hibs.net Messageboard

Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2537
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been there numerous times for various reasons over the last 10-15 years. It was always thoroughly decent. Nothing hugely special, but decent food for a decent price.

A shame it's being shut for a dominos. TBH I thought there was one already in corstorphine?
    There is, no doubt it will close.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Do they deliver to the Easter Road area?
    I doubt it, that's about a 7 mile journey for delivery driver. If you're looking for excellent curry around Easter Road try Gautam's on London Road at Meadowbank, brilliant family run place with great food.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I doubt it, that's about a 7 mile journey for delivery driver. If you're looking for excellent curry around Easter Road try Gautam's on London Road at Meadowbank, brilliant family run place with great food.
    Thanks, agree that Gautam's is good.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Got a takeway last night on the back of this post, very enjoyable indeed, fresh and tasty, thank you 👍

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Got a takeway last night on the back of this post, very enjoyable indeed, fresh and tasty, thank you 👍
    I am not in it at the moment but our curry club meets here once a month and we've never had a bad meal or bad experience from these guys, excellent food and service, although being good it can get busy. They have a second restaurant called Solti in Drummond Street which is just as good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Last few weeks, all in Corstorphine

Prana, bitterly disappointed and don’t get the hype for this place. Both curries we had were bland and wife’s starter was poor. Will not return and prefer Eastern Pavillion.

Napole Pizzeria, was recommended this place several times by barman in Winstons so finally tried it. Decent enough pizza, didn’t wow me and I sill prefer La Favorita

The Torfin, never had a bad meal in here, some say it’s a bit pricey for what it is but I quite like it and feel prices are reasonable enough. Half price Mexican fajitas on a Wednesday too!

Toby Carvery, not really my thing but went last night after wife and son fancied it. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed my three courses 😀

Next on my list
    Cool Jade
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 10-11-2022 at 11:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Last few weeks, all in Corstorphine

Prana, bitterly disappointed and don’t get the hype for this place. Both curries we had were bland and wife’s starter was poor. Will not return and prefer Eastern Pavillion.

Napole Pizzeria, was recommended this place several times by barman in Winstons so finally tried it. Decent enough pizza, didn’t wow me and I sill prefer La Favorita

The Torfin, never had a bad meal in here, some say it’s a bit pricey for what it is but I quite like it and feel prices are reasonable enough. Half price Mexican fajitas on a Wednesday too!

Toby Carvery, not really my thing but went last night after wife and son fancied it. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed my three courses 😀

Next on my list
    Cool Jade
    Scouse, you heard anything about the Torfin closing in January. Was in the Toby Carvery over the weekend, and heard 2 people talking about this, no idea if it’s true?
    A few hospitality places looking to maybe close Jan/Feb due to energy costs etc

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Scouse, you heard anything about the Torfin closing in January. Was in the Toby Carvery over the weekend, and heard 2 people talking about this, no idea if it’s true?
    A few hospitality places looking to maybe close Jan/Feb due to energy costs etc
    Strangely enough there was a mention of this rumour from the barman in Winstons but not heard anything concrete. I know they’re giving up the lease on the other Ranch they have in the city and just concentrating on the new one they have just opened at Sighthill that they relocated from Corstorphine. The owners have places in Spain too but I would be surprised as the Torfin seems to do really well.

@hibs.net private member
    Strangely enough there was a mention of this rumour from the barman in Winstons but not heard anything concrete. I know they’re giving up the lease on the other Ranch they have in the city and just concentrating on the new one they have just opened at Sighthill that they relocated from Corstorphine. The owners have places in Spain too but I would be surprised as the Torfin seems to do really well.
    Was that previously the Oak pub ?

Was that previously the Oak pub ?
    It was

The other story is that Fabio’s owners have told their regulars that the rumours about closure and selling to Domino’s are not true. Something strange about the whole thing but they assured long time regulars that there is no deal in place.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    The other story is that Fabio’s owners have told their regulars that the rumours about closure and selling to Domino’s are not true. Something strange about the whole thing but they assured long time regulars that there is no deal in place.
    I was gonna post on this subject earlier, I've been dining at Fabio's for 20+ years as it was literally 100 years from my house. In the last 5 years there have been unsubstantiated rumours of them closing every so often, even making the pages of the EEN. Every time the rumours raise their heads, local folk on local social media kick off and the patronage increases again.
    The cynic would suggest that this is a clever marketing ploy by Peter/Pietro Corolla?!?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...siness-2504524
    Last edited by speedy_gonzales; 11-11-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I was gonna post on this subject earlier, I've been dining at Fabio's for 20+ years as it was literally 100 years from my house. In the last 5 years there have been unsubstantiated rumours of them closing every so often, even making the pages of the EEN. Every time the rumours raise their heads, local folk on local social media kick off and the patronage increases again.
    The cynic would suggest that this is a clever marketing ploy by Peter/Pietro Corolla?!?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...siness-2504524
    That has been mentioned, apparently difficult to get a table as a walk in just now, Pietro Crolla may be “marketing” as you say.

@hibs.net private member
    It was
    Cheers, new a couple of its former patrons, not a place I ever chose to visit

Cheers, new a couple of its former patrons, not a place I ever chose to visit
    Went in once, that was enough.

That has been mentioned, apparently difficult to get a table as a walk in just now, Pietro Crolla may be “marketing” as you say.
    As an aside, the Barbecue chippy opposite it, does a battered 1/2 chicken on request. A 10 min wait. I’ve had it twice and it was excellent both times

@hibs.net private member
    Went in once, that was enough.
    It looked quite welcoming from the outside though 😵

As an aside, the Barbecue chippy opposite it, does a battered 1/2 chicken on request. A 10 min wait. I’ve had it twice and it was excellent both times
    I might try that for research purposes 😀

Has anyone been to the Mexican place that open d in Grangemouth?

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Fabios has been "up for sale" for years in that they'd sell if an attractive offer is made. There's still a few years on the lease so needs to be as a going concern. Dominos want the building and have approached the building owner but don't want to pay for the going concern so a bit of stalemate. Owner would sell but can't kick out Fabios so ball in Dominos court to make it worth their while which I hope doesn't come any time soon. Best pizza in town if you ask me!

Edinburgh Live obviously saw the planning request and made a story out of it. Sure Pietro etc have no complaints to the free marketing.

I see La Favorita restaurant will not reopen in it’s former guise as a Pizzeria but as as a new restaurant Antonietta. Still owned and run by the Vittoria Group, will be interesting to see the finished restaurant, they don’t often get it wrong, new concept sounds great. La Fav delivered is still operational next door having rebranded and changed its menus.

@hibs.net private member
    Phillys at South Gyle closing, never been, in fact havent been up that way for years. I think the last eaterie I was in up that way was the one in the Gyle shopping joint which I think struggled for years as was opened and closed and changed hands over the period of a few years. I used to grab a couple of pints when my Wife went shopping

Phillys at South Gyle closing, never been, in fact havent been up that way for years. I think the last eaterie I was in up that way was the one in the Gyle shopping joint which I think struggled for years as was opened and closed and changed hands over the period of a few years. I used to grab a couple of pints when my Wife went shopping
    Remember it well (the place in the Gyle) originally opened as Acanthus then changed to City Limits, had many a pint in there when the wee fella was at birthday parties in the Gyle party venue which name alludes me.

Another wee shout for Beirut in Nicholson Street Square.
    Went after the rugby last week. Food great and they now have a licence so no longer BYOB.

@hibs.net private member
    Remember it well (the place in the Gyle) originally opened as Acanthus then changed to City Limits, had many a pint in there when the wee fella was at birthday parties in the Gyle party venue which name alludes me.
    Yeah City Limits is what I remember it being called. Always remember it was pretty basic in decor, cafeteria style but always good for a couple of pints if Wife shopping or I would jump on a bus and take the kids if Wife was working, they had a burger and I had a few beers

Didn’t know that. Presume they’ve suffered due to the lack of workers in the business park, although looking at the traffic each day, more are working at the offices
    A new one has opened opposite the Edinburgh Park tram stop. Haven’t been yet

https://patinaedinburgh.com/

Maybe this is why they’re closing, I’ll get my coat😎

“Well, they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night”

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe this is why they’re closing, I’ll get my coat😎

“Well, they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night”
    That was the other place at Gyle shopping centre mate, I think Phillys may have been in and around the banks and offices but not entirely sure of its location. I see there is a Brewers Fayre styled eaterie situated where the old S&N building was

That was the other place at Gyle shopping centre mate, I think Phillys may have been in and around the banks and offices but not entirely sure of its location. I see there is a Brewers Fayre styled eaterie situated where the old S&N building was
    Westgate, it’s a Carvery, I’ve never been though.

Phillys is in the Business Park, next to the Gym