hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume it is, I was never in the Meadowbank one but it always got rave reviews.
    Changed to Xanadu, Im sure Karens family run it, excellent food too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I think The Abercromby Place restaurant is an off shoot from one in St Stephens Street some years ago.

Daughter treated us to a takeaway from St Andrews in Porty last night, opted for doner kebab, horrible, meat was like strips of leather, pitta bread bone hard, salad was just a pile of mush & the chips were re-fried. Makes sticking to the diet a lot easier now 😧

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    A couple of years ago. It was good from memory.
    my brother works there, so if anyone from .net asks for Duncan, they might get a discount

I was at Tuk Tuk tonight, really enjoyed it. Good Indian food, good service,BYOB and great value.

Got a delivery from the curry club in Corstorphine as I'd heard good things about them and to say it was bang average would be being nice to them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Got a delivery from the curry club in Corstorphine as I'd heard good things about them and to say it was bang average would be being nice to them.
    Yes it's pretty poor, takeaway or sit in it's the Eastern Pavilion in Corstorphine for me.

A bit out the way but if ever in Skye the new restaurant in Portree called Cuchullin is excellent . Tonight I ate in Creelers in Broadford. The seafood gumbo was as perfect as a meal could be

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    A bit out the way but if ever in Skye the new restaurant in Portree called Cuchullin is excellent . Tonight I ate in Creelers in Broadford. The seafood gumbo was as perfect as a meal could be
    I eat there when in Skye 2 years ago (creelers) - it was really good! Glad to hear it's still going strong.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I acknowledge I'm a bit of a cheerleader for La Garrigue but have to big it up again.

We were there for lunch yesterday, less than fifteen pounds for three courses of good Languedoc cuisine.

The service was exemplary, couldn't fault it.

Easily the best French restaurant in Edinburgh.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Was at The Blackbird for brunch last week. Was decent enough and reasonably priced.

Had dinner in Amber at the Scotch Whisky Experience. Food was pretty decent but it was pretty unimaginative stuff and was obviously aimed at the tourist market. There's better in the price range in Edinburgh.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I think The Abercromby Place restaurant is an off shoot from one in St Stephens Street some years ago.
    Correct. Karens is great.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    I was at Tuk Tuk tonight, really enjoyed it. Good Indian food, good service,BYOB and great value.
    I thought it was good but not enough to take me back.

I'd happily eat there if I was looking for somewhere before the Kings for example, but it wouldn't be up if there if I was just looking for an Indian.

Mother India and Dishoom both great. I'll be at Kismot next week so will give a review - last time I was there the food was nice but had to leave a lot because of slow service and a festival show we had booked.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yes it's pretty poor, takeaway or sit in it's the Eastern Pavilion in Corstorphine for me.
    This place has been mentioned too many times for me to ignore again. Both here and on the Corstorphine Facebook page it's highly rated.
    I had a bang average meal there last Christmas, the low point was the greasy mushroom rice. Having regular takeways and sit-ins at Corstorphines other Indian restaurants (St Johns/Abidas/Spice lounge/The Curry House) I'd be foolish not to give it one more go!

Asha at Western Corner is a great takeaway.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Anyone ever tried La Petite Folie at Randolph Place?

I had a very nice lunch last week there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent!
    Paesano in Glasgow thats twice been there a highly rated pizza place but for me the pizza is soggy and not a big fan.

Has anyone here had pizza in Naples and was it wet? I hold the crust up at edge and the slice just flops down.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Paesano in Glasgow thats twice been there a highly rated pizza place but for me the pizza is soggy and not a big fan.

Has anyone here had pizza in Naples and was it wet? I hold the crust up at edge and the slice just flops down.
    I hate soggy pizza, too many topping and too much cheese make it too wet and hence the flop. I always ask for it to be made slightly crisp than normal, a good hot stone makes that no problem.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 21-05-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hate soggy pizza, too many topping and too much cheese make it too wet and hence the flop. I always ask for it to be made slightly crisp than normal, a good hot stone makes that no problem.
    There also seems a need to drench it in olive oil. We are thinking of going to Naples later this year so seeing how its done hopefully its not meant to be wet as in some places.

There also seems a need to drench it in olive oil. We are thinking of going to Naples later this year so seeing how its done hopefully its not meant to be wet as in some places.
    Have no idea why they drench it in olive oil absolutely no need, a sensible amount in the dough mixture is sufficient.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post

Really? I love the Bengali green chicken and special onion rice out of there.

Not in Naples but I visited Capri, Positano and Sorrento a couple of weeks ago; pizzas in the restaurants were first class(for my preference) thin crispy bases, enough cheese & tomato and very fresh fresh meat and/or veg. On our first night we arrived pretty late and we're directed to a local cafe, pizza was pretty doughy, had loads of cheese on it and too much oil, toppings fresh and tasty and place was rammed with locals. Pasta , gnocchi and seafood were top notch too.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This place has been mentioned too many times for me to ignore again. Both here and on the Corstorphine Facebook page it's highly rated.
    I had a bang average meal there last Christmas, the low point was the greasy mushroom rice. Having regular takeways and sit-ins at Corstorphines other Indian restaurants (St Johns/Abidas/Spice lounge/The Curry House) I'd be foolish not to give it one more go!
    Tell you what, theres a few complete roasters on that page.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Tell you what, theres a few complete roasters on that page.
    Great page it often descends into all out war.

Really? I love the Bengali green chicken and special onion rice out of there.
    There will always be different opinions, if they do a great dish that you like then you of course will stick with them. I used to use it all the time too but have now found far better for my taste.

Great page it often descends into all out war.

Yeah, some folk post the most ridiculous things. Or questions that a quick google would solve and save them having to wait for replies

There will always be different opinions, if they do a great dish that you like then you of course will stick with them. I used to use it all the time too but have now found far better for my taste.
    Of course there will and I accept that no problem, I have to say I've not tried the Eastern Pavilion which is a sin considering how long I've been living in the area. I shall see if Mrs Hermit Crab fancies trying it one night as she's fond of the St J Curry Club too.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Anyone ever tried La Petite Folie at Randolph Place?

I had a very nice lunch last week there.
    Been there a couple of times. Found it very pleasant - lay-out, service and the food itself.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Of course there will and I accept that no problem, I have to say I've not tried the Eastern Pavilion which is a sin considering how long I've been living in the area. I shall see if Mrs Hermit Crab fancies trying it one night as she's fond of the St J Curry Club too.

Eastern Pavilion is best in Corstorphine i would say. Had a few takeaways from Nahar in Clermiston and been impressed.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Anyone been to the Chophousesteak restaurant that Fontaine tweeted about a couple of weeks ago. Think there's 2 in Edinburgh. Apologies if it's already on this thread