hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Anybody want special meal in Pitlochry I'm just back from Knockendarroch hotel. £42 fixed price 3 courses. Exceptionally good.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Last night, Bijou, at the bottom of restalrig road. Had scallops with onion bhaji starter and Sirloin steak for the main. Top notch, as always.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mono in the Merchant City always got a good name. Not sure if it's still on the go though.
    Cheers for the recomendation. The food was nice and it turns out i know 3 of the girls that work there so we got drinks for free. Meal didnt exactly go to plan though as my long term girlfriend split up with me....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBru22 View Post
    Cheers for the recomendation. The food was nice and it turns out i know 3 of the girls that work there so we got drinks for free. Meal didnt exactly go to plan though as my long term girlfriend split up with me....
    You got free drinks and you left a single man.....I wonder if my wife fancies trying this place out sometime soon.

Meal didnt exactly go to plan though as my long term girlfriend split up with me....
    The place is called Mono for a reason ....
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 10-11-2015 at 06:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar
    Cafe Cassis in Salisbury Road, nice wee French / Scottish restaurant, basement area of Salisbury Hotel, great food and lovely staff, always enjoy going there

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    You got free drinks and you left a single man.....I wonder if my wife fancies trying this place out sometime soon.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Tried EatItalia chippy on Leith walk for the first time last week, was superb pity it's not closer to Corstorphine.................or maybe a good thing that it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Tried EatItalia chippy on Leith walk for the first time last week, was superb pity it's not closer to Corstorphine.................or maybe a good thing that it's not.
    Outstanding chippy.

L'Antica on Broughton Road is also a superb chip shop. You'll wait a wee bit longer as they cook all fish fresh and only do small batches of chips at a time but it's worth the wait.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Tried the Pinto Mexican street food place on Shandwick Place recently, best described as a mexican version of a subway in my opinion, done the job for a quick bite to eat when rushing to an evening appointment but that was about it.

Tried the Pinto Mexican street food place on Shandwick Place recently, best described as a mexican version of a subway in my opinion, done the job for a quick bite to eat when rushing to an evening appointment but that was about it.
    It's owned by the same group who also have Amarone and Cafe Andaluz as well as various other outlets in Glasgow and Manchester.

I believe they are offloading the Pintos brand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's owned by the same group who also have Amarone and Cafe Andaluz as well as various other outlets in Glasgow and Manchester.

I believe they are offloading the Pintos brand though.

Didn't realise that, never been that impressed with Amarone either, been twice once for a graduation and the other by invitation, typical chainy type food produced and some of the dishes on our table were in my opinion poor imitations of supposed Italian dishes. Mind you I am a bit biased down to my employer

First Team Breakthrough
    Try Taquitos next to the Cameo, much better. Used to be cheaper but i think they've put the prices up,as its getting much more popular

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Funny as even though that used to be closer to me I never went there as the Montgomery was always outstanding.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    the Montgomery was always outstanding.
    great chippy.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Try Taquitos next to the Cameo, much better. Used to be cheaper but i think they've put the prices up,as its getting much more popular
    Was intending to write pretty much this when I first seen pinto mentioned. Fantastic burrito place!
    Mon the Hibs.

Was in Maxi's cafe in Stockbridge for brunch today lovely food will definitely return.

Table booked at Ronaq tomorrow night bottom of Orchard Brae, anyone been before?

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Table booked at Ronaq tomorrow night bottom of Orchard Brae, anyone been before?
    I've never heard of it but had a look at their website. The restaurant proclaims to serve Indian food - what is on offer isn't Indian but Bangladeshi eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    I've never heard of it but had a look at their website. The restaurant proclaims to serve Indian food - what is on offer isn't Indian but Bangladeshi eats.

Along with the many hundreds of similar restaurants that have followed the same pattern, probably began in the 70's now people just think Curry=Indian and expect to go to an "Indian" restaurant for a curry. I'll ask the manager for his reasons tomorrow and report back Sergey

Left by mutual consent!
    Along with the many hundreds of similar restaurants that have followed the same pattern, probably began in the 70's now people just think Curry=Indian and expect to go to an "Indian" restaurant for a curry. I'll ask the manager for his reasons tomorrow and report back Sergey

I was at the Renaissance Hotel St. Pancras today and didn't leave until 14:00'ish. I was absolutely starving and headed to Drummond Street in Euston and ate at the Ravi Shanker. All you can eat Indian buffet for £6.95 - I had three plates and scoffed a desert for good measure.

Really good Indian food and truly authentic. I'm not vegetarian (and never will be) but I really could eat those vegan dishes a lot more if I knew how to cook them properly.

There was a tempura fish style thing (I think it was fish) that was different.

I'm still stuffed and my stomach is holding-up well

I was in the Guru again last night. At this point I'll declare an interest that one of the managers is an auld pal.

I asked him about the drinks licence.

They still have it, it expires next year. I was told that there had been too many problems with the whole drinking thing and it was a distraction from their main aim of providing great food at great prices. A decision therefore made to drop it.

Diners are obviously welcome to bring their own.

I had the tandoori mixed grill with the customary elephants ear nann bread (I'm sure they take the piss, mine is even bigger than the huge ones others get ;-), Jackie had pathia. Superb!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I was in the Guru again last night. At this point I'll declare an interest that one of the managers is an auld pal.

I asked him about the drinks licence.

They still have it, it expires next year. I was told that there had been too many problems with the whole drinking thing and it was a distraction from their main aim of providing great food at great prices. A decision therefore made to drop it.

Diners are obviously welcome to bring their own.

I had the tandoori mixed grill with the customary elephants ear nann bread (I'm sure they take the piss, mine is even bigger than the huge ones others get ;-), Jackie had pathia. Superb!
    Hmmmm seems a strange one as have been there many times and never seen an ounce of trouble.Think they should have publicised it better to be honest. BYOB is actually a decent selling point these days. Our problem as a group of 8 was arriving with no knowledge of it and having to then arrange to get some refreshment from a local shop. We use it frequently as a group too.

Not a restaurant but a new Indian takeaway about to open on Elm Row, Slumdog. It's in the the old No1 Chinese Restaurant building.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Yes never disappointed at any of the five owned by Tony Crolla.
    We wee in Vittoria's before the Dundee Utd game. They got the orders mixed up, the portions were small and I was still hungry after a starter and a main course and I'm not exactly built like man mountain. The last time I was there was in August and the order was mixed up then too.

Nice food, not enough of it and rather pricey. I'll not be going back.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Not a restaurant but a new Indian takeaway about to open on Elm Row, Slumdog. It's in the the old No1 Chinese Restaurant building.
    Ive seen this driving home and certainly looks the part from outside, plenty effort put in, even seen cars done up is it a chain? Ill defo be trying it soon so will put up my findings

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Ive seen this driving home and certainly looks the part from outside, plenty effort put in, even seen cars done up is it a chain? Ill defo be trying it soon so will put up my findings
    It's a one off I believe,not tried it yet but plan to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    We wee in Vittoria's before the Dundee Utd game. They got the orders mixed up, the portions were small and I was still hungry after a starter and a main course and I'm not exactly built like man mountain. The last time I was there was in August and the order was mixed up then too.

suprised by that always found the portions to be big and the service top notch. Agree it's not the cheapest but still our first choice family meal out.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Surprised to be honest, always find that portions sizes are plentiful, we were in La Favorita Restaurant before the Dundee Utd game and was great as usual.