hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Got a takeaway pizza from Oregano Go the other day (the takeaway/delivery shop for the Oregano restaurant.. Superb pizza.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have any recommendations of places to eat around the festival theatre?
    Mother India would be my pick of the places in the vicinity.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Going to Jamie Oliver’s restaurant tomorrow for the first time, my boy is not impressed there’s no pizza!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Going to Jamie Oliver’s restaurant tomorrow for the first time, my boy is not impressed there’s no pizza!
    Hope it's improved since I tried it!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I wasn't at all impressed with it either, though it's been a long time since I went.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    It’s ok, wouldn’t rush back!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    It’s ok, wouldn’t rush back!
    That’s it’s problem end of the day it’s a typical chain restaurant.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Taisteal, Stockbridge. Marvellous scran

Marco Pierre White steakhouse in the Hilton was superb when I went a few weeks ago. We had vouchers for discounted steak but was worth well more than what we paid.

Went to Hectors in stockbridge last night for the first time. It was really nice. Sirloin steak and chips for £14, and we had 25% off, so really couldn't grumble with the price or quality.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Went to Hectors in stockbridge last night for the first time. It was really nice. Sirloin steak and chips for £14, and we had 25% off, so really couldn't grumble with the price or quality.
    Never ate in there, didn’t even know they did food. It’s only a short walk from my house so will need to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Never ate in there, didn’t even know they did food. It’s only a short walk from my house so will need to give it a go.
    I think the voucher for 25% off is online and valid for January.
    Mon the Hibs.

revisted the Royal McGregor on the mile, awful, service was slow, i had the fish and it was just pure grease, the staff never even asked why i had left it, won’t be back

Vittoria/La Favorita is doing 50% off January food. Online bookings only quoting ref JS18.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Vittoria/La Favorita is doing 50% off January food. Online bookings only quoting ref JS18.
    Main courses only.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    So are Gusto, Indigo Yard, Montpelliers and Rabble. Think there's possibly quite a few more aswell.

Wasn't for food but I wen't for a drink in the Permit Room which is the cocktail bar in Dishoom the other day. The food smelt incredible and the bar downstairs is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    So are Gusto, Indigo Yard, Montpelliers and Rabble. Think there's possibly quite a few more aswell.

Wasn't for food but I wen't for a drink in the Permit Room which is the cocktail bar in Dishoom the other day. The food smelt incredible and the bar downstairs is pretty nice.
    I got a voucher for Dishoom for Christmas. Looking forward to trying it as heard only good things.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Visited Ramen Dayo on Queen Street, Glasgow, for the first time on Sunday there.

The menu isn't huge - five or six types of ramen, with a range of additional toppings (though not all were available) and a couple of other things, including four types of gyozo dumplings which were delicious. The ramen itself was generously-portioned and well-flavoured and it was a filling feed for relatively little cost.

Drinks-wise, there were choices from Japanese beers and cocktails, and quite inexpensive wine for the city centre.

It was busy enough, without being hectic, but still with a nice, laid-back atmosphere. Service was friendly and attentive, but you didn't feel crowded over.

The real gem was their dessert menu, which literally is just ice cream - however the choices were black sesame, matcha green tea and adzuki bean, so they were retaining the Japanese link. The black sesame especially was great.

Will definitely return - good, flavoursome, filling food in a relaxed atmosphere and not going to break the bank.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Went to the market street Chop House for a steak this lunchtime. Very tasty rump steak with blue cheese sauce and thoughtful selection of sides to choose from, kimchi, beef dripping mushrooms onion rings and quite outstanding thick chips. £30 each with a decent bottle of red seemed good value.

The over the top waitress service I could have done without though. It must have been 3minutes of patter about how she wanted us to enjoy 'the full chop house experience on a holistic level' (which basically meant order as many sides as you can please) made me want to burst out laughing. It was like that Catherine Tait sketch. It's a steak FFS.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Can't remember if Tapa in Leith has been mentioned already but always great food. And lots of gluten free options as well for those who need that

In the Torphin in Corstorphine as we speak, unrecognisable from its previous guise as the Oak. Impressed so far, food report to follow. Food, service and value excellent. A great addition to the Corstorphine scene.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 24-03-2018 at 05:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    In the Torphin in Corstorphine as we speak, unrecognisable from its previous guise as the Oak. Impressed so far, food report to follow. Food, service and value excellent. A great addition to the Corstorphine scene.
    Will be interested to hear your review. I was thoroughly looking forward to this place opening but it received some negative feedback on the local FB page. I shouldn't hold such stock in their feedback though as a significant percentage of the local residents think The White Lady is classed as fine dining,,,,

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone been to the Brazilian place on George Street called Fazenda? Looks like a meat lovers paradise.

Booked up for Six By Nicos new Edinburgh gaff in May. Looking forward to it as the Glasgow equivalent has never disappointed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Will be interested to hear your review. I was thoroughly looking forward to this place opening but it received some negative feedback on the local FB page. I shouldn't hold such stock in their feedback though as a significant percentage of the local residents think The White Lady is classed as fine dining,,,,
    Corstorphine is pretty bad for pubs and restaurants. Cool Jade and Manor House are good Chinese - Spice Lounge for Indian. But what's in between is poor.
    Torphin is OK but nowt special.
    The ghastly White Lady has sucked the life out of most places.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Corstorphine is pretty bad for pubs and restaurants. Cool Jade and Manor House are good Chinese - Spice Lounge for Indian. But what's in between is poor.
    Torphin is OK but nowt special.
    The ghastly White Lady has sucked the life out of most places.
    I disagree, Eastern Pavilion is by far the best Indian, Winstons is a cracking wee pub, Wongs is very good as is the new Japanese restaurant by night. The Torphin is ideal, different to everything else and a welcome addition to Corstorphine. The Hampton hotel is also a nice place to go.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Anyone been to the Brazilian place on George Street called Fazenda? Looks like a meat lovers paradise.
    Went last night, excellent meal. Been to one in Liverpool so knew what to expect and didn’t over indulge. You have coloured disks on the table, turn it to red if you don’t want anything brought over, green if you do. Waiters coming around constantly with skewers if meat which they slice offfor you. Selections of steak ( rump, skirt,sirloin) pork , chicken , gammon , sausage. Def onefor the dedicated carnivore though there is an extensive salad bar as well.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnewhaven View Post
    Went last night, excellent meal. Been to one in Liverpool so knew what to expect and didn’t over indulge. You have coloured disks on the table, turn it to red if you don’t want anything brought over, green if you do. Waiters coming around constantly with skewers if meat which they slice offfor you. Selections of steak ( rump, skirt,sirloin) pork , chicken , gammon , sausage. Def onefor the dedicated carnivore though there is an extensive salad bar as well.
    Sounds good, will need to go.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was in for a drink a few weeks ago, place looks great
    Will maybe go for some food in a few weeks

I disagree, Eastern Pavilion is by far the best Indian, Winstons is a cracking wee pub, Wongs is very good as is the new Japanese restaurant by night. The Torphin is ideal, different to everything else and a welcome addition to Corstorphine. The Hampton hotel is also a nice place to go.
    The Hampton is nice, you're right, although I'd class it as Murrayfield really. I find the portions a bit small at Wong's and the clientele at Winstons rather cliquey. Apologies if it's your local.

Torphin is an improvement on The Oak for sure! They didn't clean their pipes often enough there. The Guinness could be on the sour side. You can tell I've done my research!