hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Reilly

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or maybe they want to state their opinion without wanting to fight?
    Suppose the opposite of a keyboard hardman is a keyboard fawner who is diametrically positive about the things that the "hardmen" get negative about - negative opinions are worth the same as positive. Always wary about anyone who automatically defines anyone who isn't positive about what they are as keyboard hardmen etc.................

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

I Know mike personally. ... he is a hibby and put in a lot of time and effort over the years

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I'm starting to wonder who the "keyboard hard man" is....

Anyways.... MR did some really good work with the Hibs club over the years to the point it's a nice place to go (try find the Yam equivalent), on the other hand, when asked to speak on behalf of us, the supporters, he seemed to get the wrong end of the stick regularly, whether that was down to him or our wonderful press massaging the actual words is of course another question entirely.

I may not have agreed with some of the statements released in his name but he can't be accused of shirking any issues when it came to Hibs. I don't think any personal abuse on here towards him is warranted. Hope he enjoys having a slightly quieter life.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Keyboard hardmen yes.. People who are quite willing to rattle off insults and other stuff but when pulled up and questioned about their comments , they poof it and claim to be ' only kidding ' or ' just having a laugh '...
    Haha...."keyboard hardmen", "pulled up" and "poof it" all in one post. Hibs.nets answer to Danny Dyer aye?

Think you need to tone it down a bit pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I saw the official statement from the HSA & can only say I'm delighted with the changes. I've always found Crawford (Corrigan) to be a gentleman & am sure he will get the support he deserves in his initial interim spell in the Chair (I only say "interim" as the statement indicates any final confirmation will come at the next AGM in April 2016). Likewise Tom (Hall) is in a similar vein & a top man. Delighted to see Colin (Rich) will remain in his key role on the financial side. I know from my own time on the Council as Membership Secretary a while back just how much work Colin Hidoes around the Club on a wide range of duties from looking after the finances to maintaining the IT systems & a whole lot more in between (that by the way would cost the Club a fortune if they were having to pay an outside source).

Good luck.
    I cant believe the feelings of some of the posters on this announcement. It was stated at the last AGM in April this year he was going to stand down "sooner than later" so what is all the fuss?
    I for one am happy with the Interim replacements and can see a whole lot of the club members who left because of the last regime returning to use the club for what it is "the Hibernian Supporters Association".
    Its not a high class pub, a 5 star hotel its a supporters club for Hibs supporters their families and the surrounding community.

Mr Reilly was given a lot of abuse on here for things he said that were often out of context with what the hibs supporters stood for.
    IMO the last straw was the statement he made about not supporting the HSL venture of the share issue. Then having to have someone else come out and apologise on his behalf.
    To me this was an embarrassment to the Club and Association members and made his tenure unsustainable.

Those days are now hopefully history and we look forward to the future and i wish both Crawford and Tom all the best in their new venture. Im sure they will do a grand job of taking the club forward with the support of the football club and the board once again.

GGTTH!

Good luck Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    You seem to be very vocal hiding behind your keyboard.. You obviously have an axe to grind with the man. Why don't you join the association and run for the vacant post ???

Mate...calm the beans. For a start, I live a couple of thousand miles away from Edinburgh, so the vacant post is not going to work out for me. Even if I did live in Edinburgh, I doubt I would run for it: I disagree with the local corrupt politician who represents me here, but I'm not going to suddenly run for political office. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with the man. As for being a "keyboard hardman"....well, if it takes using the word "poof" in an internet post to prevent becoming one, then sign me up for the keyboard hardman's association and I'll run as Chairman.

In my opinion, as stated previously, I am glad this man has gone as he has been the supporter's mouthpiece for a very long time, but has very rarely represented the majority of the fans I know. He is a relic from the age of gloom and misery at Hibs, and was always the first person to shoot down any decision that the club made. And his solutions to certain problems...... "Bring back Alex Miller", was, I believe, a potent example.
    Last edited by vercol36; 02-07-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Lol.....some mod must have edited my post

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    I cant believe the feelings of some of the posters on this announcement. It was stated at the last AGM in April this year he was going to stand down "sooner than later" so what is all the fuss?
    I for one am happy with the Interim replacements and can see a whole lot of the club members who left because of the last regime returning to use the club for what it is "the Hibernian Supporters Association".
    Its not a high class pub, a 5 star hotel its a supporters club for Hibs supporters their families and the surrounding community.

Mr Reilly was given a lot of abuse on here for things he said that were often out of context with what the hibs supporters stood for.
    IMO the last straw was the statement he made about not supporting the HSL venture of the share issue. Then having to have someone else come out and apologise on his behalf.
    To me this was an embarrassment to the Club and Association members and made his tenure unsustainable.

Those days are now hopefully history and we look forward to the future and i wish both Crawford and Tom all the best in their new venture. Im sure they will do a grand job of taking the club forward with the support of the football club and the board once again.

GGTTH!
    .....Well said Janette

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Good luck Crawford
    Agreed Mikey.

Good luck to big Crawford, following in his auld man's footsteps.

Coaching Staff
    Met Mike when I was back for the cup final in 2013.

Found him a personable chap who was always happy to help.

Enjoy your new found peace and quiet Mike.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    I thought Mike Reilly was arrogant and a bully, I also told him that (and worse) to his face. I will now start using the Club again ..... Good luck Crawford :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    I thought Mike Reilly was arrogant and a bully, I also told him that (and worse) to his face. I will now start using the Club again ..... Good luck Crawford :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    I have to agree, although it backfired on him badly one night after he got a bit too arrogant wi one of my mates. The incident in the club was never mentioned and no action taken against him even though plenty witnesses were there. That was an admission of guilt right away.