hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First game of the season and the usual complaints already, just goes to show the club can never win no matter what they do.
    I'm complaining about the league games against them. Think the prices for this game are quite good.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Look on the brightside, I have just found out I am at a wedding that day in a field. No internet access either so can't watch online

AWFUL.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    15 and 10, for category A game is fine. Unless I've missed it Montrose prices haven't been announced. Remember in cup ties both teams have to agree on admission fee.

Some want us to sign more players, but moan about pricing?
    Fair point Brockie but how many kids do you take to games? For me or anyone else to take 2 kids to Sevco and Montrose at home and Dumbarton and Morton away will cost well over £200 before I have a pint. Add that to the £600+ Ive spent on season tickets and its just not sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Sounds like people wouldn't be happy if we charged a quid to get in. And O bet the moaners still wouldn't bother to show up.
    Haha so if people don't agree with the prices, means they don't go anyway. Good one 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Fair point Brockie but how many kids do you take to games? For me or anyone else to take 2 kids to Sevco and Montrose at home and Dumbarton and Morton away will cost well over £200 before I have a pint. Add that to the £600+ Ive spent on season tickets and its just not sustainable.
    I've no kids so apologise if this is unreasonable but having had two home draws already would the cup top-ups have worked out cheaper? I can't remember how much mine cost in all honesty and I know it's a chance to take but I use the payment plan so don't really miss the extra couple of quid or whatever it is a month. Although that could be because I don't have a family etc.

Basically what I am trying to say is Hibs are trying over and above to reward their most loyal fans by giving us what we want and stopping short of free entry I don't see what else they can do.

Season Tickets
    Cup Top-Up
    Discounted entry - These discounts have to be married in to relation with previous plans (i.e. cup top ups) so that they have the best value for all concerned.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Sounds like people wouldn't be happy if we charged a quid to get in. And O bet the moaners still wouldn't bother to show up.
    Ross, I go to every game, so hardly a regular moaner. Happy with the adult price, just think that kids should have been max £5. Maybe the difference in some families where they only take one kid instead of two, and we need to encourage every supporter we can, to get along. I know this wasn't only Hibs decision, but surely both sides should have taken a sensible decision of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Ross, I go to every game, so hardly a regular moaner. Happy with the adult price, just think that kids should have been max £5. Maybe the difference in some families where they only take one kid instead of two, and we need to encourage every supporter we can, to get along. I know this wasn't only Hibs decision, but surely both sides should have taken a sensible decision of this.
    I agree Billy and thats not including the 20s games you go to. In fact you go more than the folk who are having a go at you. All we are asking is for a better deal for families. How much does a kid pay for a league game incidentally?

I decided against the cup top up this year as my son has left school and at the time of renewing didn't know if he would be getting into college so there was a chance I'd have to upgrade his ticket from a student to a full adult.

Thankfully he got into college but now I'm wishing I'd got the cup top up

Dont get me wrong Im happy with the £15 for adults but £10 for kids is too expensive at a time when we could have 8 games in the first month or so. They should be encouraging families and kids....they are doing the opposite on my opinion.

Fair enough.

I agree Billy and thats not including the 20s games you go to. In fact you go more than the folk who are having a go at you. All we are asking is for a better deal for families. How much does a kid pay for a league game incidentally?
    £12 is the walk up price for a kid in the East where I sit, think it was around £80 for a season ticket, which I think is good value at around £4 a game, even cheaper if you sit in the F5

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    There's no point turning down income when our own fans aren't giving the club the backing it needs.
    Thought ST were going well according to the club, and you have HSL money, and .net donating money for video equipment and other fans doing things for the club, I think the fans are are giving the club plenty backing, once again the Hibs fans are digging deep to help the club.

But you keep on slating the support.

To be honest i would be delighted if they reduced it to a £1.

Spot on.
    No he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    £12 is the walk up price for a kid in the East where I sit, think it was around £80 for a season ticket, which I think is good value at around £4 a game, even cheaper if you sit in the F5
    Not much of a discount for walk up kids for the challenge cup then. Kids walk up prices need to be looked at. They will soon find something else to do with £12 rather than watch Alloa or Dumbarton. I got my boys in to a Newcastle home game for a fiver each last season on the same weekend it was about £13 for them to get into Alloa or somewhere similar. Its bonkers.

Not much of a discount for walk up kids for the challenge cup then. Kids walk up prices need to be looked at. They will soon find something else to do with £12 rather than watch Alloa or Dumbarton. I got my boys in to a Newcastle home game for a fiver each last season on the same weekend it was about £13 for them to get into Alloa or somewhere similar. Its bonkers.

Actually Brooster I think it's £17 for a Cat A Kids Ticket, which is what they charge for The Rangers.

I think that actually supports your point, though, rather than detracts from it as it's crazy money for a First Division game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Thought ST were going well according to the club, and you have HSL money, and .net donating money for video equipment and other fans doing things for the club, I think the fans are are giving the club plenty backing, once again the Hibs fans are digging deep to help the club.

We are just over 2 weeks from our first competitive match and we haven't sold 7000 ST yet that's disappointing IMO

Maybe I do moan a bit too much about it but I just want what's best for hibs and I think if the fans really backed Stubbs and the team we could easily get out of the situation we are in . I'm find it frustrating that in the lead up to our first game of the season (which should be a positive thing) is already being kicked in the side about the usual moans about ticket pricing etc
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 08-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.

i take my two kids so would have preferred a cheaper concession for them.....those saying we want to sign players, surely the attendance of 1000 kids at a fiver is better than 500 at £10....until ER is full every week they should be doing utmnost to encourage people to take their kids along

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhead69 View Post
    i take my two kids so would have preferred a cheaper concession for them.....those saying we want to sign players, surely the attendance of 1000 kids at a fiver is better than 500 at £10....until ER is full every week they should be doing utmnost to encourage people to take their kids along
    I see this argument on here and other sites regularly, but I've yet to see any evidence that halving ticket prices doubles attendances. In fact, previous offers where ST holders were able to bring a friend for FREE didn't see the attendance increase by more than a couple of thousand. If the club get back to winning ways in the top division, attendances will increase.

As an aside, I do agree that for early round league cup and challenge cup games, especially in July, £5 would be a much more sensible price for concessions.

Don't have any kids my choice. The CTU was an option for all, yet those who didn't take it are now not happy. Not sure how much more Hibs can do, they seem to get stick from various quarters
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I see this argument on here and other sites regularly, but I've yet to see any evidence that halving ticket prices doubles attendances. In fact, previous offers where ST holders were able to bring a friend for FREE didn't see the attendance increase by more than a couple of thousand. If the club get back to winning ways in the top division, attendances will increase.

As an aside, I do agree that for early round league cup and challenge cup games, especially in July, £5 would be a much more sensible price for concessions.
    They should be looking to bring in an U16 ticket price. Charging a 5 year old the same as a 17 year old, student, or OAP who could all be working or earning in other ways is a bit steep.

U16 - £5
    16-18 year olds, students & OAPs - £10
    Adults - £15

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Can I (as an ST holder) buy a ticket for someone and register them for the database at the same time?

Don't have any kids my choice. The CTU was an option for all, yet those who didn't take it are now not happy. Not sure how much more Hibs can do, they seem to get stick from various quarters
    and had i bought 3 CTU and never got a home game!!?? chances and choices eh but thats not whats its about really, im talking about getting more bums on seats , mine are already there, but i think that someone is more likely to take their kid if its a fiver than a tenner no?

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    They should be looking to bring in an U16 ticket price. Charging a 5 year old the same as a 17 year old, student, or OAP who could all be working or earning in other ways is a bit steep.

U16 - £5
    16-18 year olds, students & OAPs - £10
    Adults - £15
    This is the most sensible thing that anyone has ever said on hibs.net since the season finished.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Silver, was in at the ticket office yesterday getting my s/t and assistant said there were around 7000 s/t's sold so far. Didn't get the cup top up, but, with this game being included along with the Montrose tie, thinking of giving them a call to upgrade and include cup top up.
    On a side note does anyone know if the "pods" will be open to purchase tickets on the day ? [Have relations coming for a visit from abroad and may want to go to the game].

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Haha so if people don't agree with the prices, means they don't go anyway. Good one 👍🏻
    For a lot of people, there will always be an excuse.

Its way too expensive for walk up kids to watch Hibs. We have a problem when I can get my kids into the EPL cheaper than the Scottish Championship. Hibs need to look at this because youngsters are choosing not to follow Hibs these days and the ticket pricing is a major factor.
    Last edited by Brooster; 08-07-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead69 View Post
    There is no way on earth that halving prices would double attendance. None. If the club drop the prices for kids to the levels some want here then they would have to increase the price for adults.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Its way too expensive for walk up kids to watch Hibs. We have a problem when I can get my kids into the EPL cheaper than the Scottish Championship. Hibs need to look at this because youngsters are choosing not to gollow Hibs these days and the ticket pricing is a major factor.
    If we got the same TV/Sponsorship money as the EPL we could reduce ticket prices as well. Unfortunately OUR club depends on ticket money much more than clubs down south.
    Pricing is not the major factor when it comes to attendance, it's the performance on the park. That will always be the case. It we are getting results price drops way down the list when people are deciding whether to go to a match or not.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There is no way on earth that halving prices would double attendance. None. If the club drop the prices for kids to the levels some want here then they would have to increase the price for adults.
    Maybe not but we do have to try and encourage more kids to be regular attendees. So they become ST holders as adults and don't just choose to do other things with their money.

Not sure id be a ST holder now if it had been so expensive during my younger years.

Its way too expensive for walk up kids to watch Hibs. We have a problem when I can get my kids into the EPL cheaper than the Scottish Championship. Hibs need to look at this because youngsters are choosing not to follow Hibs these days and the ticket pricing is a major factor.
    Pathead and Hibs have done a lot of great work in getting schools/kids along on free tickets. Wonder what the next stage is on this. We have a stadium that is half empty on match days