hibs.net Messageboard

Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2523
    Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It is exceptionally good value, an absolute steal to be honest.

The wine pairings have been thought-out and worked well when I’ve been in the past.

It does tend to make you want to book for dinner though and while their dinner menus are superb they take you into a whole new ballpark cost wise, especially once you factor in wine.
    Excellent, will try and get booked in for lunch one day. 👍🏼

2. Log in to remove the advert

Went to Rustom at Haymarket last night food was excellent staff were great and nice surroundings

will be back soon.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Was at La Garrigue through the week - on Jeffrey street just off the mile. Had a 5 course tasting menu that was really good - the apple tart tatin at the end in particular was fantastic.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Went to Rustom at Haymarket last night food was excellent staff were great and nice surroundings

will be back soon.
    Where about at Haymarket?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Where about at Haymarket?
    It on the corner across from Omar Khayyam same side.

Really worth checking out.

It on the corner across from Omar Khayyam same side.

Really worth checking out.
    Ok cheers.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Had a belter of a curry last night in larbert - the Gulnar tandoori. £14.95 for an all you can eat buffet. Awesome.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

will be back soon.
    Fancy this. Heard a couole of good reviews

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Heading to Gaucho on St Andrews Square on Saturday. Anyone been?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Went to Hawksmoor this weekend. They do an express menu until 6.30 Monday - Saturday. £25 for a rump and chips and a sticky toffee sundae. Not usually a fan of rump but it was great, great value for money.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Had a lovely Sunday Roast at The Waterside Bistro in Haddington after a walk round Tyningham beach.

Superb food and service, would highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Had a lovely Sunday Roast at The Waterside Bistro in Haddington after a walk round Tyningham beach.

Superb food and service, would highly recommend!
    The Waterside is excellent, drank in there on and off for years and lost count of the amount of times I’ve ate in there as it’s my friend and his family who own it.

Also a beautiful setting for a bevvy outside on the river in the summer.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    The Waterside is excellent, drank in there on and off for years and lost count of the amount of times I’ve ate in there as it’s my friend and his family who own it.

Did it not close in 2017 and change ownership, or am I thinking of elsewhere?

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar

Was my first time there Sean, really great ! Pass my praise onto the team if you know them, seemed a really well ran place, lots of friendly staff, ace menu, welcoming atmosphere.

Will be a regular stop off after summer walks down East Lothian, were loads of dishes I fancied on the menu.

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar
    Went to Southside Scran in Bruntsfield, a Tom Kitchin place, on Saturday, great food , £21-95 for 3 course set lunch , enjoyed the experience but have to say

the wines etc were very expensive for what is advertised as a gastro pub, cheapest bottle of white was £26. Still recommend it though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Was my first time there Sean, really great ! Pass my praise onto the team if you know them, seemed a really well ran place, lots of friendly staff, ace menu, welcoming atmosphere.

Will be a regular stop off after summer walks down East Lothian, were loads of dishes I fancied on the menu.

We used to frequent the Waterside throughout the Nineties and it was a superb place run by Jim Findlay (?) who was the most professional

and welcoming of hosts. Not fussy, nothing too much bother etc etc. He then opened in N Berwick and now I believe his sons own the Waterside.

Next time we are in the area we will go in. The setting alone in the Summer is second to none by the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Did it not close in 2017 and change ownership, or am I thinking of elsewhere?
    It’s been closed a few times due to flooding, was known as the laughing duck for a period of time and has had a few different owners but it’s now back to its real name and has been the last few years and the current owner is in his second spell of ownership. It’s booming and well deserved. Great place

It’s been closed a few times due to flooding, was known as the laughing duck for a period of time and has had a few different owners but it’s now back to its real name and has been the last few years and the current owner is in his second spell of ownership. It’s booming and well deserved. Great place
    👍

Promising Youngster
    Piatto Verde on Dundee Terrace is an excellent Italian, small restaurant but food is delicious.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Went to the Sheep Heid Inn for lunch yesterday. They do a good 2 courses for £12 deal over lunch, and have a beer garden out the back for a little spring sunshine.
    Mon the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I was in Vittorias on Leith Walk last weekend for lunch, had the baked sardine to start and the carbonara for the main and both were really tasty. Service was good, we got overcharged for an item that should have been charged to another table - I never noticed but by the time I got home the restaurant had emailed to highlight the mistake and offer the refund, which I thought was excellent service (essentially, I had paid and wouldn't have checked if it was right after the event, so it was good that they did that).

Would definitely go back.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Just had an afternoon sesh in Broughton Street, went to Pickles in between pubs for mixed meat and cheese platter which was fantastic as a snack. It’s a very small place that only does cheese/meat platters. We finished in Rollo for dinner which again was very good.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Bertie’s on Victoria Street is fantastic. Brilliant fish and chips food and the service is top notch. Desserts are also great as well! 😋

Definitely will go back and highly recommend it to anyone that hasn’t been yet.

Was at Gaucho on St Andrews Square on Saturday.

10/10. The steaks we had were unbelievable and the service was faultless. Will definitely be back there in the not too distant future.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Went to Cold Town House yesterday to the rooftop bar for some sun. They have a full menu indoors but only do pizza on the roof. The pizza was possibly the best I’ve ever had in Edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I was in Vittorias on Leith Walk last weekend for lunch, had the baked sardine to start and the carbonara for the main and both were really tasty. Service was good, we got overcharged for an item that should have been charged to another table - I never noticed but by the time I got home the restaurant had emailed to highlight the mistake and offer the refund, which I thought was excellent service (essentially, I had paid and wouldn't have checked if it was right after the event, so it was good that they did that).

Would definitely go back.
    Good to hear it. Vittorias was a regular for my family for birthday meals, partly because my mum is extremely fussy but stopped going as we thought it had slipped a wee bit and wasn’t as good as it used to be. Hopefully give it another bash.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Was at a loose end last night so popped in to Berties @ Victoria St with wife & daughter.
    Quite liked the setting and was looking forward to some decent scran,,,,felt a bit let down if I'm honest.
    Daughter & I had fish & chips (her cod, me haddock). Both fish had that wet bite to them reminiscent of a really poor chippy. The (double cooked) chips themselves weren't much better, if anything they were undercooked as they were fairly "al dente". The daughter had bread & butter on the side which was probably the highlight of the meal for her, I opted for the potato fritters and at £2 for a bowl for 6 or so I initially thought good value. Pity, as they were pretty inedible and dripping in grease!
    The wife went for "Berties Frito" which is a basket of mixed fried goods (haddock/cod/scampi/squid), she thought the squid & scampi were decent but the fish was tasteless and, again, wet.

We were asked how the meal went and we fed back as positively as we could, the server did apologise and mentioned they had had nothing but good reviews and hoped we'd still visit again.

At least we got the 20% off with the ST,,,,very much doubt I'll be back though, far too many other options out there to waste time and money in the hope that they are actually capable of better.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Was at a loose end last night so popped in to Berties @ Victoria St with wife & daughter.
    Quite liked the setting and was looking forward to some decent scran,,,,felt a bit let down if I'm honest.
    Daughter & I had fish & chips (her cod, me haddock). Both fish had that wet bite to them reminiscent of a really poor chippy. The (double cooked) chips themselves weren't much better, if anything they were undercooked as they were fairly "al dente". The daughter had bread & butter on the side which was probably the highlight of the meal for her, I opted for the potato fritters and at £2 for a bowl for 6 or so I initially thought good value. Pity, as they were pretty inedible and dripping in grease!
    The wife went for "Berties Frito" which is a basket of mixed fried goods (haddock/cod/scampi/squid), she thought the squid & scampi were decent but the fish was tasteless and, again, wet.

We were asked how the meal went and we fed back as positively as we could, the server did apologise and mentioned they had had nothing but good reviews and hoped we'd still visit again.

At least we got the 20% off with the ST,,,,very much doubt I'll be back though, far too many other options out there to waste time and money in the hope that they are actually capable of better.

Fair do’s. I’ve been to Bertie’s as well and well I absolutely loved it. Planning a trip tomorrow evening there with the Mrs.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Fair do’s. I’ve been to Bertie’s as well and well I absolutely loved it. Planning a trip tomorrow evening there with the Mrs.
    I sincerely hope you have a better experience than I did. I know folk that went when it opened and waxed lyrical about it. Maybe it was just a bad day in the kitchen for someone!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Good to hear it. Vittorias was a regular for my family for birthday meals, partly because my mum is extremely fussy but stopped going as we thought it had slipped a wee bit and wasn’t as good as it used to be. Hopefully give it another bash.
    I’ve drifted away from them for similar reasons still good but maybe not as good as it used to be it’s also getting pretty pricy for an Italian.

Still go to Taste Of Italy often which I love similar quality food decent value and good atmosphere.