hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: La Manga

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The crux of the matter is the money spent on La Manga should also be spent on the player budget.
    Do you not get that "the player budget" is exactly that for spending on players not just buying them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Obviously the management saw the benefits of it or they wouldn't waste money on returning.
    Must be like the Emperors New Clothes

Left by mutual consent!
    The "Press" are there. Or at least the Evening News is. David Hardie travelled for the duration of the trip. Queen of South at La Manga this week too. Wouldn't surprise me if Hibs fit in a bounce game against them in addition to the already scheduled game against Wigan Athletic on Saturday evening.

Do you not get that "the player budget" is exactly that for spending on players not just buying them.
    I'm perfectly aware what the "players budget" is, I just think a trip to La Manga is money that would be better spent elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I'm perfectly aware what the "players budget" is, I just think a trip to La Manga is money that would be better spent elsewhere.
    Where?

How much is it anyway?!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Where?
    We could bring back malpass

@hibs.net private member
    I doubt the cost of going to La Manga would be more than a trip away to England or Ireland for a pre season friendly. Stubbs obviously feels the money is better spent going to Spain than playing friendlies in UK especially as we are seemingly playing a friendly against Wigan whilst we are away.

Would anyone be complaining if we were away to the North West of England/Ireland/Highlands for a few days?

Wonder if QoS supporters are moaning about the cost

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

On what? Catering, Ticket Office, Security, Video, Contracts, Printing, Hospitality, Waste collection, Stewarding, Behind the goals. At some point all the money can't simply go into the squad and then depend on volunteers and amateurs running the actual business. Potentially the trip might be costing us one players salary of around £300ppw. That's before signing on/development or transfer fees and no inclusion of bonus or appearance.
    Alternatively we could increase one player's salary - seems fair until that player gets injured or turns out to be a wage thief. Hang on we've re-signed everyone that we thought was worth signing......

Can we just let the professionals get on with running the club? There's another thread moaning about 8 signings by the start of July not being good enough when the last 4 or 5 seasons have had us bringing in players on the last day of the window,

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    So, missing out on twenty grand by refusing The Rangers more tickets for the play-offs to keep the fans happy is fine, spending a similar amount on the recommendation of Stubbs for the benefit of the team is bad?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

There is absolutely no chance the board would allocate funding to a trip that would be of no benefit to the team, nor would the staff spend money on such a thing if it meant losing out on a player/depleating squad resources. There isn't even a hint of logic in negating this - if we couldn't afford it, we wouldn't do it.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    This thread is symptomatic of the internet....moaning over absolutely nothing. Wow. Just, wow.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Usually we go away and play some friendlies, no one cares about that, now we go away for a week to train and have friendlies at home. Don't see what the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This thread is symptomatic of the internet....moaning over absolutely nothing. Wow. Just, wow.
    Indeed. And none of them even know if it's the club who are actually paying for this trip. Crazy stuff.

They thought it was the right thing to do prior to the play offs and we know how that turned out.
    If we hadn't gone we might have lost the tie by more than 1 goal.

I think I'm quite entitled to ask why we are spending money on this trip. The board have had the begging bowl out trying to encourage fans to buy season tickets and invest in HSL yet spend thousands of pound on two trips abroad.
    Yes you are , but why ask on here? Would it not be better if you phoned or emailed LD

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    On what? Catering, Ticket Office, Security, Video, Contracts, Printing, Hospitality, Waste collection, Stewarding, Behind the goals. At some point all the money can't simply go into the squad and then depend on volunteers and amateurs running the actual business. Potentially the trip might be costing us one players salary of around £300ppw. That's before signing on/development or transfer fees and no inclusion of bonus or appearance.
    Alternatively we could increase one player's salary - seems fair until that player gets injured or turns out to be a wage thief. Hang on we've re-signed everyone that we thought was worth signing......

Can we just let the professionals get on with running the club? There's another thread moaning about 8 signings by the start of July not being good enough when the last 4 or 5 seasons have had us bringing in players on the last day of the window,
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    So, missing out on twenty grand by refusing The Rangers more tickets for the play-offs to keep the fans happy is fine, spending a similar amount on the recommendation of Stubbs for the benefit of the team is bad?

Course if Petrie and Farmer hadn't pocketed the car park money, our pre-season would be Bayern Munich. Real Madrid c.1960, the New York Yankees and then The Marvel Avengers, all at home and we would be sitting in hollow glass thrones filled with unicorn tears, sipping exquisite champagne.

Just saying, like
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Of all the things we could complain about at ER we chose this is the best we could do?

I trust Alan Stubbs, a guy with nearly 500 league games and 7 years coaching experience to make the right decision.

I also trust his the input of his coaching staff

Andy Holden - 19 years coaching at Everton
    John Doolan - 7 years at Everton

and both our sports scientist and fitness coaches Craig Flanagan and Paul Green. Do you guys seriously think you know better than these people?
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 06-07-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I may be wrong, but I would suggest the fact we are returning to the exact same place within such a short space of time means it really isn't that expensive for us to go. We won't be spending what we can't afford.

whats the difference between going to train abroad and (from what I've been told) a few competitive matches than say going to Gibralter a few seasons back for a pre season tour? Is it because that fans haven't been invited?

Doesn't bother me what they do mind, I remember Stubbs said the last time he was able to keep an eye on what they were all eating so if we have that early in the season rather than before our biggest game, surely that's a good thing?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    the boredom must be strong this summer.

Bogof ;-)
    Space to let

Could not agree more

Bloody drama Queens moaning about a five day trip to La Manga

Mind boggling

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I doubt the cost of going to La Manga would be more than a trip away to England or Ireland for a pre season friendly. Stubbs obviously feels the money is better spent going to Spain than playing friendlies in UK especially as we are seemingly playing a friendly against Wigan whilst we are away.

Would anyone be complaining if we were away to the North West of England/Ireland/Highlands for a few days?

Wonder if QoS supporters are moaning about the cost

I wouldnt have thought so, especially if Hibs are picking up that tab too?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I heard the players chipped in for it as long as they could go out on the lash every night after training

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    My point is that all monies should be invested in the team and not spent taking them to Spain.
    The trip is an investment in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Indeed. Why do multi national companies spend thousands on bonding trips for their staff when they could do something that's maybe similar (to the untrained eye) in their own office?

I trust Stubbs and this is a bit picky. Will people next be questioning the club for hiring a coach for away games when they could go by megabus?
    Message No 30 and a reasonably objective/ sensible post at last !!!!

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I would question the assumption the a get-together would be cheaper in Scotland than Spain - unless they were taken youth hostelling maybe.

Oh dear some touchy wee souls on here. I merely posed the question that as we have a state of the art training centre is there any benefit in spending money going abroad to another training camp. It not a moan or a dig at Stubbsy, just an observation.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Oh dear some touchy wee souls on here. I merely posed the question that as we have a state of the art training centre is there any benefit in spending money going abroad to another training camp. It not a moan or a dig at Stubbsy, just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    Stubbs knows best
    Does he ?
    That's a dig