hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Lewis Stevenson

Interview about his extension. Testimonial in the pipeline it seems.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 19-06-2015 at 09:13 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Well, he probably needs the testimonial - genuine sign from my local a couple of weeks ago

IMG_20150606_175310.jpg

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Not a natural interviewee.

Mind you, the other guy is not a natural interviewer! 'Let me ask you a question and then answer it for you.'

Also, that large badge stuck on the tiles looks poor. Is there not a more inspiring place to do these?

Hope he gets the testemonial at the end of his Hibs career rather than just now tbh, he has endured more bad memories than good ones playing here, hopefully in a few more years we'd have more to celebrate with him

Blog Entries
    I just noticed that a Lewis Stevenson testimonial has been announced. It was a small article in the Daily Express and don't know if it's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just noticed that a Lewis Stevenson testimonial has been announced. It was a small article in the Daily Express and don't know if it's accurate.
    Opposition mentioned Jim?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Not a natural interviewee.

Mind you, the other guy is not a natural interviewer! 'Let me ask you a question and then answer it for you.'

Also, that large badge stuck on the tiles looks poor. Is there not a more inspiring place to do these?
    Not even a well deserved Lewis?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Opposition mentioned Jim?
    No details.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    No details.
    Cheers
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Not even a well deserved Lewis?
    I'm a big fan of Lewis, have said many times that I want him to stay at the club and happy to do so again.

Hope LS does get a testimonial. One I'd definitely go along and support.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I'm a big fan of Lewis, have said many times that I want him to stay at the club and happy to do so again.

That's better! Haha.. Although agree those tiles make it look like a bathroom 😂

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hope LS does get a testimonial. One I'd definitely go along and support.
    As long as he gives the profits to charity I'd go.

Players don't need their earnings topped up these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    As long as he gives the profits to charity I'd go.

Players don't need their earnings topped up these days.
    Yep, at least a decent percentage.

That was one of the many reasons I refused to support Ian Murrays testimonial, the failure of the organisers to confirm what percentage of the proceeds were going to charity.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

That was one of the many reasons I refused to support Ian Murrays testimonial, the failure of the organisers to confirm what percentage of the proceeds were going to charity.
    You missed one of the most enjoyable afternoons at ER in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    You missed one of the most enjoyable afternoons at ER in recent years.
    Myself and about 10000 others.

Raith Rovers fan isn't he?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Myself and about 10000 others.

I was not the biggest Lewis Stevenson fan, but over the last couple of years he's won me over. I'd like a better left back, just like i'd like a better centre half and centre forward.

Until we get one he will do for now, there are other positions much more important that need improved.

Lewis has done the 10 years unbroken service and deserves a testimonial.

Murray was on 8,000 a week when he went to the huns, Lewis has been on piss poor cash for 10 years, been a good servant thru out. Last season was his best in a green jersey and if anyone deserves a testi. He does!! In my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    Raith Rovers fan isn't he?
    He was a Rangers fan as a boy but is now Hibs through and through which is all that matters.

Disagree that Lewis should be under pressure to give a chunk of the proceeds to charity and really hope people will turn up regardless. I doubt football has made him financially secure at this point and anyone who's been at a club as long as he has these days deserves a wee windfall. Testimonials are rarely well attended these days so he's unlikely to make a fortune in any case.

He's played in League Cup and Scottish Cup finals and is an under 21 internationalist. He's been our player of the year at least twice and was in the Championship team of the year this year. Not a bad career by any manner of means and still a good 5/6 years ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Murray was on 8,000 a week when he went to the huns, Lewis has been on piss poor cash for 10 years, been a good servant thru out. Last season was his best in a green jersey and if anyone deserves a testi. He does!! In my humble opinion.
    He won't have been on piss poor cash since he was about 16 or 17. He won't have made mega bucks but he'll have earned a good wage throughout his career for playing football every day.

I think a testimonial is a good idea and he deserves recognition for his efforts, I think any financial gain that comes from it though should go to a charity of his choice. Remember although it's a short career he won't have to stop actually working altogether and he seems like a bright guy so I'm sure he'll have been planning for life after football for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Agreed, its a different situation entirely to Stevenson's. As well as his hun payday Murray also had a few years at Norwich earning a decent wedge.

Lewis has been one of the lowest paid players in our team throughout his career and now has two young kids. I'd not be expecting him to give much, if anything, to charity.

Blog Entries
    LS went to school in Kircaldy so may very well have supported Raith Rovers. He lives in a big private housing estate in Dunfermline which is hardly stockbroker belt and I think he is entitled to earn a few quid from a testimonial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    Agreed, its a different situation entirely to Stevenson's. As well as his hun payday Murray also had a few years at Norwich earning a decent wedge.

Lewis has been one of the lowest paid players in our team throughout his career and now has two young kids. I'd not be expecting him to give much, if anything, to charity.
    I'm one of the lowest paid people in the company I work for,and earning a lot less than every 1st team player at Hibs. I don't expect a wedge from our customers after working there for 10 years though.

A testimonial these days should be a chance for fans to show appreciation for a decent servant, which I'd happily support, not a handout to someone earning upwards of £50K a year.

I'd expect him to average out at around £1k a week basic plus bonuses, sure he's more than capable of supporting his family on that without it needing to be topped up by, in most cases, people who earn considerably less.

I'm one of the lowest paid people in the company I work for,and earning a lot less than every 1st team player at Hibs. I don't expect a wedge from our customers after working there for 10 years though.

A testimonial these days should be a chance for fans to show appreciation for a decent servant, which I'd happily support, not a handout to someone earning upwards of £50K a year.
    That's fair enough, thats your point of view. Id say its different though for two reasons. The first being that you probably dont have to retire in your 30s and secondly it probably isnt the norm to get a testimonial or other similar payout in your industry.

Im more than happy to attend a testimonial for Lewis regardless of how much he gives to charity.

That's fair enough, thats your point of view. Id say its different though for two reasons. The first being that you probably dont have to retire in your 30s and secondly it probably isnt the norm to get a testimonial or other similar payout in your industry.

Im more than happy to attend a testimonial for Lewis regardless of how much he gives to charity.
    Players have to retire from football in their 30s, not from working. Guys leave the army after similar timescales and don't expect never to work again.

They have a 15-20 year career to plan for that day. Open university, coaching badges, all manner of retraining opportunities really and with far more financial comfort than many people looking to change career at such an age.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'd expect him to average out at around £1k a week basic plus bonuses, sure he's more than capable of supporting his family on that without it needing to be topped up by, in most cases, people who earn considerably less.
    I think the average will have been less than that and considering how p1sh we've been for years i can't imagine him having made much from bonuses.

Those that are on considerably less can decide for themselves whether they want to attend the game or not. I think he deserves it though.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I will be attending. Hibs All Star XI v the Rest of the World 😉
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Hibs V 2007 Select would be nice