hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Pretty sad our head coach had had to make a statement like this, defending his actions in training the team for the new season. Its maybe the clubs continued attempts at good communication with the fans, but they should remember the MBs aren't the be all and end all of fans opinions. I would question AS if he was employing a Wiccan to cleanse the players souls for the coming season, but a week away at one of the best training complexes in Europe really shouldn't be questioned. IMO of course 😉

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sad our head coach had had to make a statement like this, defending his actions in training the team for the new season. Its maybe the clubs continued attempts at good communication with the fans, but they should remember the MBs aren't the be all and end all of fans opinions. I would question AS if he was employing a Wiccan to cleanse the players souls for the coming season, but a week away at one of the best training complexes in Europe really shouldn't be questioned. IMO of course 

Strangely enough, I predicted this very situation in the other La Manga thread.

One guy gets a Bee in his Bonnet about it and it's suddenly 'Open revolt on Hibs Message Boards'.

No, Mr Hardie, it was only one guy. It might, in fact, have even been Mr Hardie himself, trying to drum up a 'Story'.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Strangely enough, I predicted this very situation in the other La Manga thread.

One guy gets a Bee in his Bonnet about it and it's suddenly 'Open revolt on Hibs Message Boards'.

No, Mr Hardie, it was only one guy. It might, in fact, have even been Mr Hardie himself, trying to drum up a 'Story'.
    It wasn't one person, a few agreed with that person as well, that may have been on the PM board.

Fwiw I questioned it as they were across there not long ago and we're not a club with unlimited resources, when such a big deal is being made about the need for season tickets and shares to be bought I was surprised we could justify this outlay that won't be cheap.

All that said I think Stubbs explanation makes sense so it's no big deal, hopefully it's as worthwhile as Stubbs hopes it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

I also noticed to glaring grammatical errors in that story, from a so called experienced journo as well.

Personally I think it fits perfectly into George Craig stated philosophy of recognising our budget is not the highest and so going the extra mile to make sure we get maximum benefit from every player we bring in.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    typical EEN guff

First Team Breakthrough
    Article by 'David Hardie IN La Manga'

I'm sure a phone or online interview could have been arranged...

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 88 View Post
    Article by 'David Hardie IN La Manga'

I'm sure a phone or online interview could have been arranged...
    For somebody who gave Brian Hamilton the plonk virtually every week for MOM for years, this guy has done REMARKABLY well out of this gig for loads of years, for imo not a very good job. Mind you, could be worse, we could've landed up wi a green version of banderson! Scary thought!