

50% off food all day Monday - Thursday throughout January and I think until 5pm on Friday if you sign up to be a ‘member’ on their website. Upon sign up you also get £10 credit to spend which can be spent at the same time.

As we’re doing dry January we got out with a total bill of £7

Although if im honest, it wasn’t that exciting. Still considering going back with the mrs signing up this time though at that price.

@hibs.net private member
    The news room is decent on Leith Street and very close to Waverley. Alternatively and just as close is The Guildford Arms if you like your real ales.
    Went to the Newsroom, was very good if a tad pricey. Because we were eating they gave us table service and they were very attentive in looking after us. There was quiz night starting at 9pm so we left and continued drinking at the Black Bull which I hadn't been to for decades. Thanks for suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Went to the Newsroom, was very good if a tad pricey. Because we were eating they gave us table service and they were very attentive in looking after us. There was quiz night starting at 9pm so we left and continued drinking at the Black Bull which I hadn't been to for decades. Thanks for suggestion.
    👍

Went to Guru curry house just off Tollcross last week. BYOB and as we were a group of 4 they had this lamb pilaf sharing platter thing. My god it was delicious but too much, in finest curry house tradition

Booked into Mharsanta in Glasgow for their Burns Supper, £39.50pp for a three course meal with a drink each. Will update afterwards with how it was but heard good things about the place before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Went to Guru curry house just off Tollcross last week. BYOB and as we were a group of 4 they had this lamb pilaf sharing platter thing. My god it was delicious but too much, in finest curry house tradition
    Any idea if this is the same people that ran the Guru on Dundee Terrace?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Any idea if this is the same people that ran the Guru on Dundee Terrace?
    Yes it is.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Popped into Bundits for a casual lunch today. Very tasty, decent value, very happy.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Popped into Bundits for a casual lunch today. Very tasty, decent value, very happy.
    Good scran and nice people. Watch out for them on a certain TV show later this year……..

@hibs.net private member
    Just discovered this thread. For those of you looking for a good Chinese in Edinburgh Fusion Gourmet in Lady Lawson Street is excellent. My wife and I use it regularly......it's always full of Chinese as well which is a good sign....

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Tried Las Iguanas in George Street last night.

Enjoyed it, really good food, decent portions and reasonably priced.

Cocktails were good as well

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Just discovered this thread. For those of you looking for a good Chinese in Edinburgh Fusion Gourmet in Lady Lawson Street is excellent. My wife and I use it regularly......it's always full of Chinese as well which is a good sign....
    I worked in there when it was being renovated. Also worked in 2 other Chinese restaurants.
    My exact words to the owner " I can't work in that kitchen " his reply " Every Chinese restaurant is like this"
    It was minging.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    I worked in there when it was being renovated. Also worked in 2 other Chinese restaurants.
    My exact words to the owner " I can't work in that kitchen " his reply " Every Chinese restaurant is like this"
    It was minging.
    Made me laugh. Was thinking of some of the rank restaurants I've worked in. Nobody needs to worry, they closed years ago. The chefs had undiagnosed anger management issues

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    It was minging.
    To be fair, when I was a student I actively favoured kebab shops that had hygiene improvement order notices on the window. Without fail, they produced better tasting food

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Back to Fazenda on Saturday. Salivating already.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Going in February for the first time.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    The only time I’ve been was the week before the first lockdown. I loved the salad/side buffet but I’ve heard they don’t do that anymore since covid. It would be interesting to hear what it’s like now.

We went to an independent local place that had the same idea in Thailand. The meat was incredible and really made us fancy going back to Fazenda.

We got a lot of restaurant vouchers as wedding presents so we’re using one of them after the match on Saturday to go to Côte on Frederick Street. Neither of us have been before. Looking forward to it
    Last edited by overdrive; 26-01-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks for the Gusto tip off there shortly

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    To be fair, when I was a student I actively favoured kebab shops that had hygiene improvement order notices on the window. Without fail, they produced better tasting food
    I’d go even further than this - any take away in more working class areas (Pilton, Granton, Wester Hailes) will be far better than the best takeaway in places like Morningside etc. I live by this “fact”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Going in February for the first time.
    Went pre covid. It's was excellent.

@hibs.net private member
    Went to Berties this week. Service was unbelievable, less than 5 minutes after order the food was on the table. Fish & chips for 5. Disappointed in the size of the battered fish. Son got the breaded haddock & it was 25% larger than mine. Also £15 & £7.50 £or a deep fried mars bar, bit steep.Lucky I bought the 50% of voucher.
    Wouldn't rush back.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    I’d go even further than this - any take away in more working class areas (Pilton, Granton, Wester Hailes) will be far better than the best takeaway in places like Morningside etc. I live by this “fact”
    As with every rule, there are exceptions, but this is pretty much something I've been banging on about for years.
    In general, I'm not a massive Chinese takeaway fan (prefer Indian) but my nearest is now Salt Chilli at Oxgangs Broadway. Been using it for 18 months now and it's better than any Chinese I had in the Corstorphine area.

Byron burger on the Royal Mile for the young teams birthday. I wasn’t expecting much since the whole chain is in administration/receivership/some sort of trouble. And you definitely felt the place was on its last legs. Quality of the whole gourmet burger/wings/various fries/greens was mixed and despite there being about 20 desserts on the menu all they had was ice cream and smoothies. January in the restaurant sector in the current climate, a few days before pay day notwithstanding , it was also almost empty.

I was at the salt horse on Blackfriars street last night and had a decent burger, massive portion of Cajun chips and a couple of chicken wings for around £14. Good selection of beer too