hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 Match Ticket

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to see more benefits added to the season ticket. eg. 10% off everything in club shop 10% off all catering food and drinks free tour of training centre/meet players free tour of Easter Rd
    that kind of added benefits for season ticket holders would mean other options for walk -up fans like 6 match tickets could be offered without benefits.
    Agreed. Did we not receive a voucher for a free(half price?) strip a few seasons ago? I still get my season ticket each season purely to give the manager the funds when they are most needed. A season ticket makes no economic sense to me though as I miss, on average, 6 home games every season through holidays etc.
    There definitely needs to be a fresh approach to ticketing because the status quo isn't working. 6 game packages would worry be slightly in the sense that someone like me, who makes about 12 games per season, could just buy two packages at approx £125 each. This would lose the club £110 on their normal season ticket. For the record, I would continue to buy my season ticket for the reason mentioned above. I'm sure there would those that wouldn't though. Definitely worth discussing though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Some good points made here. During this evening's Telethon at the ticket office, a supporter also mentioned this idea to me. They are moving overseas but wouldn't mind pre-purchasing a number of tickets as they could then book tickets for games when they are back in Edinburgh.

However, we need to be careful here with respect to pricing as some have already pointed out it could devalue full ST holders.

How about a package which is valid from the start of the season to just before we launch half STs? Make the pricing point per game better value than walk-up but not vs full ST or Half ST (in terms of price per game).

Also, package to include or exclude Category A? I would suggest exclude as it would make the package cheaper overall.

Thoughts?
    Why not just do a half season ticket for the first half of the season?
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Why not just do a half season ticket for the first half of the season?
    This is only my opinion, not sure if it's shared with anyone else, but there would be a risk that 1st Half STs cannibalise Full ST sales. Is there a guarantee that 1st Half ST holders would renew for the 2nd Half? Not so sure. It would also means less in the player budget for the manager.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    How about a package which is valid from the start of the season to just before we launch half STs? Make the pricing point per game better value than walk-up but not vs full ST or Half ST (in terms of price per game).

Also, package to include or exclude Category A? I would suggest exclude as it would make the package cheaper overall.

Thoughts?
    I have always had a big problem with Cat A games and the increase in prices for them. I can understand why the club does it, to try and screw the captive audience of the away fans who generally fill that end. However, as a home supporter, I object to paying £28 to watch a game that is normally live on T.V. and at a time and date that is unsuitable.
    These days, I very much decide late on whether I am going to bother or not and given the amount of spaces seen in the home stands at these games, there are plenty more like me.
    Wee packages like what has been mentioned might just be the difference between dragging myself out the house away from the telly or not and I think they are worth a try.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Some good points made here. During this evening's Telethon at the ticket office, a supporter also mentioned this idea to me. They are moving overseas but wouldn't mind pre-purchasing a number of tickets as they could then book tickets for games when they are back in Edinburgh.

However, we need to be careful here with respect to pricing as some have already pointed out it could devalue full ST holders.

Thoughts?
    I think that was me Amit, good talking to you last night albeit briefly and it's good to hear you're enjoying the role, having guys like you involved at the club can only help things progress imo. Hope you got a few lapsed season ticket holders back into the fold too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I think that was me Amit, good talking to you last night albeit briefly and it's good to hear you're enjoying the role, having guys like you involved at the club can only help things progress imo. Hope you got a few lapsed season ticket holders back into the fold too
    It was indeed. Same here, it was good chatting to you last night

All the best for the house move!

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    I would like to see more benefits added to the season ticket. eg. 10% off everything in club shop 10% off all catering food and drinks free tour of training centre/meet players free tour of Easter Rd
    that kind of added benefits for season ticket holders would mean other options for walk -up fans like 6 match tickets could be offered without benefits.
    I think there is something in this. Maybe have a club membership scheme for say £25 per season but free to season ticket holders, and allows various benefits as described above. It could also allow a £1 saving on the purchase of one match ticket for each home game if you don't have a season ticket.

Not so keen on the idea of a six game ticket though as there is a risk that fans will buy one for the first six games to see how things go rather than buy a proper season ticket.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.