hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Stanton handling away?

Bbc reporting both released. Quite surprised to be honest but trust AS and assume better players on way in...if accurate that is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Link?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bbc reporting both released. Quite surprised to be honest but trust AS and assume better players on way in...if accurate that is.
    Where did they report this?

Can't find any written confirmation as yet.

This is the only link I can find and it does not say they are released - it pretty much says the same thing that AS did in his interview. Perhaps the OP can show me I am wrong, I'm sure he wouldn't want me to accuse him of making things up.....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33297958

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This is the only link I can find and it does not say they are released - it pretty much says the same thing that AS did in his interview. Perhaps the OP can show me I am wrong, I'm sure he wouldn't want me to accuse him of making things up.....

I'm seeing it on this link in the mobile site http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/scottish/gossip

Hibernian have told midfielder Sam Stanton, who has been linked with Dundee, and striker Danny Handling that they are free to look for new clubs. (Daily Express, print edition)

Apologies if the link doesn't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    I'm seeing it on this link in the mobile site http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/scottish/gossip

Hibernian have told midfielder Sam Stanton, who has been linked with Dundee, and striker Danny Handling that they are free to look for new clubs. (Daily Express, print edition)

Apologies if the link doesn't work right.
    That isn't what AS said in his interview. He said that they were welcome to stay and fight for their places but they were not assured of a starting spot. If they didn't want that they could look for another club - that is not the same as being released.....

Coaching Staff

Yep.

As they tend to say on another site......Non Story...

Aye , so that's taken from the GOSSIP section of the BBC website. Neither have been released (both under contract anyway so can't release them unless it's a mutual agreement) and it's a bad rehash of what Stubbsy said in his Hibs TV interview.

Nothing new at all.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    That isn't what AS said in his interview. He said that they were welcome to stay and fight for their places but they were not assured of a starting spot. If they didn't want that they could look for another club - that is not the same as being released.....
    Don't think many people would have these two as certain starters anyhow.

AS said last season that Cummings would be used mostly as a sub, but he ended up starting a lot of them.

I think the door is still open to them at Hibs, but they have to work hard to make it happen.

How did you manage to take "free to look for other clubs" as "have been released"?

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Aye , so that's taken from the GOSSIP section of the BBC website. Neither have been released (both under contract anyway so can't release them unless it's a mutual agreement) and it's a bad rehash of what Stubbsy said in his Hibs TV interview.

Nothing new at all.
    Exactly. The Beeb are not reporting anything relating to Stanton or Handling, simply pointing to the Daily Express story, which is their spin on the Stubbs interview.

If both go they'll not be totally free to go, I'd have thought a nominal fee would be wanted as we've developed them, unless Hibs are happy to let them go for nothing, it's not like us to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    If both go they'll not be totally free to go, I'd have thought a nominal fee would be wanted as we've developed them, unless Hibs are happy to let them go for nothing, it's not like us to do that though.
    We would have been happy to let Calum Booth go for nothing at any point in his last 3 years here.
    I doubt we will be looking for a fee, just be trying to free up a wage so we can bring in a player we are more likely to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We would have been happy to let Calum Booth go for nothing at any point in his last 3 years here.
    I doubt we will be looking for a fee, just be trying to free up a wage so we can bring in a player we are more likely to use.
    TBH I don't like letting talented youngsters go, especially for free but they've just not developed in the way we wanted, apart from a few fleeting glimpses here and there and as I've pointed out in numerous threads, they're only a year or so younger than Allan and Fyvie but are miles behind them on the pitch. They'll not be on huge wages maybe £500-600pw but added together that's £1k we could offer for a player who is capable of stepping into the team, we also have the young lads moving up from the development team to fill their boots on the bench.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Maybe a move away would benefit their careers, tbh neither has progressed as I thought they would and time is flying by.

At some point a decision has to be made on whether our youngsters can contribute as part of the first team or not.

For all the excuses offered in their defence, neither Handling nor Stanton stood out when given the opportunity in second tier football last season and that makes their position in the squad very vulnerable as there are more youngsters (Martin, Duthie) coming through who need the opportunity to show if they can make the step up rather than having their way blocked by the previous intake.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Never really been a Handling fan I must admit. Still a young laddie who is still learning but for me i've just never been impressed with him. He has had his moments here and there but unfortunately they are very few and far between. I don't mean to bash the guy and for as long as he is at hibs, as with any hibs player, he will have my full support but I just feel he's a bit to lightweight and offers us very little.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Was it Stubbs that gave Handling his 4 year deal ?
    If yes , it's a strange one if he's free to go .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Beefster, to answer your question...if it's true that are free to find another club then this means we would release them from contract.

As others have indicated this may be kick up bum maneuver by AS.

Beefster, to answer your question...if it's true that are free to find another club then this means we would release them from contract.

It's not true.

Stanton I'd be inclined to give more time. Although he's failed to breakthrough in the way hoped, his potential is good and I still think he could become a class act. Handling I don't rate so highly, and I'd be inclined to get rid off.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Stay and fight for a place or go and play your football somewhere else. Either scenario suits the club. Don't think that there's much wrong with that. No misunderstanding.

Possibly but you said that they had been released, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It's not true.
    What isn't? And where does this leave Harris?

Coaching Staff
    It's not true.
    What isn't? Stubbs said on the video they wouldn't be guaranteed a game and could leave if they wanted.

It's not true.

So was Stubbs lying when he said he couldn't guarantee them 1st team football and their agents have been advised that if they want that, Hibs won't stand in their way, that sounds awful like on you go if you want, we'll not stop you.

I'm defining released as "free to go for no fee" rather than "left the club and we will keep paying you" which would not be a smart move.

I'd like to see them both stay, I would love to see Handling given a shot at theholding role Robertson played. As for Stanton, what a waste!! Every manager he has played under said he was an exeptional talent, I actually believed that Stubbs might bring him on due to his massive experience wi Everton kids, very dissappointing!!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    So was Stubbs lying when he said he couldn't guarantee them 1st team football and their agents have been advised that if they want that, Hibs won't stand in their way, that sounds awful like on you go if you want, we'll not stop you.
    Technically that statement would & should apply to every player in the squad.
    If you're not doing the business, you're out the team - therefore no guarantee of 1st team place.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the title of this thread needs changed. We can't release them as they are in contract. They have been told they can find a loan club which has been common knowledge for weeks.