hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough supershotmo's Avatar

Three Midfielders Away

We are now three midfielders short from last seasons squad which was our strongest department of our team.

McGeough looked good at times and would welcome him back.
    Robertson did a decent job as the holding midfielder considering he is better suited going forward. Wouldve been good to keep him.
    Craig was a good squad player but is replaceable.

I hope Stubbsy has good options to replace the above as we need to be strong in the midfield area again for next season. A good goal scoring midfielder is a priority.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Could also do with a goalkeeper or two...

Quote Originally Posted by supershotmo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are now three midfielders short from last seasons squad which was our strongest department of our team.

McGeough looked good at times and would welcome him back.
    Robertson did a decent job as the holding midfielder considering he is better suited going forward. Wouldve been good to keep him.
    Craig was a good squad player but is replaceable.

I hope Stubbsy has good options to replace the above as we need to be strong in the midfield area again for next season. A good goal scoring midfielder is a priority.
    Two short, we signed Danny Carmichael

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I'd like to see Stevenson in the defensive midfielder position, he's perfect for that role. I'm not worried about Craig or Robertson leaving.

United we stand here....

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    James Craigen anyone?

First Team Breakthrough supershotmo's Avatar
    Forgot about Carmichael but his goal scoring record from midfield is not the best.

Whilst we were strong in midfield I thought we were a bit imbalanced with all of our players a bit samey. I thought that this contributed to our inability to kill certain games off as much as any failings of the strikers did.

Whilst I liked all the players individually sometimes you've got to do a bit of wheeling and dealing to get the right blend and this will involve losing decent players.

I'm not too unhappy with the departures and I'd love to see McGeoch return if there was any chance of that happening. I also reckon that those who have left will have been on hefty wages so this gives us more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

Boyle and Carmichael would add much needed pace and trickery and options wide.

We could do with getting a "proper" defensive midfielder.

It's still early - there's a lot of time to get the squad finalised in time for the start of the season, then there's still until the end if August to carry out any fine tuning that might be needed.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'll be optimistic by saying that these guys departure will leave the door open for even better quality coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'll be optimistic by saying that these guys departure will leave the door open for even better quality coming in.

Like Claros???? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Theinsider View Post
    Like Claros???? dde1c
    Another name that pops up even more than KT every transfer window.

Once again had his time and we need to move on!!

Will be good to see who Stubbs actually brings in. Maybe he has someone whose already at the club earmarked for that specific DM role??

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Another name that pops up even more than KT every transfer window.

Once again had his time and we need to move on!!

Will be good to see who Stubbs actually brings in. Maybe he has someone whose already at the club earmarked for that specific DM role??
    Was tongue in cheek. Should have used a smiley. Agreed however I am looking forward to see whom he brings in. Never been so excited about a transfer window sice we were brining Leigh back and that's was only about one player. I think we have about 3-4 new signings plus extensions to look forward to this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Theinsider View Post
    Was tongue in cheek. Should have used a smiley. Agreed however I am looking forward to see whom he brings in. Never been so excited about a transfer window sice we were brining Leigh back and that's was only about one player. I think we have about 3-4 new signings plus extensions to look forward to this time.
    No worries. I'm on my phone so wouldn't tell what it was tbh. Hopefully some MF's a couple of keepers and big Liam signs back on.

Quote Originally Posted by supershotmo View Post
    Forgot about Carmichael but his goal scoring record from midfield is not the best.

15 assists in all competitions last season isn't too shabby,

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I'd like to see Stevenson in the defensive midfielder position, he's perfect for that role. I'm not worried about Craig or Robertson leaving.

Personally I would like to see us sign Darian MacKinnon from Hamilton. He is the perfect wee player for that position. A wee terrier who takes nae crap, moves the ball about well, and covers brilliantly for his team mates. Also agree with you about Lewis.