hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough
    Slightly overcast in Blackheath London but not as cold as the pub suggests 'zero degrees' 😀

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sitting in it or wearing it?
    Knowing Ronnie, sitting in it

First Team Breakthrough jamieross's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JamieMth
    Still dry in Berwick just now but will probably be raining at some point through the game. Think Berwick will have a few trialists in their team, seem to be giving a few locals the chance just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    Are you sitting in it or wearing it?
    Should of read resttraunt 😜

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Should of read resttraunt 😜
    Wanna run that past us again, Ronald? ;)
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post

Let him off, he lives in Paisley

Mobiles I give up

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Knowing Ronnie, sitting in it
    Just coz I sent you that link By the way the Seabass is delicious and well worth the restraint😜

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Just coz I sent you that link By the way the Seabass is delicious and well worth the restraint😜
    I'll pass thanks, don't like fish

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    26 over here in Turkey. :D
    26 only? cooled down here in Bahrain to a balmy 36 from 47 at mid day

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Well prepared for a gtf. Very positive for this season and very aware this is a pre season friendly.
    Just also aware this is the same team minus some players that couldn't get promotion.
    I know we have players injured which isn't great but we had Boyle last year as well. So that just leaves Carmichael, Keatings and Farid who have now not done pre season (nobodies fault). My hope is there are a few kids ready to make the step up like Martin and Crane.
    I love the positive outlook under Stubbs and am hugely optimistic for this season but I still think we need more reinforcements as this is a threadbare squad.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    Well prepared for a gtf. Very positive for this season and very aware this is a pre season friendly.
    Just also aware this is the same team minus some players that couldn't get promotion.
    I know we have players injured which isn't great but we had Boyle last year as well. So that just leaves Carmichael, Keatings and Farid who have now not done pre season (nobodies fault). My hope is there are a few kids ready to make the step up like Martin and Crane.
    I love the positive outlook under Stubbs and am hugely optimistic for this season but I still think we need more reinforcements as this is a threadbare squad.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    You are 100% correct

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

You should bear in mind that the team that finished the season was quite different to the one that started it, and it was largely the start that put us as far behind as we were.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    You should bear in mind that the team that finished the season was quite different to the one that started it, and it was largely the start that put us as far behind as we were.
    Very well said

Too many doom and gloomers seem to forget this

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Still doesn't make the poster you quoted wrong though.

I think even Stubbs would admit he'd have liked an extra couple in at this stage.

We were still losing ground on Hearts in the second half of the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We were still losing ground on Hearts in the second half of the season.
    Absolutely minimally. We lost 3 & drew 3, they lost 3 & drew 2. There's no doubt it was our early season form that cost us dearly last season.

Gamer IDs

The unofficial Match Day Thread For a Trivia Gossip , trialist Rumours Weat...

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I think even Stubbs would admit he'd have liked an extra couple in at this stage.
    Yeah, the start we had was brutal and that let us down but also our strength in depth let us down in parts.

The team that played this evening was weaker than the one that played against Rangers in the playoffs. We play them again in two weeks. We are worryingly short in midfield and our 'two' new signings aren't fit to play and missing vital pre season games.

I 100% back Stubbs and his team to have us ready to go this season but I worry that he 100% HAS to get it right this time around. We need at least two players in very quickly or it'll be a very similar start.

On a different note, it looks like they had played well this evening so credit where credit is due.

"Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I'm not disputing that, just putting some context around it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Yeah, the start we had was brutal and that let us down but also our strength in depth let us down in parts.

The team that played this evening was weaker than the one that played against Rangers in the playoffs. We play them again in two weeks. We are worryingly short in midfield and our 'two' new signings aren't fit to play and missing vital pre season games.

I 100% back Stubbs and his team to have us ready to go this season but I worry that he 100% HAS to get it right this time around. We need at least two players in very quickly or it'll be a very similar start.

On a different note, it looks like they had played well this evening so credit where credit is due.

I think at this stage the hun are far weaker than when they played us in the play-off too. We need another couple of bodies but they need a whole lot more.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think at this stage the hun are far weaker than when they played us in the play-off too. We need another couple of bodies but they need a whole lot more.
    Totally agree. They are particularly weak right now, it's just be great if we had our players in and fit to play.

I agree re the huns being weak just now, I'm pretty surprised this supposed war chest we heard about hasn't been used lol...we're in a stronger position to play them a week on Saturday than they are in to play us

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Very well said

Too many doom and gloomers seem to forget this
    Always the same ones. They must really hate going to the games when we win.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Always the same ones. They must really hate going to the games when we win.
    Nothing 'doom & gloom' about it. I'm very optimistic and happy about the club just now.

Just airing a few concerns.

Nothing 'doom & gloom' about it. I'm very optimistic and happy about the club just now.

Just airing a few concerns.

Tbf to you my comment was aimed more at those that jump on any of these comments to reiterate how the sky is falling in. And it's constant. Already we are apparently riddled with injuries and have a weaker team than last year! It's just boring.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Tbf to you my comment was aimed more at those that jump on any of these comments to reiterate how the sky is falling in. And it's constant. Already we are apparently riddled with injuries and have a weaker team than last year! It's just boring.
    I agree.

And if Keating's and Carmichael have injuries, then clearly playing them now is daft - let them heal and do their job in the season.

Handling might be only mildly injured. Who knows?

Allan might have felt some tightness and again, surely sensible to come off as we need him during the season.

To be honest, I couldn't give a toss who plays in the petrofac/texaco/whateveritis cup against sevco - I only care about winning the league.

That's a long slog, and newsflash folks - we are going to get some injuries, same as every team.

Just back home Enjoyed the game and even when we made wholesale subs we kept possession .you wouldn't of known we were playing with 10 men for last part of the game

Defence not really tested but we worked well as a unit.Lewis saw plenty of the ball and some good deliveries but also a lot that were blocked or didn't come to anything .Dom could of had a couple , Gray was immense and scored good goal from great through ball from S A ,who in flashes showed what an important player he is for us and scored great goal Fontaine started off where he left off ,on form and Fyfie revelled in responsibility of dictating play when S A went off and looks like he will be an asset .
    Good day out and for first pre season game good workout