hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hanny0762
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at Bubba Q's on the royal mile on Saturday. If you like American style BBQ/smoked food you will love it. Reasonable prices, food was great, and plentiful portions. I would recommend the sausages, brisket, the BBQ beans and the dynamite fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Went for lunch today and it was excellent. 10" hot dog with pulled pork and BBQ sauce with fries for £7. Superb.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanny View Post
    Went for lunch today and it was excellent. 10" hot dog with pulled pork and BBQ sauce with fries for £7. Superb.
    Is it the usual ****** hot dog though?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I use Vittorias regularly and was surprised by some of these comments.Had a quick look at Trip Advisor and see that both the one in Leith and on the Bridge are still getting great comments. My other favourite is La Piazza.
    I felt it was living off its reputation and had let the standards drop. Interesting to see that others here had a similar experience.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hanny0762
    Is it the usual ****** hot dog though?
    No the dog was good too. Skinless bratwurst I think.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I got a takeaway from Noks Kitchen in Stockbridge last night. It was excellent and I'll definitely be using it again.

First Team Breakthrough
    Anybody got any recommendations for Manchester? Preferably vegetarian.

Yeah I live in Corstorphine,tried it once and decided no better than the other Chinese restaurants in Corstorphine with reasonable prices.
    Any recommendations?

Corstorphine is really handy for us and we might start going there more often rather than the awful chain restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Any recommendations?

Corstorphine is really handy for us and we might start going there more often rather than the awful chain restaurants.
    Peach Garden has been very good though it has just changed management again and locals giving it mixed reviews. I found it just as good so worth a visit.

Wongs owned and run by husband and wife team David and Rose very hospitable, attentive hosts with good food. Spicy dishes tend to be more powerful than other restaurants but suits me.

Chinese Manor House probably the most expensive of the three but excellent food if maybe slighter smaller portions.

Fabios italian, gets good local reviews but never been a great fan myself and prefer to travel to La Piazza in Shandwick place more often than not.

Redwood bistro, Californian chef proprietor very different menu worth a look and visit.

St Johns Curry club, well worth a visit,quite small and when busy not much room between tables but decent food and great North Indian Chilli garlic chicken :-)

Abida same owner as curry club and always found it good,bigger restaurant with private room available for larger parties.

Eastern Pavilion I think it's callef next to Peach Garden never been is often empty.

We eat out locally a lot :-)
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 19-11-2016 at 08:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Any recommendations?

Spice Lounge on Drumbrae.

Excellent food but their service can be hit and miss.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Well just back from Vittorias on the walk....superb as usual!!

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Well just back from Vittorias on the walk....superb as usual!!
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Spice Lounge on Drumbrae.

Excellent food but their service can be hit and miss.
    You get a nice meal there and it's very comfortable. Best Asian in Corstorphine I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    You get a nice meal there and it's very comfortable. Best Asian in Corstorphine I'd say.
    Never rated it myself,haven't been for a year or more but wasn't impressed with food last time. Maybe a revisit is due.

Testimonial Due
    Peach Garden has been very good though it has just changed management again and locals giving it mixed reviews. I found it just as good so worth a visit.

Wongs owned and run by husband and wife team David and Rose very hospitable, attentive hosts with good food. Spicy dishes tend to be more powerful than other restaurants but suits me.

Chinese Manor House probably the most expensive of the three but excellent food if maybe slighter smaller portions.

Fabios italian, gets good local reviews but never been a great fan myself and prefer to travel to La Piazza in Shandwick place more often than not.

Redwood bistro, Californian chef proprietor very different menu worth a look and visit.

St Johns Curry club, well worth a visit,quite small and when busy not much room between tables but decent food and great North Indian Chilli garlic chicken :-)

Abida same owner as curry club and always found it good,bigger restaurant with private room available for larger parties.

Eastern Pavilion I think it's callef next to Peach Garden never been is often empty.

Eastern Pavillion is easily the best Indian in corstorphine and my favourite in Edinburgh. Fridays and Saturdays are often very busy.

Went to the spice lounge once before and I thought it was terrible. Nice looking place but the food was awful.

Testimonial Due
    Going to the scran and scallie in Stockbridge for a birthday lunch in a few weeks. Have heard great things, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Eastern Pavillion is easily the best Indian in corstorphine and my favourite in Edinburgh. Fridays and Saturdays are often very busy.

Went to the spice lounge once before and I thought it was terrible. Nice looking place but the food was awful.
    Can't compare the food but can confirm it is often empty or the odd table whenever I pass which is often. I will give it a try based on your recommendation.

Going to the scran and scallie in Stockbridge for a birthday lunch in a few weeks. Have heard great things, can't wait.
    Have been twice and was very good each time.

Testimonial Due
    Can't compare the food but can confirm it is often empty or the odd table whenever I pass which is often. I will give it a try based on your recommendation.
    Yes well worth a go. They had a special curry on the last time I went a few weeks ago which was absolutely fantastic. The Chicken Korai they do is also amazing.

Promising Youngster
    Has anyone been to Castle Terrace for lunch? I'm going in a few weeks time and can't wait!

Agreed. Very good.

Thanks for this and to BH too. We'll give them a try.

Tried Wongs and the food was very good. Nice atmosphere too.

Testimonial Due
    Thanks for this and to BH too. We'll give them a try.

Tried Wongs and the food was very good. Nice atmosphere too.
    I've been going to Wongs since they opened about 10-15 years ago. The food has always been of a high standard and as Scouse mentioned, David and Rose do a great job of running the place. It's usually pretty quiet when I go these days but I think they do a lot of business on the takeaway side.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Just been to Educated Flea on Broughton Street for lunch, 2 courses for a tenner, absolute bargain. Will definitely go back.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Was up town on Saturday and decided to go for a spot to eat. Popped in to the Foundry 39 at the west end. Located in what used to be Bar Roma on Queensferry Street.
    The place is not long open and looked very trendy, plenty beard & tattoos on show as is the way these days. I thought the drinks were decent, plenty small batch brews to be had and the cocktail list has enough to cater for most tastes. I had the smoked Heather sour, which was certainly sour!
    The food however was a big let down, opted for the special chilli burger asking with chilli fries. The fries were passable but the burger was shocking, somehow the meat pate was dried out but the bun was sopping in juices,,, disgusting and was left on the late. The server noticed it but never even asked how the food was.
    Won't be back in a hurry unless it was drinks only.

Two friends of mine were in Lancers in Stockbridge on Saturday and said it was very poor, both service and quality of food.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Was in Wahaca at St Andrews Square on Friday night for my work's Christmas meal. We had the 'Mexmas Banquet' between 6 of us and it was really nice food.

The sweet potato taquitos and the salmon sushimi tostadas as part of the starters were amazing.

Two friends of mine were in Lancers in Stockbridge on Saturday and said it was very poor, both service and quality of food.
    Interesting i drove past last week and thought it had been ages since I last went, always enjoyed it before but maybe will give it a miss!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Was at Bar Italia (Lothian Road) at the weekend after a show at the Usher Hall. It was pretty small (the restaurant, not the show) and busy but the staff were good and the service was pretty quick.

The food was tasty, I had a carbonara (have started making these myself at home, using the traditional method with egg and no cream, so I tend to get this in an Italian restaurant to compare). I would (modestly) say that my carbonara was nicer than theirs, however it was very tasty regardless. They used a cream sauce and I was happy to finish the lot. The portion size was perfect as well.

Tiramisu for desert, was lovely.

The food wasn't that good that I'd rush to go back, but I certainly wouldn't have any qualms in going again if I was in the area.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The Atelier on Morrison Street for my year group at works Christmas dinner. Very nice indeed. One of my favourite restaurants in Edinburgh.
    Mon the Hibs.

Four of us going to Eastern Pavillion in Corstorphine tommorrow night following the good reviews on here. Hope it lives up to expectations :-)