hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Most kidswill have their ticket paid for by their parents and really won't give a monkey's hire much it costs. Ialso don't think that the price now will influence their decision on an ST in later life.Not denying that a tenner does seem a bit highas does 28 quidfir a cat A gamehowever if we peg the prices lower we will only be able to afford lesser players.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not but we do have to try and encourage more kids to be regular attendees. So they become ST holders as adults and don't just choose to do other things with their money.

Not sure id be a ST holder now if it had been so expensive during my younger years.
    Hibs have excellent season ticket deals for kids and one of the best kids supporters schemes in the country in Hibs Kids which I think gives them four games throughout the season for a tenner as well as other benefits. There seems to be some sort of assumption that they do nothing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Hibs have excellent season ticket deals for kids and one of the best kids supporters schemes in the country in Hibs Kids which I think gives them four games throughout the season for a tenner as well as other benefits. There seems to be some sort of assumption that they do nothing.
    Think you're missing the point. Kids kids for the Petrofac cup are 2/3 of the price of an adult ticket. Do you think that this is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think you're missing the point. Kids kids for the Petrofac cup are 2/3 of the price of an adult ticket. Do you think that this is right?
    I think the adults price for a competitive game against Sevco is more than reasonable and the kids price is decent too. Would it help you if they raised the adult price so that the kids price was a smaller percentage of that?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

All kids games on a ST, including cup.

Adults still pay.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i wonder what percentage of the serial moaners that moan at the other moaners moaning about the prices actually have kids themselves, thank gawd mine is all grown up, i really do feel sorry nowadays for those that have 2 or 3 kids that want to go to the games as well

but anyway....first game of the season and another stupid o'clock KO...just ****** brilliant

:)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    We are just over 2 weeks from our first competitive match and we haven't sold 7000 ST yet that's disappointing IMO

Maybe I do moan a bit too much about it but I just want what's best for hibs and I think if the fans really backed Stubbs and the team we could easily get out of the situation we are in . I'm find it frustrating that in the lead up to our first game of the season (which should be a positive thing) is already being kicked in the side about the usual moans about ticket pricing etc
    Do you have any ideas just why thats the case, i certainly do? We are at 7k because of how we've been run in the past, and many folk have stopped buying season tickets and going to games.

Folk can moan all they like about fans who dont go anymore, do you think they are worried because someone is moaning about them on a fans message board?

Its not something thats just suddenly happened, its taken a while to get to this. And remember where we are playing our football AGAIN this season, it does not wet the appetite much for me.

And as many folk have said before, this cup is the least important of all the trophies we are in this coming season, and people only have a limited amount of cash, games like this might be way down in some folks list of priorities.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i wonder what percentage of the serial moaners that moan at the other moaners moaning about the prices actually have kids themselves, thank gawd mine is all grown up, i really do feel sorry nowadays for those that have 2 or 3 kids that want to go to the games as well

but anyway....first game of the season and another stupid o'clock KO...just ****** brilliant

:)
    Dintknow how old your kids are mate but at 32 and 29mine still expect Daddy to pay. 😭

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Do you have any ideas just why thats the case, i certainly do? We are at 7k because of how we've been run in the past, and many folk have stopped buying season tickets and going to games.

Folk can moan all they like about fans who dont go anymore, do you think they are worried because someone is moaning about them on a fans message board?

Its not something thats just suddenly happened, its taken a while to get to this. And remember where we are playing our football AGAIN this season, it does not wet the appetite much for me.

And as many folk have said before, this cup is the least important of all the trophies we are in this coming season, and people only have a limited amount of cash, games like this might be way down in some folks list of priorities.
    of corse there are many reasons people choose whether to buy a ST or not and I respect those reasons but I can also moan all I like as long it's within the forum rules and whether folk listen to me or not is their choice but I feel better for saying what I said. At some point the dwindling numbers have to turn around or we'll end up with a really low budget and be in terms with Raith or Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    of corse there are many reasons people choose whether to buy a ST or not and I respect those reasons but I can also moan all I like as long it's within the forum rules and whether folk listen to me or not is their choice but I feel better for saying what I said. At some point the dwindling numbers have to turn around or we'll end up with a really low budget and be in terms with Raith or Falkirk.

I think it will take a team that's back in the top division challenging at the right end, that plays decent football and entertains people again to do that.

Folk have just had enough.

Glad you enjoyed your moan.

Personally think the prices are reasonable, but wonder if concessions should be kids and over 65s, why not £5 for kids £10 for over 65s?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

The only thing I would add here is that I think if Hibs are winning regularly this coming season (and by regularly I mean just about every week and not throwing some games away like last season) then attendances will increase from increased numbers of walk-ups, not from season ticket sales.

If Hibs gain the all important promotion, then I would expect sales of season tickets to increase well beyond 7,000 the following season. By how many, who knows?

That big word if again.

First game of the season and the usual complaints already, just goes to show the club can never win no matter what they do.

I appreciate that the cost of attending games with the family is expensive especially in these times but i think the club has went to the trouble of getting these cup prices down as far as they can in agreement with the opposing teams.

The cup top up early bird price was £50 taken over the monthly payment scheme it added around £5 to the cost of the monthly direct debit. We have 2 cup games at home next month meaning if we had to pay the league prices of £28 we would have seen the top up paying for itself already. Buying it now at £70 only needs another home game in the cup and it again pays for itself.

As far as i can remember the cup games entry money is split between both sides and the club has shown it has negotiated a reduction in cost with both Rangers and Montrose by reducing the cost of entry to both games.

Whilst sympathising with family costs its the begining of a new season and its great that Hibs have been drawn at home in both cups giving us home advantage to get into the next rounds, If we had been drawn away in each cup there would have been a complaint on here about the costs of travelling to attend those games too.
    either way its going to cost us money to support our team home or away!

Im not sure what the prices are for kids attending the cinema or swimming pools during the summer but im sure its not much more for the pleasure of sitting in the sun watching a game of football being played by HIBS?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Can I (as an ST holder) buy a ticket for someone and register them for the database at the same time?
    Anyone?