hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fyvie signing doesn't make us a stronger squad than last season though. We need to improve, not be weakened.

I never said it made us stronger, I said it helps that he has and makes Allan's loss if he goes a wee bit easier, I'm sure if he goes Stubbs will find someone else and having money there will help.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scott is a fantastic player. But sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. If he now says he'd be interested in playing for Celtic and who can blame him CL football and chance of winning the league.

Hibs should and I expect will seriously consider any offer if it's what he's worth. He can sign a pre contract come Jan if he doesn't go ahead and signs an extension. Hibs will then lose out on a lot of money that could get a couple of players.

Other hand you can't put a price on promotion and Allan for me would be our key player for winning the league. So I hope he stays myself but won't hold it against the club or him if he wants to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Scott is a fantastic player. But sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. If he now says he'd be interested in playing for Celtic and who can blame him CL football and chance of winning the league.

Hibs should and I expect will seriously consider any offer if it's what he's worth. He can sign a pre contract come Jan if he doesn't go ahead and signs an extension. Hibs will then lose out on a lot of money that could get a couple of players.

Other hand you can't put a price on promotion and Allan for me would be our key player for winning the league. So I hope he stays myself but won't hold it against the club or him if he wants to move on.
    Agree, if we get money that allows us to bring in 2 or 3, then I don't have an issue with that
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

What if its rangers?
    I think the question isn't sell or not to sell. The question should be, sell or not to sell to rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What if its rangers?
    I think the question isn't sell or not to sell. The question should be, sell or not to sell to rangers.
    We won't sell to Derhun

In order from most ideal to least.

1. He signs an extension and leaves next summer for a decent fee once we hopefully get promotion.

2. He leaves for Celtic/anyone but Rangers for a decent fee and we reinvest to get a few good players with that cash. Would still be better quality players than we have now, may not be as good as him but we would have a stronger squad.

3. He stays but ends up leaving next summer for free, I honestly believe we would be better with the cash now to increase the squad depth and quality.

4. He signs for Rangers, couldn't care less what the fee is as this would be madness to massively weaken us and strengthen our biggest rival in one swoop.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I'd be greatly disappointed if Scott moved on to further his career however, I would accept and understand it if he moves south.
    If we sell him to one of the Scottish Football hoovers who suck up all the talent and complain that there's no competition I think that could instigate a lot of towels being thrown into the ring.

I despise the OF more with every day I live. Bloodsuckers, past & present.

The NHL have a fair system where the weakest team gets first choice of the draft (and so on up). This ensures that honours are more evenly shared and everybody gets their chance to 'give it a real go'.

If he goes to Celtic he'll have to get used to being a bit part player unless he gets properly fit(if diabetes allows it).Incidentally is this another example of what John Collins described as other Scottish clubs not being good enough to help Celtic in Europe?

Would be absolute lunacy to sell a player of his ability if we want to challenge for the title. I do not care what anybody says, Scott Allan is irreplaceable on our budget. We simply must keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What if its rangers?
    Sorry I'm only talking about Celtic, I'd be raging if Hibs sold him to The Rangers. I want him to stay though but it's a tough one for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I'd be greatly disappointed if Scott moved on to further his career however, I would accept and understand it if he moves south.

If we sell him to one of the Scottish Football hoovers who suck up all the talent and complain that there's no competition I think that could instigate a lot of towels being thrown into the ring.

The NHL have a fair system where the weakest team gets first choice of the draft (and so on up). This ensures that honours are more evenly shared and everybody gets their chance to 'give it a real go'.
    From the multitude of posts and threads on Scott Allan potentially staying/going, this post sums it all up perfectly.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar

Of

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post

Snooky the Old Firm do not exist. Sevco are a new club te he.

we buy up players similar to celtic from smaller clubs, that's football mate.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    £500k plus Scott Brown.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Scott Allan is irreplaceable on our budget.
    So I sort of get your point on a like for like replacement (though I'd argue that we could possibly manage it via a combination of good scouting and some luck).

What I do think it's worth mentioning is that we may well do better (especially in the Championship) with replacing him with 2 or possibly even 3 attacking players with some set up ability that may be less good. There was a sense last season that good as he was you shut Scott Allan down and we looked a little impotent.

The yams strolled the league last year without the sense of them having any one stand out attacker.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Row H View Post
    From the multitude of posts and threads on Scott Allan potentially staying/going, this post sums it all up perfectly.
    It dosn't really, because most people are either saying wait and see or that it would need to be judged on what the deal would be if it did happen. I don't see many people threatening to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    We are a selling club, always will be. That's not a slight on the club, or the board, it's reality.
    Even £500k could fund 5 first team players for a season.
    If the board can treat £.5m as a starting off point and end up with say £.75m from Celtic, that would be much better and I for one would be willing to put my trust in Stubbs to re-invest wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Or the Board take c750k, plus two of their players, and use the money to enhance the squad? Would people be happy with that?
    Just read this after my post, great minds think alike BF!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 22-06-2015 at 03:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Or the Board take c750k, plus two of their players, and use the money to enhance the squad? Would people be happy with that?
    If what you quote was the deal then the board would be daft not to accept it, however the money being quoted is 500k which will realistically be around 250k. I for one would not be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    If what you quote was the deal then the board would be daft not to accept it, however the money being quoted is 500k which will realistically be around 250k. I for one would not be happy with that.
    Wait and see, Hibs won't be selling on the cheap

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Just read this after my post post, great minds think alike BF!
    You have a great mind, not so sure about mine

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If he goes to Celtic he'll have to get used to being a bit part player unless he gets properly fit(if diabetes allows it).Incidentally is this another example of what John Collins described as other Scottish clubs not being good enough to help Celtic in Europe?
    Nah, they'll just loan him to Sevco to help their bigot brothers get back up.

This one is VERY simple as far as I can see.

There are no conditions/grounds or price that we can or should sell him to rangers. They are our closest rival. He will come back to bite us and will help them. You do not strengthen your next rivals in business. Or in sport. Or in anything else unless you are actually, certifiably and diagnosed stone radge. NO to the huns. For any price.

BUT...

To the sellick? For any price? No. For £500k and Sparky on loan, all season, no clauses and we dont pay close to his usual wage on the basis of the £500k transfer fee....
    Or outright to the manky second to wear the green for £850k and we strengthen our team.

Anything else, tell them to **** off.

ENDOF

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    This one is VERY simple as far as I can see.

There are no conditions/grounds or price that we can or should sell him to rangers. They are our closest rival. He will come back to bite us and will help them. You do not strengthen your next rivals in business. Or in sport. Or in anything else unless you are actually, certifiably and diagnosed stone radge. NO to the huns. For any price.
    Exactly. Would be absolute madness to sell him to the huns. Unless they offered something absolutely crazy like £1.5m+ (which they absolutely wont do) then it has to be a stone cold NO to them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Don't do FB....and this might be mince but...

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/06/...ajor-hint.html

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It dosn't really, because most people are either saying wait and see or that it would need to be judged on what the deal would be if it did happen. I don't see many people threatening to walk away.
    Yes, it does.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Scott Allan has today dropped the biggest hint yet that he is no longer a Hibernian player by removing the club’s name from his official Twitter account.

As is well known he is under massive interest from Rangers and Celtic, and Ibroxnoise.co.uk sources have confirmed that Hibs tried to offer him a substantial wage increase and two-year extension.

Today’s developments suggest he has rejected that, and it now comes down to a straight choice between the two Old Firm clubs.

One source claimed he made a verbal agreement with Celtic manager Ronny Deila a week or so ago, but has yet to agree terms or finalise the deal (this information supposedly came from a current Rangers player), while others have confirmed the asking price has increased to £1.2M and Rangers may be priced out.

Rangers have reportedly initiated contact with Hibernian, and with Allan a boyhood fan, he will hope the Ibrox men can stump up enough cash and offer an incentive to make him choose the Championship for another year over the SPL and guaranteed European football with Celtic.

From Ibrox Noise, FWIW.

No deal. Unless they swap LG. They're due us a few hundred favours.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Scott Allan has today dropped the biggest hint yet that he is no longer a Hibernian player by removing the club’s name from his official Twitter account.

As is well known he is under massive interest from Rangers and Celtic, and Ibroxnoise.co.uk sources have confirmed that Hibs tried to offer him a substantial wage increase and two-year extension.

Today’s developments suggest he has rejected that, and it now comes down to a straight choice between the two Old Firm clubs.

One source claimed he made a verbal agreement with Celtic manager Ronny Deila a week or so ago, but has yet to agree terms or finalise the deal (this information supposedly came from a current Rangers player), while others have confirmed the asking price has increased to £1.2M and Rangers may be priced out.

Rangers have reportedly initiated contact with Hibernian, and with Allan a boyhood fan, he will hope the Ibrox men can stump up enough cash and offer an incentive to make him choose the Championship for another year over the SPL and guaranteed European football with Celtic.

From Ibrox Noise, FWIW.
    Yet his profile picture on twitter has him in a Hibs strip?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

From Ibrox Noise, FWIW.
    Surely if he is still under contract to us, he can't nor no-one on his behalf can talk about transferring him without our permission, or am I missing the point? Not liking the cloak and dagger stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Would be absolute lunacy to sell a player of his ability if we want to challenge for the title. I do not care what anybody says, Scott Allan is irreplaceable on our budget. We simply must keep him.
    Doubt we need to sell anyway. We'll have budgeted so as not to have to rely on selling anyone.