hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone been to the Chophousesteak restaurant that Fontaine tweeted about a couple of weeks ago. Think there's 2 in Edinburgh. Apologies if it's already on this thread
    Leith one on Constitution Street is very good. Finally tried Market Street a few weeks back and no comparison. Staff were up their own erse and food was bang average despite being a similar menu.

Tbh even having enjoyed the Leith one I wouldn't say it's the best steak in Edinburgh.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Leith one on Constitution Street is very good. Finally tried Market Street a few weeks back and no comparison. Staff were up their own erse and food was bang average despite being a similar menu.

Tbh even having enjoyed the Leith one I wouldn't say it's the best steak in Edinburgh.
    I'd agree with that. We went to the Market Street one first and it was OK but not great and the staff were a bit pretentious. We were then invited to a friend's birthday lunch at the Leith one and it was way better even with better service even though we were a big group.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Thanks for the feedback, will try the Leith one

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, will try the Leith one
    My wife went to the Leith one at lunch time and it was dreadful so she decided to complain and they couldn't have been any better. They gave us a free meal for two and didn't charge us for the drinks we had and it was absolutely superb.

Would definitely go back.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Posted about this place before but been at Dine Edinburgh at the Traverse twice again in the last couple of weeks. The market or pre-theatre menu is ridiculously good value, with the food being very good and really well executed. Service is tremendous and the location and set-up are great.

It's been a bit of a go-to restaurant when attending the Usher Hall, because the location is so good, but has shifted into the kind of place I would choose for going out with friends in its own right - because of the qualities described above,
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars