hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and I were like that on Monday.
    We had a trip to the volcanoes booked and it was roasting with no air .
    The day before we had been having a few beers round the pool with another family then hit the sangria in the evening . I was hanging all day.
    Only had a half pint since then :
    That was our only blow out. I can't even remember getting in and I woke up in my sons apartment thinking everyone had left me as it was empty.
    Never again :

Edit : went Scuba diving with the bairns today. Can't recommend it enough.
    Groundhog day again.... Same company, same bar, different mixtures of alcohol. Quick dip in the pool and a pint me thinks 😀

2. Log in to remove the advert

No beach hols this year but going to Armenia and Georgia for the two weeks before the Scotland game on 4th September.

I'm told it should be roasting which will be a shock to the system with the 'summer' we're having and will have a bearing on the amount of stuff I take. B*ggered if I'm wearing a kilt for two weeks so will have to cart it about in my rucksack.

Hoping to do a bit of trekking in northern Georgia and maybe pay a visit to the wine making area in the south east of the country if the time works out, then back to Tbilisi for a couple of days before the game.

Going via Yerevan in Armenia (where St Johnstone played) rather than Tbilisi because by the time I got round to booking flights it was too expensive, but travel between the capitals is regular and straightforward. Both get a good right up and are fairly happening places with plenty to see and do. And currently no neighbourly aggression so let's keep it that way Vlad.

Return on the Sunday after the game then back up to the Weege on the Monday night for the Germany game.

I leave the country the day before we play the Huns so shall be keeping up to date via this esteemed website.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Greetings from Fuertaventura. The youngest is fast asleep after 6 hours playing with her new pals at the pool. Since it's only €11.75 for a litre of Smirnoff vodka, an evening sitting out on my terrace with said vodka lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Greetings from Fuertaventura. The youngest is fast asleep after 6 hours playing with her new pals at the pool. Since it's only €11.75 for a litre of Smirnoff vodka, an evening sitting out on my terrace with said vodka lies ahead.
    Bleedin' jakey's - the pair of you. Not at all jealous

See you when Morton arrive.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Bleedin' jakey's - the pair of you. Not at all jealous

See you when Morton arrive.
    Ha,ha. You know us, not ones for letting a good deal on vodka pass us by, plus it's hot so we need to keep drinking fluids!!

See you at the Morton game for a bevvy.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Greeting from tenerife. Kid's exhausted and on the brink of sleep coma, wife's in bed with her book and I'm on the terrace with a cold one and a wee Lagavulin. Happy days, spent the day at the side of the pool and feeling surprisingly slim.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Me in Washington DC last month and off to Las Vegas tomorrow ........ Admin why am I unable to attach a pic

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Berwickhibby; 04-08-2015 at 01:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Greetings from Galway. Arrived on Saturday buoyed by result from Easter Road, and had a day at Galway Races on Sunday where the tactic of selecting horses on a Hibernian theme yielded little return. Golf at Athenry yesterday followed by watching Galway United beat league champs Dundalk in the semi finals of the Cup. 0-0 after 120 minutes then Galway won 4-2 on penaltys to spark a ouch invasion and wild celebration. Was sat just along from President Michael D Higgins, an avid Galway fan, but I don't think he invaded the park. Here for another week and a half and back in time for Morton. Hope weather improves.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Didn't think I'd be able to contribute to this thread this year but finally a cheeky wee holiday booked for December.

Fly into Seattle and spend 3 days there before driving down to Portland for a night (via the Olympic Peninsula), down to the Redwoods/Pacific Coast for a couple of nights and then on to San Francisco for a week (though, granted, I'll be at a conference during that week!).

Greetings from Paphos, Cyprus.

Currently 29 degrees and it's not even midday yet! 😎

Stunning weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Greetings from Paphos, Cyprus.

Currently 29 degrees and it's not even midday yet! 😎

Stunning weather.
    I stayed there when Scotland played Cyprus a few years ago, loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I stayed there when Scotland played Cyprus a few years ago, loved it!
    I was here last October as well, which was my first time in Cyprus, and it was wall to wall sunshine for the whole week.

Arrived yesterday evening and it's been more of the same so far. The forecast up until I leave on Sunday is looking promising.

Like you, I highly recommend Paphos to anyone who is looking to get away somewhere in October for a bit of sun before the winter sets in back home.

What time of year were you here?

... Marmaris.

After almost 2 weeks of wonderful weather the clouds are dark, the rain is chucking it down and there's thunder and lightning forecast for this evening.

Perfect timing to be forced to repack that bumming suitcase!

Never missed a Hibs home match - BONUS!
    Space to let

I was here last October as well, which was my first time in Cyprus, and it was wall to wall sunshine for the whole week.

Arrived yesterday evening and it's been more of the same so far. The forecast up until I leave on Sunday is looking promising.

Like you, I highly recommend Paphos to anyone who is looking to get away somewhere in October for a bit of sun before the winter sets in back home.

What time of year were you here?
    Mid Nov 2011, the weather was fantastic then too. I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea but, we stayed opposite a boozer called The Rose (English pub), the folk that run the place couldnae do enough for us, I would recommend it.

Mid Nov 2011, the weather was fantastic then too. I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea but, we stayed opposite a boozer called The Rose (English pub), the folk that run the place couldnae do enough for us, I would recommend it.
    I'll look out for it, cheers.

I've just looked it up on Google Maps and it's probably about a mile away from our hotel so might be worth popping along later in the week.

I'll look out for it, cheers.

I've just looked it up on Google Maps and it's probably about a mile away from our hotel so might be worth popping along later in the week.
    I'm not a big fan of going abroad to sit in Brit/Irish pubs but, I was happy to make an exception in this case.

I'm not a big fan of going abroad to sit in Brit/Irish pubs but, I was happy to make an exception in this case.
    Yeah me neither usually but I'll try to find time to go along and try it out.

Managed to find the pub, it's about 30 minutes from our hotel but it didn't appear to have any wheelchair access which is a pity.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    How long before we see this posted ....

"Greetings from your hoose" - The Burglars

Managed to find the pub, it's about 30 minutes from our hotel but it didn't appear to have any wheelchair access which is a pity.
    That's a pity, sorry about that.

That's a pity, sorry about that.
    No bother, worth a shout!

I'll console myself at the hotel pool bar while sipping on a large Keo!