hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 850
  1. #751
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,696
    Got a takeaway pizza from Oregano Go the other day (the takeaway/delivery shop for the Oregano restaurant.. Superb pizza.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #752
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have any recommendations of places to eat around the festival theatre?
    Mother India would be my pick of the places in the vicinity.
    Mon the Hibs.

  4. #753
    Administrator hibee_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lochend, Edinburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    15,096
    Going to Jamie Oliverís restaurant tomorrow for the first time, my boy is not impressed thereís no pizza!

  5. #754
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,790
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to Jamie Oliverís restaurant tomorrow for the first time, my boy is not impressed thereís no pizza!
    Hope it's improved since I tried it!
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  6. #755
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,421
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope it's improved since I tried it!
    I wasn't at all impressed with it either, though it's been a long time since I went.

  7. #756
    Administrator hibee_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lochend, Edinburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    15,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope it's improved since I tried it!
    Itís ok, wouldnít rush back!

  8. #757
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís ok, wouldnít rush back!
    Thatís itís problem end of the day itís a typical chain restaurant.

  9. #758
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,496
    Taisteal, Stockbridge. Marvellous scran

  10. #759
    Marco Pierre White steakhouse in the Hilton was superb when I went a few weeks ago. We had vouchers for discounted steak but was worth well more than what we paid.

  11. #760
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,519
    Went to Hectors in stockbridge last night for the first time. It was really nice. Sirloin steak and chips for £14, and we had 25% off, so really couldn't grumble with the price or quality.
    Mon the Hibs.

  12. #761
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,696
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went to Hectors in stockbridge last night for the first time. It was really nice. Sirloin steak and chips for £14, and we had 25% off, so really couldn't grumble with the price or quality.
    Never ate in there, didnít even know they did food. Itís only a short walk from my house so will need to give it a go.

  13. #762
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,519
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never ate in there, didnít even know they did food. Itís only a short walk from my house so will need to give it a go.
    I think the voucher for 25% off is online and valid for January.
    Mon the Hibs.

  14. #763
    @hibs.net private member At The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on the rivet
    Posts
    1,074
    revisted the Royal McGregor on the mile, awful, service was slow, i had the fish and it was just pure grease, the staff never even asked why i had left it, wonít be back
    Its better to burn out than fade away


  15. #764
    Vittoria/La Favorita is doing 50% off January food. Online bookings only quoting ref JS18.

  16. #765
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,790
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vittoria/La Favorita is doing 50% off January food. Online bookings only quoting ref JS18.
    Main courses only.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  17. #766
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,696
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vittoria/La Favorita is doing 50% off January food. Online bookings only quoting ref JS18.
    So are Gusto, Indigo Yard, Montpelliers and Rabble. Think there's possibly quite a few more aswell.

    Wasn't for food but I wen't for a drink in the Permit Room which is the cocktail bar in Dishoom the other day. The food smelt incredible and the bar downstairs is pretty nice.

  18. #767
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So are Gusto, Indigo Yard, Montpelliers and Rabble. Think there's possibly quite a few more aswell.

    Wasn't for food but I wen't for a drink in the Permit Room which is the cocktail bar in Dishoom the other day. The food smelt incredible and the bar downstairs is pretty nice.
    I got a voucher for Dishoom for Christmas. Looking forward to trying it as heard only good things.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  19. #768
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,998
    Visited Ramen Dayo on Queen Street, Glasgow, for the first time on Sunday there.

    The menu isn't huge - five or six types of ramen, with a range of additional toppings (though not all were available) and a couple of other things, including four types of gyozo dumplings which were delicious. The ramen itself was generously-portioned and well-flavoured and it was a filling feed for relatively little cost.

    Drinks-wise, there were choices from Japanese beers and cocktails, and quite inexpensive wine for the city centre.

    It was busy enough, without being hectic, but still with a nice, laid-back atmosphere. Service was friendly and attentive, but you didn't feel crowded over.

    The real gem was their dessert menu, which literally is just ice cream - however the choices were black sesame, matcha green tea and adzuki bean, so they were retaining the Japanese link. The black sesame especially was great.

    Will definitely return - good, flavoursome, filling food in a relaxed atmosphere and not going to break the bank.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  20. #769
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,982
    Went to the market street Chop House for a steak this lunchtime. Very tasty rump steak with blue cheese sauce and thoughtful selection of sides to choose from, kimchi, beef dripping mushrooms onion rings and quite outstanding thick chips. £30 each with a decent bottle of red seemed good value.

    The over the top waitress service I could have done without though. It must have been 3minutes of patter about how she wanted us to enjoy 'the full chop house experience on a holistic level' (which basically meant order as many sides as you can please) made me want to burst out laughing. It was like that Catherine Tait sketch. It's a steak FFS.

  21. #770
    Testimonial Due ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,239
    Can't remember if Tapa in Leith has been mentioned already but always great food. And lots of gluten free options as well for those who need that

  22. #771
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,790
    In the Torphin in Corstorphine as we speak, unrecognisable from its previous guise as the Oak. Impressed so far, food report to follow. Food, service and value excellent. A great addition to the Corstorphine scene.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 24-03-2018 at 04:56 PM.

  23. #772
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Torphin in Corstorphine as we speak, unrecognisable from its previous guise as the Oak. Impressed so far, food report to follow. Food, service and value excellent. A great addition to the Corstorphine scene.
    Will be interested to hear your review. I was thoroughly looking forward to this place opening but it received some negative feedback on the local FB page. I shouldn't hold such stock in their feedback though as a significant percentage of the local residents think The White Lady is classed as fine dining,,,,

  24. #773
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,929
    Anyone been to the Brazilian place on George Street called Fazenda? Looks like a meat lovers paradise.

  25. #774
    Booked up for Six By Nicos new Edinburgh gaff in May. Looking forward to it as the Glasgow equivalent has never disappointed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  26. #775
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will be interested to hear your review. I was thoroughly looking forward to this place opening but it received some negative feedback on the local FB page. I shouldn't hold such stock in their feedback though as a significant percentage of the local residents think The White Lady is classed as fine dining,,,,
    Corstorphine is pretty bad for pubs and restaurants. Cool Jade and Manor House are good Chinese - Spice Lounge for Indian. But what's in between is poor.
    Torphin is OK but nowt special.
    The ghastly White Lady has sucked the life out of most places.

  27. #776
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,790
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corstorphine is pretty bad for pubs and restaurants. Cool Jade and Manor House are good Chinese - Spice Lounge for Indian. But what's in between is poor.
    Torphin is OK but nowt special.
    The ghastly White Lady has sucked the life out of most places.
    I disagree, Eastern Pavilion is by far the best Indian, Winstons is a cracking wee pub, Wongs is very good as is the new Japanese restaurant by night. The Torphin is ideal, different to everything else and a welcome addition to Corstorphine. The Hampton hotel is also a nice place to go.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  28. #777
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone been to the Brazilian place on George Street called Fazenda? Looks like a meat lovers paradise.
    Went last night, excellent meal. Been to one in Liverpool so knew what to expect and didnít over indulge. You have coloured disks on the table, turn it to red if you donít want anything brought over, green if you do. Waiters coming around constantly with skewers if meat which they slice offfor you. Selections of steak ( rump, skirt,sirloin) pork , chicken , gammon , sausage. Def onefor the dedicated carnivore though there is an extensive salad bar as well.

  29. #778
    @hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by alnewhaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went last night, excellent meal. Been to one in Liverpool so knew what to expect and didnít over indulge. You have coloured disks on the table, turn it to red if you donít want anything brought over, green if you do. Waiters coming around constantly with skewers if meat which they slice offfor you. Selections of steak ( rump, skirt,sirloin) pork , chicken , gammon , sausage. Def onefor the dedicated carnivore though there is an extensive salad bar as well.
    Sounds good, will need to go.

  30. #779
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    57
    Posts
    25,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Torphin in Corstorphine as we speak, unrecognisable from its previous guise as the Oak. Impressed so far, food report to follow. Food, service and value excellent. A great addition to the Corstorphine scene.
    Was in for a drink a few weeks ago, place looks great
    Will maybe go for some food in a few weeks

  31. #780
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, Eastern Pavilion is by far the best Indian, Winstons is a cracking wee pub, Wongs is very good as is the new Japanese restaurant by night. The Torphin is ideal, different to everything else and a welcome addition to Corstorphine. The Hampton hotel is also a nice place to go.
    The Hampton is nice, you're right, although I'd class it as Murrayfield really. I find the portions a bit small at Wong's and the clientele at Winstons rather cliquey. Apologies if it's your local.

    Torphin is an improvement on The Oak for sure! They didn't clean their pipes often enough there. The Guinness could be on the sour side. You can tell I've done my research!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved