hibs.net Messageboard

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I canít for the life of me think where they are, Iíve been in there loads and never noticed them.
    They definitely have TVs as we went there for for Scotland v England game at Wembley a year or so back, didnít put the sound on though so we left.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    They definitely have TVs as we went there for for Scotland v England game at Wembley a year or so back, didnít put the sound on though so we left.
    Iíll need to keep that in mind in future then!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Tried Miller and Carter tonight for the first time as had heard some good feedback from various people. Wished I hadnít bothered to honest, tough under seasoned steak, greasy onion loaf, crap chips and a lettuce wedge. The food certainly didnít live up to our expectations and the service was appalling, obviously caught out by the Wednesday night rush. At £97 for three of us I have had far better.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Tried Miller and Carter tonight for the first time as had heard some good feedback from various people. Wished I hadnít bothered to honest, tough under seasoned steak, greasy onion loaf, crap chips and a lettuce wedge. The food certainly didnít live up to our expectations and the service was appalling, obviously caught out by the Wednesday night rush. At £97 for three of us I have had far better.
    Iíve always thought Miller & Carter was surprisingly decent. Went to Hawksmoor the other day which was very good. Been before in London but the Edinburgh one was better.

Iíve always thought Miller & Carter was surprisingly decent. Went to Hawksmoor the other day which was very good. Been before in London but the Edinburgh one was better.
    I went to the Hawksmoor tonight and thought it was very disappointing. The food was fairly good, but nothing special and zero value for money. It's the first of these London chains in the area I've went to and will definitely be the last. The house lager was very good though, and the highlight of the visit.
    Last edited by adhibs; 30-08-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Couple of visits to Ďchainí restaurants.

Cafe Andaluz - one on George IV bridge, was superb excellent food and very cheap using the fixed price menu they have a chorizo and black pudding dish which is sublime.

CŰte Brasserie - Pretty good had a steak which was done a bit too rare for me,lovely desserts and excellent staff.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Couple of visits to Ďchainí restaurants.

Cafe Andaluz - one on George IV bridge, was superb excellent food and very cheap using the fixed price menu they have a chorizo and black pudding dish which is sublime.

CŰte Brasserie - Pretty good had a steak which was done a bit too rare for me,lovely desserts and excellent staff.
    Used to like Cafe Andaluz but the one on George Street has been murder the last two times Iíve been. Will maybe give the other one a go.

Used to like Cafe Andaluz but the one on George Street has been murder the last two times Iíve been. Will maybe give the other one a go.

Yeah it's much better I think.

Was at the Black pig and Oyster on Thursday night. £35 per couple for 8 tapas dishes and a bottle of wine, an absolute steal. The food is stunning.

Visited cafe dominicos a couple of weeks ago, had a great steak and the missus had a superb tuna steak.

Had a chilli dog at teuchters landing in Leith 3 weeks ago, which was very disappointing. Nice beer garden though.

Finally, was at the auld hundred last week and had their Rob Roy burger which was lovely

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    The Shore Restaurant at the Double Tree in North Queensferry is definitely worth a wee journey.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."