hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    There used to be a branch of the association from Glasgow who used to travel to a lot of the games home and away.

Im sure if you check the Hibs club facebook page there is a page of branches and contact numbers on that that may assist you.

Im sure there is also information on supporters groups on the main Hibs site too.

I hope you find this helpful.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Moving to Mt Florida in a months time, would be interested in any goings on surrounding this. Have mate in Partick area who would no doubt get involved too.

Mikey

@hibs.net private member
    Can remember meeting up with several members of the Glasgow branch at home and away games in the mid to late 60's. Among their number was Jim Hossack who at the time was a cameraman with STV (IIRC). Good bunch of guys they were.
    Some time after that there was also the 'Hibees Glasgow Gossip' fanzine which was a pretty good read back in the day.

There's a few of us around that arrange meeting up pre-match etc on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/313055762076/?fref=ts Be good to getsome more stuff on the go, seems like some folk are keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Partick Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a few of us around that arrange meeting up pre-match etc on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/313055762076/?fref=ts Be good to getsome more stuff on the go, seems like some folk are keen.
    Sent a wee join request to the fb group, thanks for the link!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Coults1875 View Post
    I'm from Hamilton rarely see any fellow hibees around my way! Good to know there's others near by!
    I'm moving to bothwell in a couple months time not too far from hamilton so the numbers will swell to 2

i might be be interested in joining...never been involved in a supporters branch what does it include?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    Sent a wee join request to the fb group, thanks for the link!

Me too, thanks for the heads-up 🏻

At Easter Road we play...

Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    Would be good to organise a meet : original and interested newbies
    Last 2 cup finals I've tried to organise a meet. Last one I had between 20-30 guys confirm they were all gonna turn up. Everyone of them were given either my mobile number or another poster on here's mobile number. Despite all the effort I put in only 3 of us turned up and only one guy was good enough to text and say soz they couldn't make it. Was still a good night though.
    Now that I've got that out the way, I'd be up for it. Bit of a glory hunter now as work most saturdays and had to give up the season ticket. Only managed 7 games last season but went to all of them bar one on my own :(

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    There used to be a branch of the association from Glasgow who used to travel to a lot of the games home and away.

Im sure if you check the Hibs club facebook page there is a page of branches and contact numbers on that that may assist you.

Im sure there is also information on supporters groups on the main Hibs site too.

I hope you find this helpful.
    Thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I'm moving to bothwell in a couple months time not too far from hamilton so the numbers will swell to 2

i might be be interested in joining...never been involved in a supporters branch what does it include?
    Neither have I. So, not got a scooby. There seems to be a few of us out West including some who organised the SC. Looking good 👍

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Last 2 cup finals I've tried to organise a meet. Last one I had between 20-30 guys confirm they were all gonna turn up. Everyone of them were given either my mobile number or another poster on here's mobile number. Despite all the effort I put in only 3 of us turned up and only one guy was good enough to text and say soz they couldn't make it. Was still a good night though.
    Now that I've got that out the way, I'd be up for it. Bit of a glory hunter now as work most saturdays and had to give up the season ticket. Only managed 7 games last season but went to all of them bar one on my own :(
    Poor show.
    Fancy trying it again?

Me and my son travel from helensburgh. Not got Facebook though so will keep an eye out for any progress on here. Or if someone could pm me if anything gets organized that would be ideal

Don't forget me! I'm a rare breed, that is I'm indigenous to the west. Grew up in Ayr and now live in Renfrew (clue's in the name) Just a handful of miles from castle greyskull.
    Had a season ticket from my teens until quite recently but family life and work restrict me at the moment however I will try for 6 or 7 home games this coming season + away days at St.Mirren (in-laws team)

I'm in East Kilbride and would be interested. I've sent a request to the Facebook group 👍

If you start a new Club, I'd be interested in joining, as we're hoping to move back to Glasgow next year (Mount Florida, probably)

I'm in Clarkston in south Glasgow and would be interested too. I wouldn't do facebook though I'm afraid so hopefully some other options

Seems there are lots of us. Rather than start a new Branch it may be best to join the WoScotland and get the membership up.
    Wouldn't want to tread on toes either.
    Existing W of S Branchers .... any thoughts? Meetings planned etc/.... we can come along to ?

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Sent a request to FB page,be good to meet up in Glasgow and travel through to ER together GGTTH
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    Seems there are lots of us. Rather than start a new Branch it may be best to join the WoScotland and get the membership up.
    Wouldn't want to tread on toes either.
    Existing W of S Branchers .... any thoughts? Meetings planned etc/.... we can come along to ?

IIRC, the WoS Branch guys used to mostly use the Hibees Bounce web-site.

Have you posted on there?

Looks like we are up to over 20 already ,a few like me not on Facebook ,so if something being arranged could someone take responsibility for posting on here or pm everyone The proof of continued interest is always who turns up for meetings or when travelling to game and it takes a lot of time for one person to organise so messages on this thread to start with probably as good as anything for us non face book folk

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Don't forget me! I'm a rare breed, that is I'm indigenous to the west. Grew up in Ayr and now live in Renfrew (clue's in the name) Just a handful of miles from castle greyskull.
    Had a season ticket from my teens until quite recently but family life and work restrict me at the moment however I will try for 6 or 7 home games this coming season + away days at St.Mirren (in-laws team)
    You'll be handy for Morton away and Sevco away too, pretty decent location for Away Days

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    I used to live in Ayr, near Wellington square. Would say Ayr is the one of the classy parts in Ayrshire.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Can remember meeting up with several members of the Glasgow branch at home and away games in the mid to late 60's. Among their number was Jim Hossack who at the time was a cameraman with STV (IIRC). Good bunch of guys they were.
    Some time after that there was also the 'Hibees Glasgow Gossip' fanzine which was a pretty good read back in the day.
    You're spot on, in the 70's I always had a drink or 3 with the Glasgow boys after the game. I remember Ally was the organiser in chief & although Jim Hossack, best known for " The Team That Wouldn't Die " was with STV I think he was a producer & Jimmy Stewart IIRC was the cameraman. Looks like things may take off for you again & I wish you all well.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinAyr View Post
    I used to live in Ayr, near Wellington square. Would say Ayr is the one of the classy parts in Ayrshire.
    Don't know if you're taking the pee or not as there are loads of ****my parts in Ayr. Having said that there are loads of very well heeled areas too like Alloway where it's all millionaires.
    I grew up just down from Belmont Academy in the St.Leonards Road area. Quite middle class there (we weren't though!) so much so that Lord pishey breeks himself lived just round the corner when he was MP for Carrick & Cummnock and his wife Liz was Provist for South Ayrshire.

I'm glad I'm away though as overall Ayr is a pretty soulless and tired, drab place just like many UK seaside towns.

I feel pangs of awful guilt.

Never again will I hurl indiscriminate pelters at EVERY wedgie...for my past sins, I am sorry

I will now look out for the believers, scattered aroond the west (all youse) and except youse when I hurl pelters, now far more disriminately, at non-Hibbyish wedgie bassas.

And for your support to the cause, born here or not (which is even better) an even bigger salute to ye aw.

...just think, you could've been huns or tic fans...(shudders, as per Homer when Marge's sisters come roond).

GGTTH.

STAND FREE WHEREREVER YE MAY BE <<< thieved from the sheep, another reason for them to hate us, even more than normal.

ENDOF

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    I feel pangs of awful guilt.

Never again will I hurl indiscriminate pelters at EVERY wedgie...for my past sins, I am sorry

I will now look out for the believers, scattered aroond the west (all youse) and except youse when I hurl pelters, now far more disriminately, at non-Hibbyish wedgie bassas.

And for your support to the cause, born here or not (which is even better) an even bigger salute to ye aw.

...just think, you could've been huns or tic fans...(shudders, as per Homer when Marge's sisters come roond).

GGTTH.

STAND FREE WHEREREVER YE MAY BE <<< thieved from the sheep, another reason for them to hate us, even more than normal.

ENDOF

Don't know about the rest of the lads but I for one am not , never have been and never will be any form of a weedgie

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Don't know about the rest of the lads but I for one am not , never have been and never will be any form of a weedgie
    (in yer best Mrs Doyle accent from Father Ted) Ahhh ye weeeel, ye weeeeel, ye weeeel, ye weeeel, ye weeeel.

OK, fair dues, here is the disclaimer:

* If you are not a weedgie, but live in the weej and follow the Hibs, all the above respect applies.
    * If you are a a weedgie and live in the weej and follow the Hibs, all the above respect still applies.
    * In fact, not to give a **** where you live, if you follow the hibs, all the above respect still applies, with no geographic bias against anyone, anwyhere at any time (at least not on the grounds of where ye live )

In addition, I should add the obvious from Wikipedia, Magnacarta and Doomsday book:

* Everything west of Ingilston is "weedgie land"
    * Everyone north of the Forth are Fifers or Highlanders (lovingly known as sheep)
    * Everyone south of Edinburgh are English

I fear, I shant be giving any more compliments agian. It only leads to trouble.

Ya bunch of non-Edinburgh, weedgie/sheep/english *******s

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    I'm in Clarkston in south Glasgow and would be interested too. I wouldn't do facebook though I'm afraid so hopefully some other options
    Small world! Grew up in Clarkston

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Looks like we are up to over 20 already ,a few like me not on Facebook ,so if something being arranged could someone take responsibility for posting on here or pm everyone The proof of continued interest is always who turns up for meetings or when travelling to game and it takes a lot of time for one person to organise so messages on this thread to start with probably as good as anything for us non face book folk
    I agree. I'll do it ! 👍 #GGTTH

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Not on facebook like a few folk here but i am on twitter, found a glasgow hibs page on that, does anyone know if it gets updated as much as the facebook page?