hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Allan to the Huns strengthens them and weakens us. It's a no brainier. Hibs should offer him an increased contract and show that we recognize his importance. Send a message to Kling that we are in their league and we won't be bought.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is made
    Hearts fans are absolute ****ing idiots though

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    To sell to your main upcoming rivals? To weaken yourselves while strengthening your main adversaries? Worked really well for Dun. Utd. Last season wi the tic. Know any D Utd fans do you? I do. They are how I imagine I would be when YOUR club strengthens YOUR main rivals just before a big challenge against them. Absolutely livid doesnae start to describe it. Not "modern football" as you describe it - football/financial/goodwill suicide to go down that route. But you & the "modern" wi it brigade ken better, eh? Just naw! Dinnae weaken yourselves while strengthening your rivals at the same time. Unless you have some rocket science which tells us how doing that would result in us promoted automatically next season?
    Steady mate. I stated that I'm not exactly over the moon with how these things work but history (post Bosman) shows that players have the power. Even the biggest clubs in the world suffer from this.

For me he's an absolute gem of a player and I'd love to do a Jim McLean and sign him up for 10 years but we can't so we need to accept that. We also need to remind ourselves that 'contracts' are no longer a source of power over a player.

Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen have all suffered in the last number of years through this scenario. Maybe I'm just a bit more pragmatic through recent experience of this. I've watched plenty of 'dyed in the wool' Hibees head West for extra cash in the last few years, so why would a player who has only been with us for 1 season have a different view? (obviously all hypothetical at this point)

The only thing we can do (again, hypothetical) is make sure we get the best deal for the club financially.

e.g. If Messi says he wants to leave Barcelona tomorrow to join Real Madrid, there's every chance it would happen.

Modern football.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Allan to the Huns strengthens them and weakens us. It's a no brainier. Hibs should offer him an increased contract and show that we recognize his importance. Send a message to Kling that we are in their league and we won't be bought.
    If we can offer him more then great. Lets break the wage structure for him. But what does Fraser Fyvie say? Or Gray? Or Malonga?

My hope is that he's a decent lad, who respects what we have done for him and accepts a relatively modest increase and then stays for another year at least.

My gut feeling is we have probably offered him everything we can (money, captaincy, Petrie's tache etc) and it may still not be enough. Lets not forget he left Dundee Utd after a handful of games to better himself and make more money so maybe, just maybe, that's his mindset?

I also happen to believe that our current manager and board recognise his importance and are not only trying very hard to get him to stay, but have contingency plans for a replacement. (should the worst happen).
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 16-06-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Lewis Allan? Where did they get that from?
    Sorry, slip of the tongue. Meant Lewis McLeod.

Rangers will be making a formal offer for allan and how to sign him before the window closes..........came from a yam at work

I think most clubs up here would like to think Allan was signing for them, have had Aberdeen fans claim to have seen him at Pittodrie for a medical the day after our last game of the season, load of p!sh being my response.

Scott said himself a few months ago that he was staying next season and i'd like to think he'll stick to that, simply due to being happy with his football and happy with a manager like Stubbs who has essentially saved a stalling career.

I'd be very shocked if Hibs sold to Rangers, I think we're past those days.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Hearts fans are absolute ****ing idiots though
    Grade A

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    According to FF, they expect Scott Allan, Lewis Allan and Danny Wilson to be Warburton's first signings. If our board/Stubbs sell to Sevco, it will be a huge indication of their ambition to win the Championship. And I'm not interested in the 'unhappy' player issue.
    Warburton will not have seen or even heard of any of these players. He'll have a whole list of others who he WILL know a lot about and who he thinks will do a job. Get the sense W is his own man and will want to succeed or fail on his own terms, not using ideas from backroom staff who've failed in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    I think most clubs up here would like to think Allan was signing for them, have had Aberdeen fans claim to have seen him at Pittodrie for a medical the day after our last game of the season, load of p!sh being my response.

Scott said himself a few months ago that he was staying next season and i'd like to think he'll stick to that, simply due to being happy with his football and happy with a manager like Stubbs who has essentially saved a stalling career.

I'd be very shocked if Hibs sold to Rangers, I think we're past those days.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Sevco are in no position to pay money for any player, and Hibs are not going to hand him over for free. End of.

Not saying that Allan will go to sevco or even that he'd want to go to sevco but that said and speaking generally:

The issue here is not actually with the Old firm (much as I detest the pair of them).
    It's with the player themselves - if any player decides they want to play for a particular club and sets their mind on that there is pretty much nothing their current club can do about it other than to negociate the best deal.

Hibs can - and should - make the best offer they can make to the player without either over extending financially or creating a disruptive imbalance between one player's wage compared to the rest of the players but that in itself is often not enough when a player has decided their future lies with one of the ugly sisters.

This is why it's not about Hibs as a club, their ambition or a message to the fans.

All of the above rationality will not of course stop me being utterly raging if Scott Allan is with sevco next season :)

Hopefully it's not an issue due to another hilarious financial collapse at the hun that finishes their shameful club off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Warburton will not have seen or even heard of any of these players. He'll have a whole list of others who he WILL know a lot about and who he thinks will do a job. Get the sense W is his own man and will want to succeed or fail on his own terms, not using ideas from backroom staff who've failed in the past.
    Being his own man won't stop Warburton from hearing about SA and doing his own homework on him. I'm sure there is enough anecdotal evidence to interest him and I've no doubt that he will be on Sevco's radar soon if not already. Scott Allan's future lies with the extent his head is turned by the likes of Sevco but more importantly with Stubb's ability to persuade him to stay and develope. There are occasionally times when the 'every player has his price' rule must be broken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Sevco are in no position to pay money for any player, and Hibs are not going to hand him over for free. End of.
    I wouldn't bank on the first point. They're talking about upwards of a £10m budget in Sevco forums and, ok, that's hardly a reliable source of information but I don't think Warburton would have even considered Ibrox had a commitment to buy not been offered. I hear what folk are saying about Sevco being skint but nobody really knows what King and his cronies will come up with and IMHO the 'end of' is a bit premature here.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I think we should calm down if he goes he goes he is a very good player but im sure stubbs and co could bring in another very good midfielder....hearts didnt havd a scott allan last year and I think re would all agree did alright.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Unless it was silly money which Stubbs could use to bring in someone as good or better (unlikely), Hibs will not sell Scot Allan to Rangers, imo.

However, I doubt that he will sign an extension to his current contract so my worry is that Rangers might approach him in January with the intention of signing him on a pre-contract.

If that happened, Scott's incentive to help Hibs win the league would greatly diminish.

In some ways, if Stubbs already has replacements in mind, we might do well to sell him elsewhere now.

It's all speculation of course, and it's easy to let one's imagination run riot during the close season!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Ah right - cheers.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    do you use your tongue to type messages? that must take some training!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    It's only option when both your hands are occupied elsewhere!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's only option when both your hands are occupied elsewhere!
    i wouldnt have thought our rumour page was that exciting....

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    It could deal very effectively with that annoying build-up of dust on the keyboard though

Just a mention about Danny Wilson. Why would he active a cleause in his contraact where he can leave the yams a year before a deal is up to just drop back down again into the championship on they same if not less money that he was on at Hearts???? Makes no sense at all???? Sounds like nonsense to me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Just a mention about Danny Wilson. Why would he active a cleause in his contraact where he can leave the yams a year before a deal is up to just drop back down again into the championship on they same if not less money that he was on at Hearts???? Makes no sense at all???? Sounds like nonsense to me.

I think it would require more money for that switch to occur..I'm sure he would get that at Rangers too..

I don't trust our board. When it comes to money they will simply balance the books and hope that Alan Stubbs can pull another rabbit out of his hat. Selling Scott Allan to a club in England I could accept, but selling to the huns would be an extremely bitter pill after many other bitter pills. Our board get such an easy ride from us the fans and they still expect us to turn up, no matter what they do. We are far too accepting. While we have any chance of promotion we should not sell anyone to our rivals.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    They have.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I don't trust our board. When it comes to money they will simply balance the books and hope that Alan Stubbs can pull another rabbit out of his hat. Selling Scott Allan to a club in England I could accept, but selling to the huns would be an extremely bitter pill after many other bitter pills. Our board get such an easy ride from us the fans and they still expect us to turn up, no matter what they do. We are far too accepting. While we have any chance of promotion we should not sell anyone to our rivals.
    I trust our board more than I do the intentions of some of our fans.

I just don't see the point of this sort of stuff when nothing has happened. People are moving on, backing the club with what it is trying to do, maybe we should be critical when there is something to ctiticise and not try and create that time and again?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is made

Ha-ha-ha - their imagination NEVER stops getting wilder and wilder, eh - I suppose it's better than facing reality !

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Ha-ha-ha - their imagination NEVER stops getting wilder and wilder, eh - I suppose it's better than facing reality !
    Agree I would like to think there is next to no chance of him going to Rangers if he is going anywhere especially given we are in the same league. There is I would imagine ten times less chance he would be ever allowed to sign for Hearts when still under contract at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Why don't you trust Frank Dougan or Amit Moudgil? Or Leeann Demspter?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Unless it was silly money which Stubbs could use to bring in someone as good or better (unlikely), Hibs will not sell Scot Allan to Rangers, imo.

However, I doubt that he will sign an extension to his current contract so my worry is that Rangers might approach him in January with the intention of signing him on a pre-contract.

If that happened, Scott's incentive to help Hibs win the league would greatly diminish.

In some ways, if Stubbs already has replacements in mind, we might do well to sell him elsewhere now.

It's all speculation of course, and it's easy to let one's imagination run riot during the close season!
    Another 6 months like the 12 he's put in so far and he'll have far bigger offers than Rangers.

No need for the club to put up a message as nothing has happened. He is our player as it stands, in anything changes they will let us know