hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scott Allan and our board

Do our board need a clear message from the fans regarding Scott Allan? I expect the huns to make a bid for him and our board should know what the fans would think should they decide to sell him to our likely rivals for the league. Cashing in is one thing and I'm sure Scott Allan alone won't make the difference between winning the league or being an also ran, but the board IMHO have to show clear intent by telling the huns to bolt if an offer comes in.

Selling to an English club or SPFL club would be hard to take but understandable if the money was substantial, but selling to the huns would be crazy I think.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the Board are aware of all this already.

But maybe you should smash Petrie's car up just to be sure? *

* was going to insert after this but not sure it's strong enough - please do not cause any criminal damage!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

* was going to insert after this but not sure it's strong enough - please do not cause any criminal damage!
    I think the board have a clear idea of the fans thinking on this and will be looking to strengthen our squad rather than weaken it. However, a little pre-emptive strike may not go amiss.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

"cars"

The board will know (and share) the thoughts of the fans on this.

Allan might leave, if

1. Someone bids enough money for him for it to be financially beneficially for us to sell him. It is anyone's guess how much that might be.

2. He has some sort of clause in his contract that allows him to leave for a reduced fee/ for free if certain clubs in certain leagues were to be interested.

Scott Allan also has to be interested. He joined us for a reason - to get regular first team football. He is getting it here, it looks like he is getting a team built around him for next season, he looked to enjoy his football last season and he should be in a reasonable financial position for a man of his age after being on the books of an EPL club for a while. He is at a club where he has a good relationship with the fans, the manager and the other players.

His next move is a big one for him, he might want to make that move now. Or he might have a bit more to get from staying at Hibs for another season.

I don't think we should push him to stay beyond this season but enjoy him whilst he's here. But I think it's in everyone's best interests for him to stay another year.

The board will be fully aware of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    "cars"

They'll be company ones anyway so he wouldn't foot the bill

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Do our board need a clear message from the fans regarding Scott Allan? I expect the huns to make a bid for him and our board should know what the fans would think should they decide to sell him to our likely rivals for the league. Cashing in is one thing and I'm sure Scott Allan alone won't make the difference between winning the league or being an also ran, but the board IMHO have to show clear intent by telling the huns to bolt if an offer comes in.

Selling to an English club or SPFL club would be hard to take but understandable if the money was substantial, but selling to the huns would be crazy I think.
    Don't really know where to start on this one..,,

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    "cars"
    helicopters and planes and royal train

I was speaking to a friend of Douglas Park at the rangers and he told me Scott was in talks with him last week. If this happens to be true i presume it is outwith our boards knowledge and Scott would know he should not be holding any unofficial talks. He is a boyhood rangers fan and if he spits out the dummy and decides he wants a move, our board can't do much else but try and cash in.
    Hopefully it's all bull, but he seems to think he's "in the know".

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    I was speaking to a friend of Douglas Park at the rangers and he told me Scott was in talks with him last week. If this happens to be true i presume it is outwith our boards knowledge and Scott would know he should not be holding any unofficial talks. He is a boyhood rangers fan and if he spits out the dummy and decides he wants a move, our board can't do much else but try and cash in.
    Scott was in Ibiza last week so that's probably pish...

Scott's already made one ill-advised career decision.

I'd be surprised if he held any sorts of talks with a club without them having a manager - I'd imagine he'd find this a pretty important factor in any move.

If such a discussion were to happen this week I'd be less surprised, unfortunately, but I still don't think that going to The Rangers would be a good career move for him. We give him a lot more leeway to try things that might not come off than he'd get there. They'd go mental at some of his profligacy.

Nah, he wants to stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Exactly !!
    OP obviously doesn't rate our board .

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    ..and if they're speaking to anyone it's the agent, so yeah I don't think Park's 'pal' is ITK.

@hibs.net private member

So let's just think about this for a minute. A Rangers Director and investor is speaking to a potential signing. Do we really think that's how things happen on the football side? Do we think our directors routinely get involved in transfer business? Is it in any way likely this is the truth? Barely, I would suggest. His agent would be mighty cheesed off. It's doing him out of a role. They didn't wait until Weir or Warburton came in ?(even though by then they would know to was happening).

Rangers fans clearly want Allan. I'm sure even the club do...but the chance of any dialogue happened outside of Agent contact is pretty remote...

And I suspect the "friend of Douglas Park" is just hoping it's true...

If they want him, they will have to ge tether cheque book out...and as they are in the same league, if we do a deal for anything less than £1M we would be mad....

The guy I was talking to is a significant shareholder with them. I know that does'nt mean much, he just seemed pretty sure. Hopefully just giving his mind a treat.

I think it's worth pointing out that two members of the board were appointed to represent the fans. There should be no need to send any further messages.

The guy I was talking to is a significant shareholder with them. I know that does'nt mean much, he just seemed pretty sure. Hopefully just giving his mind a treat.
    mike ashley??

Nope, you picked it up wrong. he had a Pizza last week

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    My mate spotted him putting Penny Arcade on the jukebox in Big Billy`s Ibrox Bar over there last week.
    He`s gone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    My mate spotted him putting Penny Arcade on the jukebox in Big Billy`s Ibrox Bar over there last week.
    He`s gone
    According to FF, they expect Scott Allan, Lewis Allan and Danny Wilson to be Warburton's first signings. If our board/Stubbs sell to Sevco, it will be a huge indication of their ambition to win the Championship. And I'm not interested in the 'unhappy' player issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    According to FF, they expect Scott Allan, Lewis Allan and Danny Wilson to be Warburton's first signings. If our board/Stubbs sell to Sevco, it will be a huge indication of their ambition to win the Championship. And I'm not interested in the 'unhappy' player issue.
    FF snippets :

Plus our main rivals for the Championship aint gonna sell us their best player. Duh

Finances are very tight there, I wouldn't be so sure. I would be waiting until the last day of the transfer window just to properly ***** them up as well.

If he was prepared to play for us during McCoist's time then the likelyhood is that he's be more than happy to come now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Indeed. Strange post.

Lewis Allan? Where did they get that from?

@hibs.net private member
    A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is made

Players hold all the power. If a player (especially in his last contracted year) is offered a more lucrative deal elsewhere and asks to leave. He will leave.

Frustrating as hell but that's how it works.

It's not an indication of our ambition, it's an indication of what we can pay and what the player wants. Pretty simple really.

Welcome to modern football.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Not true

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Players hold all the power. If a player (especially in his last contracted year) is offered a more lucrative deal elsewhere and asks to leave. He will leave.

Frustrating as hell but that's how it works.

It's not an indication of our ambition, it's an indication of what we can pay and what the player wants. Pretty simple really.

Welcome to modern football.
    To sell to your main upcoming rivals? To weaken yourselves while strengthening your main adversaries? Worked really well for Dun. Utd. Last season wi the tic. Know any D Utd fans do you? I do. They are how I imagine I would be when YOUR club strengthens YOUR main rivals just before a big challenge against them. Absolutely livid doesnae start to describe it. Not "modern football" as you describe it - football/financial/goodwill suicide to go down that route. But you & the "modern" wi it brigade ken better, eh? Just naw! Dinnae weaken yourselves while strengthening your rivals at the same time. Unless you have some rocket science which tells us how doing that would result in us promoted automatically next season?

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    A diehard yam at my work is convinced he's going to them, I think the truth is more like no-one really knows until there's an announcement, anyway I don't think Scott will speak to anyone his agent will, but I just view all rumors as guess work and speculation until an announcement is made

The worst possible move for SA (or any player in that mould) is to go Tynie.
    Last edited by Kato; 16-06-2015 at 08:50 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Rangers are skint, can't even pay back Ashely so how are they going to fund 500k for Scott Allan? I do not think the board would sell to Rangers anyway, especially since we have a really good shot at winning the league with Allan in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    why would he go to them? A club the same size as the one he's at now? They wont be able to pay him any more than we do and he's obviously going to a far bigger paycheck after he leaves us, be it now or next season.I think its safe to say he wont be signing for hearts.