hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Anyone been to Dishoom yet? We're booked for the end of the month.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone been to Dishoom yet? We're booked for the end of the month.
    Went for lunch today. It was good. It isn't really curry if that's what you are expecting though. More small plates and items from the grill with like 3(?) curries on the menu.

Went to the Corstorphine Inn for a couple of pints and some pub grub and was very impressed with the standard of the food. A la carte it most certainly isn't, but for a pub it was far better than some restaurants I've been to. If you're in the area and want a cheap eat, look no further.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    La Fav pre match tonight, pizza and a pint (or two) perfect start to a Friday evening

@hibs.net private member
    Renroc, Montgomery Street pre match tonight for food n pints. Always a good option.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The antiquary in stockbridge last night was really good. Pheasant Balmoral was class (and £12), a few drinks with some live folk music and generally quite a nice place/atmosphere. I'd highly recommend it.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    After a busy afternoon in town found ourselves at Haymarket so decided to pop into Platform 5 for pub grub and a few drinks. Never again until they sort out the fruit flies!

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Hit a couple of places over the last week.

Cail Bruich in Glasgow, on Great Western Road was lovely. Service was incredibly attentive. We had their tasting menu, portions were probably too big. Couldn't fault the food in the slightest though. The fish courses were delicious and the steak main was as tender as you would want.

Back to Cafe Marlayne on Antigua Street, top of the Walk, before the game last night. Been there before, Couldn't recommend it highly enough. I can't think of anywhere as easy for ER yet just as nice and tasty.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

It's not Edinburgh but we tried the hot flame buffet in Livingston centre and I was impressed.

Some of the Italian dishes looked as if they were there to make up the numbers but all the Chinese, Indian and Mexican ones were pretty good quality. Lovely chicken.

I never had time to try any of the Teppanyaki, carvery or Tandoori stuff but I will next time as it looks like that's where a lot of the effort was concentrated on.

Even the fussiest family of four can stuff their face and have drinks refilled for just over forty quid. Not bad.

First Team Breakthrough
    Couple of drinks then went to a Room in Leith last night. Superb meal and good value, 2 courses for just over 20 quid. Nice atmosphere, good service, will definitely be going back. Great little boozers around there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    Renroc, Montgomery Street pre match tonight for food n pints. Always a good option.
    Had possibly the worst breakfast ive ever had in there. Crap sausages and couldve smashed the wibdow with the tattie scone. Does seem popular but would not try it again.

A few recently over the festive period......

Eastern Pavilion on Xmas day - Great food, friendly service and not over-charging cos it was xmas. Loved it

Shebeen (Morrison Street) - Food was average. Best thing was the staff who were always happy to help and explain all things South African

Caley Picture House - Same golden coloured food delivered in all Witherspoons. Fills a hole, is all i can say but then again so does cement

Origano (Leith Walk) - Couldn't get in usual haunts before DU game on Friday so tried here. Will def be back. Pizzas come in sizes 11, 14 and 16 inches so great for sharing. Good food and nice atmosphere followed by a lovely destruction of the Arabs.

Next on my radar is Purslane. With my job I often have high end guests looking to try the top places in Edinburgh. This place keeps coming up when we tour together. Very wealthy family recently who owned property all over the world described it as their favourite restaurant anywhere. High praise.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    A few recently over the festive period......

Eastern Pavilion on Xmas day - Great food, friendly service and not over-charging cos it was xmas. Loved it

Shebeen (Morrison Street) - Food was average. Best thing was the staff who were always happy to help and explain all things South African

Caley Picture House - Same golden coloured food delivered in all Witherspoons. Fills a hole, is all i can say but then again so does cement

Origano (Leith Walk) - Couldn't get in usual haunts before DU game on Friday so tried here. Will def be back. Pizzas come in sizes 11, 14 and 16 inches so great for sharing. Good food and nice atmosphere followed by a lovely destruction of the Arabs.

Next on my radar is Purslane. With my job I often have high end guests looking to try the top places in Edinburgh. This place keeps coming up when we tour together. Very wealthy family recently who owned property all over the world described it as their favourite restaurant anywhere. High praise.
    Purslane is very nice!

Origano is on my list to try - I've heard good things about their pizzas.

There is a Portuguese opened up near the commonwealth pool - menu looks the same as a previous Portuguese by fountain park that closed down a while back (tugos amor) which I used to like. Anyone been/know if it's the same people under a new name?
    Mon the Hibs.

Grain Store for lunch today. £14 two course. Food at its best. Great service. Can't wait to go back.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Grain Store for lunch today. £14 two course. Food at its best. Great service. Can't wait to go back.
    You've certainly been getting about eateries recently, new year resolution?

I would recommend Michael Neave just off the high street. 3 course lunch for just under a tenner but superb. Need to book well ahead though.

Did you have long to wait on Monday after I got my tickets online?

Lioness of leith last night. First time eating there since left disappointed when first opened. It was excellent. Had the beef shin pie which was a good size and absolutely rammed with meat. Will he going back asap to try a few of the other dishes.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Lioness of leith last night. First time eating there since left disappointed when first opened. It was excellent. Had the beef shin pie which was a good size and absolutely rammed with meat. Will he going back asap to try a few of the other dishes.
    The most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat on. A job lot from a church hall who were chucking them out due to their age?

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    The most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat on. A job lot from a church hall who were chucking them out due to their age?
    Had an alright seat last night, although a wee bit low for the table. Maybe got relatively lucky compared with yourself.

I would recommend Michael Neave just off the high street. 3 course lunch for just under a tenner but superb. Need to book well ahead though.

Just quiet work wise so managing to get out a lot. Into town today for beers but no restaurant planned. Didn't wait much longer on Monday. In total was just over 2 hours.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The Auld Hundred on Rose st, had their signature steak pie. Portion was plentiful and the steak pie was excellent. Will be back.

Angels Share, West End. Nice surroundings but not much bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Corstorphine. The new hotbed of undiscovered haute cuisine.

And when you live nearby you save yourself an additional £15 on a taxi fare home.
    It's a shame the pubs aren't a bit better.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Off to Monteiths in the Royal Mile in a few weeks. Seems to have had mixed reviews.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Off to Monteiths in the Royal Mile in a few weeks. Seems to have had mixed reviews.
    Never been but always been somewhere I intended to try - be good to hear your thoughts.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    It's decent without being brilliant. Owned by the same people that have Sygn, the West Room and the 2 Chop Houses. Not tried the Chop House on Market Street yet but the one on Constitution Street is excellent.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's decent without being brilliant. Owned by the same people that have Sygn, the West Room and the 2 Chop Houses. Not tried the Chop House on Market Street yet but the one on Constitution Street is excellent.
    We had our works xmas meal in Chop House Market St early Dec & it was spot on.

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar

Michael has another restaurant in Jeffrey Street, steak and seafood, great lunchtime deals too, food is excellent

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Review in the Sunday Herald yesterday

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...burgh/?ref=arc
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post

well I'll not be rushing to go there then!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post

Oooft she doesn't hold back.

Given the attitude of the manager there I can't help but be quite pleased the review is so awful.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years