hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the subject of the original post....the request by the OP for feedback, can I offer the following hopefully constructive comments.

You have an engaging manner which appears to put your subjects at ease when you question them, this is very difficult to achieve universally, but well done..they must obviously trust you/know you.

Be careful of what every interviewer can be guilty of......allowing ourselves to use repetitive terms when asking questions, and which really add nothing to the question...a few 'obviouslies, and .'I means' creeping in..and if someone doesn't mention it, it will grow.

It did with me until it was pointed out to me.

Other than that, you can gauge from the number of responses, that your subject matter and interview is of interest, and I know I really look forward to your interviews.

Best of luck
    Thanks so much man. Obviously, I mean, that's really great to hear 😉😉. I'm going to try to cut out some of those little nervous things and I really appreciate the constructive criticism!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Exactly.

I don't think anyone thinks he genuinely did anything other than his best.

Just like a player like me would do their best for Hibs, but obviously be found wanting at this level, the argument and questions should surely be asked of the person who picked me in the first place.

No?
    Exactly, Fenlon did hi best but it was not good enough. Petrie should have sacked him after the Malmo fiasco, Fenlon then walked of his on accord, yet Petrie still remains.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Exactly, Fenlon did hi best but it was not good enough. Petrie should have sacked him after the Malmo fiasco, Fenlon then walked of his on accord, yet Petrie still remains.

Petrie should have sacked him after that cup final.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We may have still lost that final, but that prick Thompson made the result as bad as it was. 2-1 or 3-1 and we'd still be gutted but when looking at the players we had, it could have been predicted.

Fenlon should have been punted, the only argument is when.

Petrie should be nowhere near the club after his many many gaffs.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    He should have never been manager in the first place, that wasn't the man the other 2 had been tasked to pick to be the Hibs manager.

But yes, he should have been sacked after that final and the things that went on in the lead up to the final.

This

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    No chance, it was a terrible day but getting that shambles of a squad which had been patched up with loanees to the cup final was an achievement in itself.

I often think Pat would have fared better at Eater Road had he just got gubbed in the semi from Aberdeen as he wouldn't have had the monkey on his back for the entirety of his time at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    No chance, it was a terrible day but getting that shambles of a squad which had been patched up with loanees to the cup final was an achievement in itself.

I often think Pat would have fared better at Eater Road had he just got gubbed in the semi from Aberdeen as he wouldn't have had the monkey on his back for the entirety of his time at ER.
    I'd tend to agree that I wouldn't have sacked him after the final.

The monkey on the back was nowt to do with why I wanted him sacked though. Performances were poor, result often likewise, the football was dull, the squad was a mess, there were certainly issues with professionalism and it wasn't getting any better.

The fact the guy who came in after was a total disaster shouldn't excuse Fenlon who was a poor manager for us. For a guy who was so negative in his approach we took a few hefty beatings under him. His SC record papered over a few gaping holes as opposed to the proverbial cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The monkey on the back was nowt to do with why I wanted him sacked though. Performances were poor, result often likewise, the football was dull, the squad was a mess, there were certainly issues with professionalism and it wasn't getting any better.

The fact the guy who came in after was a total disaster shouldn't excuse Fenlon who was a poor manager for us. For a guy who was so negative in his approach we took a few hefty beatings under him. His SC record papered over a few gaping holes as opposed to the proverbial cracks.
    Whilst the bit in bold is undeniably true, it was unfortunately still an improvement on what we had under Calderwood.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar

I liked him, I don't disagree it was his time to go when he did though.

He did his job in the sense of steadying the ship after Calderwood but he could never be a long term answer as sections of the support would never accept him after that final unless he produced something wonderful. A victory against Celtic the following year would have done ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Whilst the bit in bold is undeniably true, it was unfortunately still an improvement on what we had under Calderwood.
    I doubt many would disagree with that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I doubt many would disagree with that.
    Which is why I wish folk would cut him a bit of slack.

He inherited an utter shambles, he did his best, he's never bad-mouthed us since he left and his chairman was at utter welt who had no idea how to back a manager properly or run a football club in a professional manner.

And the fans were hardly at their supportive best throughout his tenure either.

I'll tell you what, just thinking about makes me shudder and feel more than a little bit grateful that we have who have in charge of football matters now, even if we are still in the First Division with a moustachioed clown still smirking somewhere inside Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Which is why I wish folk would cut him a bit of slack.

He inherited an utter shambles, he did his best, he's never bad-mouthed us since he left and his chairman was at utter welt who had no idea how to back a manager properly or run a football club in a professional manner.

And the fans were hardly at their supportive best throughout his tenure either.

I'll tell you what, just thinking about makes me shudder and feel more than a little bit grateful that we have who have in charge of football matters now, even if we are still in the First Division with a moustachioed clown still smirking somewhere inside Easter Road.
    The issue I have is he had half a season to assess what was needed, allowing for the fact he could do very little with what he inherited and done a decent job to keep us up. He then had a full pre season to build a side and we started the following season not too badly. Sadly we ran out of steam when it mattered and missed out on the top 6. A decent finish against the other bottom 6 teams counts for nothing with me and let's be honest the SC final performance was piss poor it was just glossed over because it wasn't downright embarrassing as it had been the year before.

What followed was bizarre. We signed James Collins, a forward who clearly needed balls into the box to attack, yet absolutely no effort was made to bring in players capable of doing that. We had full backs who looked terrified to cross the half way line and regularly played with 2 or 3 defensive midfielders yet never looked decent defensively. We used Collins as a target man when he never was, something Bobby Williamson was almost crucified for with Garry O'Connor.

I'm sure there are plenty mitigating circumstances for Fenlons many failings but a fair few of them were of his problems were of his own making.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Any manager of Hibs that loses 1-5 to Hearts in a cup final deserves to be sacked: it really is that simple ...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Any manager of Hibs that loses 1-5 to Hearts in a cup final deserves to be sacked: it really is that simple ...
    It's not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It's not really.
    Yeah, well - nice to see he won his game in Europe and I think the guy who does the video interviews is doing a decent job ...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It's not really.
    Sadly I think it does! Not just to score line but the manner in which the players prepared for the game! even the in house arguing the night before the game between some. Fenlon should have had his players 100% focussed and sadly they just didn't turn up. Granted the ref played a part in this but Hibs for me were second best from the start.

To not do anything about Hearts having two men running down onto Kujabi was criminal. Anyway that's all history now and thankfully we seem to have a better manager who has brought fresh ideas to training proper back room staff and is very well respected in the game which will be a bonus when signing players.