hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sponsorship

Sponsorship

Looking for a bit of advice on sponsorship for an Under 17s team that I coach.

We are looking for a sponsorship and had one note of interest from a new company looking to sponsor our home and away strips.

What do you reckon would be a fair amount to ask for?
    I don't want to scare of any potential sponsors by asking for a ridiculous amount but we are looking at getting tracksuits which are not cheap. Or if anyone on here would be interested in sponsoring the team? (Worth an ask)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking for a bit of advice on sponsorship for an Under 17s team that I coach.

We are looking for a sponsorship and had one note of interest from a new company looking to sponsor our home and away strips.

What do you reckon would be a fair amount to ask for?
    I don't want to scare of any potential sponsors by asking for a ridiculous amount but we are looking at getting tracksuits which are not cheap. Or if anyone on here would be interested in sponsoring the team? (Worth an ask)
    It very much depends on your circumstances, what's realistic and what you're seeking to achieve.

As a general rule for sports clubs, if a sponsor pays the cost of purchasing the kits then they get their name on the front. If they want their company name on the home strip, away strip and tracksuits, they need to foot the bill for all of those items. You need to decide whether there are likely to be a few companies interested and, if so, whether it would be worth having different sponsors for different items.

If, however, you are also looking to buy additional kit (balls, bags, cones, bibs etc.) you might want to ask for a bit extra. The difficulty with this of course is that the sponsorship isn't as overt on those types of items as it is on kits and tracksuits.

My advice would simply to be 100% honest and up front with any potential sponsor with regard to how much you'd potentially be looking for and what you would be using it for. You'll find that most companies that sponsor an U17 side aren't expecting to drive a hard bargain or have it as part of a grand marketing scheme and, as such, they'll be pretty accommodating where possible. This is particularly true where the sponsor is part of the community or even involved in some way with the team, as they know their contribution will be recognised by word of mouth.

Thanks for the advice mate.

Think I will need to be honest with them and say what we are looking for and see what they could do.

Thanks again