hibs.net Messageboard

Escape to the Wild.

I've just watched half this on Ch4 and as someone who would love to do this it took my breath away. I have no doubt it would be bloody hard work but to get away from this kind of life to get right back to basics would be the life for me... What's your thoughts on it?! Gonna watch the other half after my backshift.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Looked amazing and fair play to then for doing it but you could tell the kids will probably mean it won't work long term.

She was a bit of a milf though ;-)

Haven't seen the programe your talking about but I'd love to do something like this if I had the chance.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Not for me, I enjoy city life. I love getting away from it all for a break, but that's enough for me.

United we stand here....

I've long had a desire to move away to the country and out the city and it's definitely something I'd like to do sometime. Obviously not as extreme as the programme mentioned but I can see the appeal.

My girlfriend was brought up in a village of under 50 people and thinks I'm mental and loves the city. She accuses me, probably correctly, of romanticising rural areas based on a few days walking every month for leisure. I understand that and accept that living in a remote location is not without practical problems but I just love quiet and solitude.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've long had a desire to move away to the country and out the city and it's definitely something I'd like to do sometime. Obviously not as extreme as the programme mentioned but I can see the appeal.

My girlfriend was brought up in a village of under 50 people and thinks I'm mental and loves the city. She accuses me, probably correctly, of romanticising rural areas based on a few days walking every month for leisure. I understand that and accept that living in a remote location is not without practical problems but I just love quiet and solitude.

Sorry PB, I Cannae get that scene from Trainspotting out ma head whilst reading that bit!!! Everyone knows the bit I'm on about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry PB, I Cannae get that scene from Trainspotting out ma head whilst reading that bit!!! Everyone knows the bit I'm on about!!!
    It's ***** being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The **** of the ****ing Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just ****ers.

I must admit that my dream is to have my closest neighbour to be about 10 miles away and live in absolute solitude, I'm not much of a people person if truth be told and am at my happiest when in my own company without anybody to make demands upon me, to come and go as I please etc. Therefore a life in the middle of nowhere would be quite pleasant in my opinion.