hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some people have just fallen into habits. It's a habit to renew every year and it's a habit not to renew.

The only thing that will bring people back is a long, uninterrupted period of success, i.e. winning the division this year and top 3/4 next year. Some people have been stung one too many times.
    The bit in bold - that's the category into which the majority of lapsed supporters fall into IMO.

I was speaking to a couple of blokes just recently who used to go regularly to ER, one a former season ticket holder. We got talking about this subject, and one said words to the effect that he didn't want to put himself through the stuff the Hibs support has had to suffer in recent seasons any longer. He was referring in particular to that cup final, the Malmo debacle, and the truly shocking manner in which the club was relegated. They both seemed very disillusioned, despite my saying that things have improved at ER both on and off the pitch.

The impression I got was that it's going to take an awful lot to get these guys back at ER, let alone get them to buy a season ticket. How typical they are, and how many there are out there like them I don't really know.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Introduction of a hypersonic flight between LAX and EDI

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Where is the voice of this mass of Petrie boycotters then? If their principles are that strong surely they are doing something more than just staying away. They are silent and the only reason we know they exist is because a few posters on here say they have mates who are not attending just because of Petrie.
    Simple question.

Should Petrie step down and leave the club.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Simple question.

Yes he should. Simple enough answer? I look forward to your follow ups.
    Last edited by marinello59; 24-06-2015 at 06:45 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Who knows, there might be fans out there who only go to the games because they have trust in Petrie's stewardship.

That's an equally bizarre argument as suggesting that Petrie's continued presence is preventing some fans from attending matches.
    15% according to a poll done on here a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The bit in bold - that's the category into which the majority of lapsed supporters fall into IMO.

I was speaking to a couple of blokes just recently who used to go regularly to ER, one a former season ticket holder. We got talking about this subject, and one said words to the effect that he didn't want to put himself through the stuff the Hibs support has had to suffer in recent seasons any longer. He was referring in particular to that cup final, the Malmo debacle, and the truly shocking manner in which the club was relegated. They both seemed very disillusioned, despite my saying that things have improved at ER both on and off the pitch.

The impression I got was that it's going to take an awful lot to get these guys back at ER, let alone get them to buy a season ticket. How typical they are, and how many there are out there like them I don't really know.
    Hibs are for life. You don't just jump off the merry go round when the going gets tough then jump back on when the good times are back. You hang on in there hoping that Petrie will be the first to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Apologies, I'll rephrase that. People on here don't believe you Fat Stu. They think you are lying about you reason for not attending. They think you were looking for an excuse anyway and Petrie is just your scapegoat.
    Seriously though, we want as many people as possible to attend Hibs games. That's why we have a big stadium.
    The club need to listen to the reasons people are not attending Easter road and eliminate as many as possible. If it's the pies, then we look to see where improvements can be made. If it's kick off times then we look at that as well.
    And if it's Rod Petrie then we need to deal with that. He should be easy to replace now that he has no day to day involvement and also the fact that he was no good at his job anyway. This is a case now where the man is actively hurting the club to preserve his own position. He is an absolute disgrace.

It was getting that bad Hibs.net Admin team responded with a statement to the club regards the damage Petrie was doing to the club and wanted him removed.

hibs.net response to the club's statement of 29th May

Published on 29-05-2014 10:15 PM 14 Comments Comments
    In response to the club's statement on Thursday 29th May the Hibs.net Admin team would like to reiterate the point made regarding Rod Petrie's continued involvement at board level. We are in no doubt that his presence will hamper Leeann Dempster's attempts to engage with the support when she takes up the role of CEO next week. It doesn't matter how many times she tells us that she has full control, and that Rod Petrie is not offering any guidance, as a large section of the support simply won't believe that.

While Rod Petrie remains on the board it will be extremely difficult for Leeann to achieve the season ticket sales and sponsorships required to fund the club's push to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking, and that has to be the number one priority for everyone connected with Hibernian FC. Rod Petrie should recognise this himself and step down with immediate effect.

The admin team is confident that the vast majority of the site's users agree with this view.

The admin team did not receive a reply to the e-mail sent to the club on 27th May. We will write to Leann Dempster when she starts on Monday to make the same point and will ask for her reply.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Yes he should. Simple enough answer? I look forward to your follow ups.
    Hope it happens soon. My follow up.

Its amazing how touchy some folk can get when thier love of Hibs/non attendance at ER is called in to question.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Simple question.

He should step down as Chairman immediately.

If the major share holder of the club wants him on the board , he stays.

Judging by the share issue take-up, there does not seem to be an overwhelming drive by the mass Hibs support to purchase a majority share holding and force Petrie out.

It was getting that bad Hibs.net Admin team responded with a statement to the club regards the damage Petrie was doing to the club and wanted him removed.

hibs.net response to the club's statement of 29th May

Published on 29-05-2014 10:15 PM 14 Comments Comments
    In response to the club's statement on Thursday 29th May the Hibs.net Admin team would like to reiterate the point made regarding Rod Petrie's continued involvement at board level. We are in no doubt that his presence will hamper Leeann Dempster's attempts to engage with the support when she takes up the role of CEO next week. It doesn't matter how many times she tells us that she has full control, and that Rod Petrie is not offering any guidance, as a large section of the support simply won't believe that.

While Rod Petrie remains on the board it will be extremely difficult for Leeann to achieve the season ticket sales and sponsorships required to fund the club's push to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking, and that has to be the number one priority for everyone connected with Hibernian FC. Rod Petrie should recognise this himself and step down with immediate effect.

The admin team is confident that the vast majority of the site's users agree with this view.

The admin team did not receive a reply to the e-mail sent to the club on 27th May. We will write to Leann Dempster when she starts on Monday to make the same point and will ask for her reply.
    Opening up old wounds Silver ,at point when Club under Leeanns Stewardship are doing their best to move us forward and be positive . I think she has made her position clear she now calls the shots on a day to day basis ,And whether we ,or she likes it ,Petrie will hang about like a bad smell .Whether that bad smell still permeates every nook and cranny of the place is debatable ,but I genuinely don't think he will now be interfering in the way he used to or S A would have been sold by now and we would still be waiting on new signings ,and contact extensions being negotiated .
    Yep I signed up to get rid of him and would rather he had moved on ,but I am prepared to accept the Club is changing for the better and in that respect his continued presence doesn't appear to now be holding us back ,apart from an unspecified number of lapsed fans who may or may not return to supporting the club by attending if he did walk away .

Hope it happens soon. My follow up.
    Me too. But I was with Paul Kane and co on boycotts, they aren't the way to go about things.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Stu View Post
    Been a while since I posted on here but i'll confess to being another who refuses to attend ER until he who shall not be named buggers off. I attended a few away games but none at home.

Even then i've found better things to do with my saturday afternoon/sunday afternoon or monday night, so I might go back when it suits me rather than have a season ticket..

Petrie has done irreversible damage to this club and it would stick in my throat to give to this club whilst he's still involved, behind the scenes or not.

He is the reason I stopped attending and whilst he may be an excuse to stop attending, remove him and I will sincerely reconsider.
    Sorry Stu, but the damage is not irreversible otherwise we'd have gone down the tubes. I'd argue that LD and her team have addressed this and that we are heading back to where we belong
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Simple question.

The answer is a clear yes from me.

But its counter productive for people to state "I will support Hibs at away games but not at Easter road".

Going to livi/Falkirk/St mirren etc, pay your cash to them......but not to Hibs? Aye right, that's helping Hibs big style.

I have a mate that's in that camp, and don't believe he will suddenly turn into a season ticket holder if rod leaves.

IMO its an easy excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Hibs are for life. You don't just jump off the merry go round when the going gets tough then jump back on when the good times are back. You hang on in there hoping that Petrie will be the first to fall off.
    Not for everyone though, it would appear.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Stubbs talks about ST sales and the share issue during this interview.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post

Stubbs talks about ST sales and the share issue during this interview.
    ...................and has a go at certain other clubs for trying to get our players