hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 714
  1. #31
    reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Don't actually know right now
    Posts
    7,971
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone is walking up the River Almond from Cramond I can heartily recommend avoiding the cafe at the waterfall.

    You should have seen the guys face in front of me when he was charged over 25 for what was essentially 3 snacks and coffees. He wasn't any happier when the small unappealing snacks arrived!

    My coffee was a bit pealy wally. If I'd been in Starbucks I'd have taken it back asking if it was proper strength and why's it only half full!
    Lovely wee setting though. Was chatting away to the owner and she is opening up a full rooftop restaurant next year, prices though as you say maybe interesting to say the least

    Personally I think she isn't the full shilling.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    What about oven chips n gravy?

  4. #33
    Testimonial Due ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been 3 times to Michael Neave Kitchen and Whisky Bar and have been hugely impressed. Twice for lunch and it is an absolute steal at 7.99 for 3 courses and coffee. Mussels and pheasant last time. You have to book well in advance as it is always full.

    I went in the evening for my daughters 21st and the cooking was great. Best lamb I've had for ages. Very accommodating for the coeliac in the party. About 40 per head with wine but well worth it. highly recommended
    My son knows Michael and had his wedding there. Only problem was that no matter what you chose off the menu there was always something else you wish you had tried! A really nice young man as well as a brilliant chef.

    Closer to home in Leith always enjoy Tapa in Shore Place.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,074
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Just home from Ting Thai Caravan. I had the Khao Sawy Talay (first time I've had that, was excellent), the wife had Nua Yam Talay, and we had some Mun Tod and Roti.

    Was as good as it always is.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Some where over the rainbow
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,231
    I was in Howies Waterloo Pl last week, as always a good meal, never been disappointed there.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

  7. #36
    Pera at elm row the other night. got the mixed grill for two which came with bulgar and a salad. good quality kebab meats done on a charcoal grill and the bulgar was alright as well. Only thing I wasn't keen on was the salad which had been covered in a chopped green herb which I wasn't keen on at all, no idea what it was though. 8/10

  8. #37
    Visited Las Iguanas on George Street at the weekend. Very nice food, excellent service and very good value. Would recommend.

  9. #38
    Testimonial Due Gus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burger Meets Bun - not impressed 5\10
    The Riparian Rooms - Decent enough 7\10
    La Tasca - really enjoyed it,nice change 8\10
    Locanda De Gusti........next has great reviews hope it lives up to them.
    Locanda De Gusti is fantastic, was there last month and was amazing. The food, the staff all made a proper Naples experience. 10/10 from me

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,468
    I went to Nawroz, Middle Eastern Restaurant up at Potterrow, the other night for my tea, we had a voucher. At 29 a very expensive voucher!

    I'm not sure what I didn't like about it, with nearly everything there was something wrong, a wee niggle, which individually wouldn't have mattered but together means I'll not be back.
    Space to let

  11. #40
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15,339
    Thai Orchid on Johnstone Terrace for a business lunch today, first time I have been and would definitely return 8\10

  12. #41
    @hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,579
    Give Frankie and Bennies on the high street a miss.

    No lunch or special menu's like they have at every other one. That close to walking out.

  13. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give Frankie and Bennies on the high street a miss.

    No lunch or special menu's like they have at every other one. That close to walking out.
    I hate F&B
    Kids love it though :-(

  14. #43
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15,339
    La Piazza last night, great meal,vibrant atmosphere and superb service at a reasonable price too.10/10
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  15. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate F&B
    Kids love it though :-(
    Try the filling station same style better food by a mile

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,468
    The Montgomery Fish Bar!

    We quite enjoy a sit doonery in a real chippie, if I lived further away I'd make it a more regular stop on match days.
    Space to let

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,074
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I had a very decent burger in the boozy cow yesterday.

  18. #47
    Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    penicuik
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,066
    I was in pomegranate on Friday night, food was pretty decent and reasonably priced. It is also byob with no corkage charge! Would defo go back.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Lucius Apuleius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In the west travelling east.
    Age
    61
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheBull1875
    The Buttery in Glasgow on Friday night for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,074
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in pomegranate on Friday night, food was pretty decent and reasonably priced. It is also byob with no corkage charge! Would defo go back.
    I've heard good things about there, keep meaning to go in.

  21. #50
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15,339
    Called in the Filling Station in Rose Street tonight, never again. After being served drinks and nothing else for 35 minutes was told by waiter that our order had mistakenly not been passed to kitchen! Told em to forget it and left. The manager did apologise and was not charged for drinks.0/10
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thai Orchid on Johnstone Terrace for a business lunch today, first time I have been and would definitely return 8\10
    This is our favourite Thai restaurant. Amazing food.

    We've spent the last three weeks in Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore. The food and restaurants were generally really good. A few of the meals in Vietnam would count in the top 10 of best meals I've had.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is our favourite Thai restaurant. Amazing food.

    We've spent the last three weeks in Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore. The food and restaurants were generally really good. A few of the meals in Vietnam would count in the top 10 of best meals I've had.
    Yeah just spent a month in Vietnam with the good lady. The food was incredible especially in Hoi An

    With that in mind, give Vietnam House a try on Grove Street. Excellent little restaurant, serving lovely Vietnamese food. BYOB and good portions for the price
    Last edited by TowerHibs; 02-08-2015 at 09:32 AM.

  24. #53
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15,339
    St Johns Curry Club in Corstorphine last night, not the first time I've been there but once again slightly disappounted. Tasted a couple of supposedly different curries last night and all far too similar, the ones described as hot and very spicy were not really.
    6\10
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,074
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Johns Curry Club in Corstorphine last night, not the first time I've been there but once again slightly disappounted. Tasted a couple of supposedly different curries last night and all far too similar, the ones described as hot and very spicy were not really.
    6\10
    I've only eaten from there once, really wasn't impressed. Far prefer Delta at Roseburn. I thought Abidas in Corstorphine was better too.

  26. #55
    Ox184 at the cowgate. Had excellent ribs and a disapointing side of mac and cheese. Ribs where that good though that i cant wait to go back. Tried a bit of the pulled pork burger which was tidy as well.Had plenty good beers available also

  27. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've only eaten from there once, really wasn't impressed. Far prefer Delta at Roseburn. I thought Abidas in Corstorphine was better too.
    Good to know.

    we move to murrayfield next year so finding a decent curry is a priority

  28. #57
    Old enough to know better. Stupid enough to do it anyway. Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ox184 at the cowgate. Had excellent ribs and a disapointing side of mac and cheese. Ribs where that good though that i cant wait to go back. Tried a bit of the pulled pork burger which was tidy as well.Had plenty good beers available also
    Had a rib eye steak in there on friday. It was excellent and as you say the beer selection is good. Anywhere with 3 taps from the tempest brewery is doing something right imo!

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ox184 at the cowgate. Had excellent ribs and a disapointing side of mac and cheese. Ribs where that good though that i cant wait to go back. Tried a bit of the pulled pork burger which was tidy as well.Had plenty good beers available also
    Do they have self service beer fridges and taps?

    I was involved with the supply side before theu opened and that was certainly their plan then?
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  30. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do they have self service beer fridges and taps?

    I was involved with the supply side before theu opened and that was certainly their plan then?
    Not as far as im aware. Between having a good few drinks before and table service in the place theres a chance it couldve passed me by though.

    Cant beat self service fridges, came across one in warsaw earlier in the year and its something id like to see more off.
    Last edited by adhibs; 02-08-2015 at 03:21 PM.

  31. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had a rib eye steak in there on friday. It was excellent and as you say the beer selection is good. Anywhere with 3 taps from the tempest brewery is doing something right imo!
    Was having a look at the menu again earlier and chances are ill go for a steak next time, keen to try a burger as well though. My girlfreind got a side of fries and a tub of cheese sauce to dip them in which was excellent.

    Ive got a trip down to the tempest bar in kelso planned for some time in the future, supposedly do realy good food there as well

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved