hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough 12AlbionPlace's Avatar

The Easter Road Pie

Always a controversial subject, here's an independent viewpoint

http://meatfilledpastries.com/2015/0...hibernian-pie/

2. Log in to remove the advert

The steak pies are OK he should have tried one of them, though they do have a 'very' annoying habit of sticking to the tin foil and falling to bits when you try to pull them out.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The steak pies are OK he should have tried one of them, though they do have a 'very' annoying habit of sticking to the tin foil and falling to bits when you try to pull them out.

Mutton pie only for football......with a cup of Oxo.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Mutton pie only for football......with a cup of Oxo.

ER Mutton Pie circa 1987

Hibs Pie boy Neil Wilson 1987.jpg

Bovril advert on the old East Stand 1914

Team East Stand 1914-15.jpg

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12AlbionPlace View Post
    Always a controversial subject, here's an independent viewpoint

http://meatfilledpastries.com/2015/0...hibernian-pie/
    It's not controversial - the price v quality is way wrong. Folk need I sop buying them though otherwise they won't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    ER Mutton Pie circa 1987

Hibs Pie boy Neil Wilson 1987.jpg

Bovril advert on the old East Stand 1914

Team East Stand 1914-15.jpg
    Do I remember correctly, was it Oxo at Easter Road but Bovril at ***********?

Whatever happened to that yellowy green grease that used to sit on top of a football pie?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

They are poor. The wee late night bakery on Leith Walk should provide them (they are awesome, especially as you stagger home late at night). But we're in the hands of contract caterers now and that will mean 3 quotes, and go for the cheapest.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Mass produced pies = ******.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Mass produced pies = ******.
    After Scott Allan signing an extension new pies should be our next priority

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    They are poor. The wee late night bakery on Leith Walk should provide them (they are awesome, especially as you stagger home late at night). But we're in the hands of contract caterers now and that will mean 3 quotes, and go for the cheapest.
    Does it work that way ? I dunno but is it not more of an offer for the use of the facilities and perhaps a cut related to sales above a certain threshold?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I'm sure I read something " late 80`s " that Hibs beat or Nearly beat the Killie Pie.. We used to have a Pie League

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Does it work that way ? I dunno but is it not more of an offer for the use of the facilities and perhaps a cut related to sales above a certain threshold?
    I would reckon most companies would have something similar to a 3 quote system in order to determine best value/profit but I would guess it's a flat 'license fee' for ER and and the license holder then determines what the market will pay for their food and drink in order to gain a worthwhile return. Our stalls are run by Centerplate based in North Staffordshire whom I doubt were chosen on providing the best Scotch Pies alone.

Hibs pies have always been rubbish. I am afraid Hearts can rightfully claim to be the Big Team where pies are concerned - certainly since 1963 when my own piequest began. The best pies used to be at Falkirk in the 60s and I had a good one at, oddly, Selhurst Park in the late 80s.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One of my best memories at Easter Rd: an announcement in the 80s when I used to stand in the old Enclosure:
    "Would the driver of the pie lorry please return to his vehicle, as it is on fire."
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

Think I may have been about 15 at the time and I can remember being in the coo shed and scoffing 5 mince pies. I even had a fish supper from the chippie in Albert Street after the match.

I'm now a veggie. Wouldn't like to think what rubbish was in those pies.

One year I came up from Guernsey to go and watch Hibs at Easter Road with my brother. I queued up at half time to get us a couple of pies from one of the wooden huts in the east terracing. It must have been about 1983 and before it was roofed. Anyway it took about 15 minutes for me to reach the front of the queue. I then proceeded to ask the server for two pies to which I got the reply 'We only sell match programs'. Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 07-06-2015 at 10:58 PM.

I'd like there to be more of an effort for local, healthy food, but still have the pies n that, an'aw (fae Storries all-night bakery on Leith Walk! Steak pies are tidy, pished or no'!)

Honestly the most I've ever bought is a Bovril in ER not because I'm health conscious.. But look at the things !! With the new cig rules at HT though I reckon you could jog to Greggs and get a lovely steak bake and get back in time...

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    Honestly the most I've ever bought is a Bovril in ER not because I'm health conscious.. But look at the things !! With the new cig rules at HT though I reckon you could jog to Greggs and get a lovely steak bake and get back in time...
    Interesting thought - maybe we could have a 'designated jogger' for each section of the stands?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    Interesting thought - maybe we could have a 'designated jogger' for each section of the stands?
    Wonder if they'd consider deliveries?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The steak pies at Easter rd are crap. Usually stick to the foil and have horrible fatty chewy bits in them. Introduce a fillet steak pie I say.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Wallpaper paste between two slices of cardboard heated to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, sold at 50 times the cost of producing the object, what's not to like?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

They were selling home made lentil soup at ER for a while last season. It was great , especially on a really cold day. But they didn't advertise it very well. Some of the staff didn't even seem to know they were selling it. Bring it back I say, along with stovies and mince rolls.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    I tried the delicacy of the day during scotland game a steak and stout pie was actually decent apart from soggy bottom fell oot.

Right, lets just get one thing straight. The pies at Easter Road are shan. Sorry, but they are. Utterly diplorably shan. Now, in the context of Scott Allan's contract, our plans for setting up next season as we mean to go on and most other things, they are also right up there with the interest in how many snotters the board collectively pick from their beaks or such like but, let it be said for the record, according to my tastebuds; the pies ARE very shan.

I told ye all in a thread a few months back.

Nobody took this seriously enough.

You all thought just stone radge mentalness and didnt gie it more thought.

But, as I am saying and as I was going to say, the future isnae pies...

Aw naw. Pies, schmeyes. Thats aw bollocks.

The future, is....no ready...get ready...not shan pies...but.................

BIG

**** OFF

CHIPPY STYLE

C H I P S

How?

Well. I tell ye how.

They appease:
    1) The vegetarians
    2) The meat eaters
    3) The health freaks (as we all ken vegetable oil is made wi lots of vegetables and is probably 10 of yer five a day)
    4) The economy; chips are cheap (ye ken that saying) and so its good for the economy, thus saving our selves from a douple tripple super dooper dip recession
    5) Any idiot can make chips
    6) Even hearts fans and huns can make chips and indeed live on them...
    7) ...but they're no gettin the gig. Naw, we source oor spuds from a big spare patch doon East Mains...
    8) ...ship them into the Leith San Siro every Friday
    9) ...have an army of peelers, spud sorters and cookers ready and awaiting and ka-****ing-boom....
    10) ..come Saturday, we sell BIG FAT CHUNKY CHIPS to the masses. Everyone wins, nae hassle, nae pies, nae threads on pizza or **** all like that. No options, no nowt. The Ford Model. Chips or nowt. Super, uber, Hibs chips.

Now that will work? Right. It will.

I have it on good authority Dempster is doon East Mains with a pitch fork and 329084823984739278959 seeds, invoking this masterplan as we speak.

Therefore, rid yer heids of shan pies, pizzas and all that pish.

The future, is tatties, cut into big **** off chips and sold for two pound a poke. Barry. Sorted. Nae bother.

ENDOF

An obvious project for our new Fan Directors to sort out. Give them something to do .

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    An obvious project for our new Fan Directors to sort out. Give them something to do .
    Big chips??? Now yer talking

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Right, lets just get one thing straight. The pies at Easter Road are shan. Sorry, but they are. Utterly diplorably shan. Now, in the context of Scott Allan's contract, our plans for setting up next season as we mean to go on and most other things, they are also right up there with the interest in how many snotters the board collectively pick from their beaks or such like but, let it be said for the record, according to my tastebuds; the pies ARE very shan.

I told ye all in a thread a few months back.

Nobody took this seriously enough.

You all thought just stone radge mentalness and didnt gie it more thought.

But, as I am saying and as I was going to say, the future isnae pies...

Aw naw. Pies, schmeyes. Thats aw bollocks.

The future, is....no ready...get ready...not shan pies...but.................

BIG

**** OFF

CHIPPY STYLE

C H I P S

How?

Well. I tell ye how.

They appease:
    1) The vegetarians
    2) The meat eaters
    3) The health freaks (as we all ken vegetable oil is made wi lots of vegetables and is probably 10 of yer five a day)
    4) The economy; chips are cheap (ye ken that saying) and so its good for the economy, thus saving our selves from a douple tripple super dooper dip recession
    5) Any idiot can make chips
    6) Even hearts fans and huns can make chips and indeed live on them...
    7) ...but they're no gettin the gig. Naw, we source oor spuds from a big spare patch doon East Mains...
    8) ...ship them into the Leith San Siro every Friday
    9) ...have an army of peelers, spud sorters and cookers ready and awaiting and ka-****ing-boom....
    10) ..come Saturday, we sell BIG FAT CHUNKY CHIPS to the masses. Everyone wins, nae hassle, nae pies, nae threads on pizza or **** all like that. No options, no nowt. The Ford Model. Chips or nowt. Super, uber, Hibs chips.

Now that will work? Right. It will.

I have it on good authority Dempster is doon East Mains with a pitch fork and 329084823984739278959 seeds, invoking this masterplan as we speak.

Therefore, rid yer heids of shan pies, pizzas and all that pish.

The future, is tatties, cut into big **** off chips and sold for two pound a poke. Barry. Sorted. Nae bother.

ENDOF
    It was genius before and it'll be genius again. Could become famous for the Hibs chips

Leeann!!!

Gamer IDs

You could even do a variety of toppings including cheese chippy sauce curry sauce.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Bad Martini, I like the cut of your jib!