hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    La Favorita on Leith Walk will give you the private room and look after you. PM me if you want a set deal set up with food and beer.
    Thanks. Ill speak to the boys and find out and get back to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Cabbages & Condoms in Bangkok last night. Food was very good!
    Was in there last November after enjoying it on my first visit to Bangkok over 5 years ago.

We were in Bangkok for a few nights & Cambodia for over 2 weeks and this was the most expensive and worst meal we had, thought it had gone really downhill from our first visit.

The Caley Picture House formerly a cinema and club. This I mention as Wetherspoons, for all their faults, have done a stunning job on it. It's in the Hollywood style but it still has the old lift and the gallery where I used to watch Clint Eastwood shooting 'em up.
    Food is usual Wetherspoons fare and ale a pound cheaper than anywhere else. But they can do that.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Was in there last November after enjoying it on my first visit to Bangkok over 5 years ago.

We were in Bangkok for a few nights & Cambodia for over 2 weeks and this was the most expensive and worst meal we had, thought it had gone really downhill from our first visit.
    Maybe you just caught it on a bad night. It's definitely one of the more expensive meals I've had over here, but the food was really good.

Maybe you just caught it on a bad night. It's definitely one of the more expensive meals I've had over here, but the food was really good.
    Yeh you maybe right, it was a wet night so we had to sit inside, the Tom Yum soup was far too salty and the waitress was over keen to take away plates from the table, even before we had finished the food on them.

Still like the restaurant and it's for a great cause.

Had some better food at the Chatuchak weekend market at a fraction of the price.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Anyone been to Tuk Tuk on Leven St.

Booked it for next week
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Booked it for next week
    Yeah group of us went, great night as it served it's purpose for a get together with BYOB. The food was passable without being spectacular,you get what you pay for really it's not expensive so not top end. I would only go there again in a group for a cheap piss up with food.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Booked it for next week
    It's quite good but once you've been to mother India there's no comparrison

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Agree with this.

Tuk Tuk is decent enough but Mother India is absolutely superb. Only downside it is so busy it can sometimes feel a wee bit rushed.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation I will definitely try it sometime. Tuk Tuk is booked as a pre theatre so hopefully it's good.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Eastern Pavilion again last night the place was heaving at 8.30 whilst St John's along the road had one table occupied. Another great night was had.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Eastern Pavilion again last night the place was heaving at 8.30 whilst St John's along the road had one table occupied. Another great night was had.
    Do need to try this I'm just along the road.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Anyone tried Crolla's in Musselburgh?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Wildwood in Lothian Road on Friday night.

Nice atmosphere, well looked after and food was very tasty. Had grilled boneless chicken in mushroom sauce with gratinated potatoes. Starter of prawns in garlic. Couple of Morettis.

The three of us had starters and mains with couple of drinks each (2 soft). £70 and not a thing left on the plates.

Will definitely go back.

Ended up in Jamies Italian on Saturday with the wife and kids. For a minute I was tempted to phone the police and tell them someone had stolen the pizzas as I couldn't see any on the menu but once I got over the initial shock we all really enjoyed it. Quite a nice place to be in too and despite being picky the kids loved it.

Would go back!

Watched the Derby in Clerks Bar in the SOuthside yesterday, I really like it there. Going for that wings and burgers market that's probably full just now but decent quaility burgers.

Promising Youngster
    Anyone been to The Walnut on Leith Walk before? Going this week

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Ended up in Jamies Italian on Saturday with the wife and kids. For a minute I was tempted to phone the police and tell them someone had stolen the pizzas as I couldn't see any on the menu but once I got over the initial shock we all really enjoyed it. Quite a nice place to be in too and despite being picky the kids loved it.

Would go back!

Watched the Derby in Clerks Bar in the SOuthside yesterday, I really like it there. Going for that wings and burgers market that's probably full just now but decent quaility burgers.
    I went to Jamie's Italian a while back now, cos the wife fancied it. I thought the food was pretty bland and the portion sizes were crap. It's been a long time though, so maybe it's improved now.

I went to Jamie's Italian a while back now, cos the wife fancied it. I thought the food was pretty bland and the portion sizes were crap. It's been a long time though, so maybe it's improved now.
    Been twice and it's average at best sooner go to pizza express etc.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajo View Post
    Anyone been to The Walnut on Leith Walk before? Going this week
    I'm planning to go soon so your feedback would be good to have

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar
    Harajuku Kitchen on Gillespie Crescent, just up from the Kings theatre is a great Japanese Restaurant, recently voted best in UK, is excellent, been a couple of times, not been disappointed

http://harajukukitchen.co.uk/

I tried Jamie's once a couple of years ago and found it to be overpriced crap. Maybe it has improved.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Anyone tried Crolla's in Musselburgh?
    I've eaten a couple of times there Matty.

The setting is really nice, as is the layout inside.

Food seemed decent enough, though I rarely go out to Italian restaurants so I'm not the best judge. Last time I was there I had a wild mushroom risotto which was prepared just fine and was substantially portioned. Other dishes at the table looked good as well.

Couldn't fault the service and the prices seemed reasonable enough. If it's dinner rather than lunch then parking is easy, given where it's located.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I've eaten a couple of times there Matty.

The setting is really nice, as is the layout inside.

Food seemed decent enough, though I rarely go out to Italian restaurants so I'm not the best judge. Last time I was there I had a wild mushroom risotto which was prepared just fine and was substantially portioned. Other dishes at the table looked good as well.

Couldn't fault the service and the prices seemed reasonable enough. If it's dinner rather than lunch then parking is easy, given where it's located.
    Nice one, thanks.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Went to the Guru tonight and found it to be very good. The naan bread was about the size of a canoe so don't think about ordering one for each person. Had a hot and spicy jalfrezei which was really good and the guy must have beat the crap out of the lamb for about five hours with a lump hammer to get it so tender. Thoroughly enjoyable and the service was very friendly, and well priced as well. It's a byob place but worth a visit if you enjoy Indian food.

Guru is really good my only complaint the last time was the sauce was a little thin.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Never been but always been somewhere I intended to try - be good to hear your thoughts.
    Monteiths - nothing spectacular, food was 'nice' but would expect nothing less for the price. Highlight was the crispy bacon and butterscotch, went surprisingly well together.

The price of the cocktails is unbelievable, I had one at nearly £10 and it tasted like a kids slushy.

Decent but probably more for the tourist crowd. Would not rush back.

Eastern Pavilion again tonight :-)

Edit: It was excellent again, very busy with folk from the rugby but still great friendly service and fantastic food.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 26-02-2017 at 10:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Monteiths - nothing spectacular, food was 'nice' but would expect nothing less for the price. Highlight was the crispy bacon and butterscotch, went surprisingly well together.

The price of the cocktails is unbelievable, I had one at nearly £10 and it tasted like a kids slushy.

Decent but probably more for the tourist crowd. Would not rush back.
    Cheers for that. Won't prioritise going there
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Dining in Divino's on Wednesday night, complete new authentic Italian menu from the Italian Head chef. Recently had a kitchen refit which has doubled the size of the kitchen so looking forward to some great food.

Blog Entries
    Had a really nice meal in Mother India's Cafe at the west end of Argyle Street, Glasgow. They serve tasty Indian grub, in tapas portions. Great selection, reasonably priced.