hibs.net Messageboard

Page 92 of 429 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 12853

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dress down Friday, why? Only confirms to me that those who dress badly for work dress equally if not worse when dressed casually. For others it becomes a competion to see who has the best or most expensive "casual" wardrobe.
    I spent years "suited and booted" for work in Edinburgh and was once even pulled up by one of my bosses for taking my tie off whilst working late in the office.

Now people (clients & colleagues alike) would think I was a total spangle if I appeared in a collar and tie.

One of the great things about living in Brittany!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I spent years "suited and booted" for work in Edinburgh and was once even pulled up by one of my bosses for taking my tie off whilst working late in the office.

Now people (clients & colleagues alike) would think I was a total spangle if I appeared in a collar and tie.

One of the great things about living in Brittany!
    I worked abroad for a few years and the section leader had a quiet word in my ear about me not HAVING to wear a tie. I said to him "If you wanted to be a professional then first you have to look professional".
    After that, he wore a tie every day.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Especially if it's brickies we're talking about
    Indeed pubs that refuse "workies" in after work (happens in London anyway) always thought that was madness turning away good money, the pubs around Liverpool St that cater for the workies rake it in especially on a Friday.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Primary schools constantly fleecing parents.

My youngest is forever needing extra money for school as they have events like " wear a purple jumper to school day" which is in support of (insert charity).
    We have to go out a buy him a purple jumper because let's face it , what young cool dude wears a purple bloody jumper. Then we have to give him £1 so he can wear it.
    So , costs roughly £11 to do this and the charity only gets a percentage of the £1.

It's not just purple jumpers either. There's been one for yellow jumpers ,red jumpers , painted t shirts and wear what you want. To wear these , you have to pay the school.

What a load of absolute crap.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drivers who fail to understand the traffic lights at the foot of Clermiston road when turning left from Corstorphine. The amount of times people blow their horns when they see the green light for straight ahead. I've seen plenty of idiots turn left and nearly hit pedestrians who are crossing the foot of the road obeying the green man.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Primary schools constantly fleecing parents.

My youngest is forever needing extra money for school as they have events like " wear a purple jumper to school day" which is in support of (insert charity).
    We have to go out a buy him a purple jumper because let's face it , what young cool dude wears a purple bloody jumper. Then we have to give him £1 so he can wear it.
    So , costs roughly £11 to do this and the charity only gets a percentage of the £1.

It's not just purple jumpers either. There's been one for yellow jumpers ,red jumpers , painted t shirts and wear what you want. To wear these , you have to pay the school.

What a load of absolute crap.

It's never ending. This week alone we've had a school sleepover which we had to take a donation too, pj day which was more money and a class outing. Two weeks after they were away to camp which was a fair whack of money!

Add to that the fact that my boy is in p7 this year so we have to fork out for all the leavers stuff, I'll be bankrupt by summer.

Folk, usually older, who dismiss any football opinion that differs from their own with 'too much of that Football Manager game'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Folk, usually older, who dismiss any football opinion that differs from their own with 'too much of that Football Manager game'.
    Though, equally I cannae be arsed with folk who talk about real football as if it is just like football manager. "We need an inside forward on the left, and a box to box midfielder with an anchorman in the middle".

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I worked abroad for a few years and the section leader had a quiet word in my ear about me not HAVING to wear a tie. I said to him "If you wanted to be a professional then first you have to look professional".
    After that, he wore a tie every day.
    Amen! Love a good tie. I have the option to go to a few offices, but the closest one to me is primarily dress down on most of the floors other than the floor our project has hot desks on. I also love my suits, particularly a 3 piece. Aware I look a total moron to the rest of the building who seem incapable of even ironing a t-shirt, but I enjoy a suit so a suit it is.

If only I had the balls to properly dress as I want at work and actually wear my two tone black and white mod shoes alongside the black suit and skinny black tie ala The Jam. 😎

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Posting on your phone. Spend more time correcting the autocorrect than it took to type the post 😩

Another one in the suit camp. As long as it's worn properly. There should be a course for men to go on to teach them how to wear a suit properly and basic do's and dont's.

We are 'smart business' at work but I love getting a suit and tieon whenever I can.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Posting on your phone. Spend more time correcting the autocorrect than it took to type the post 😩
    Sew troo!

Funny how it seems

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Parents that take their kids places then completely ignore them.

More specifically pubs, "there's a seat in the corner for you son, sit there" (beside me) stops me from swearing and using any inappropriate chat I should be perfectly entitled to use in the pub while the dad stands with his pals ignoring the kid.

In a broader sense though the same applies to soft plays, play parks and the like, the amount of times nippy kids pester me when I'm playing with my boy while their parents sit with their back 'to the action' oblivious to what their kids doing drives me nuts.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Newly installed pedestrian crossings on Calder Road, right next to an accessible underpass,,,, what's that all about?
    I'm only peeving because my wife nearly put me through the windscreen as she didn't see it change from green to red as she "wasn't expecting it to be there", but that's a another peeve!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Newly installed pedestrian crossings on Calder Road, right next to an accessible underpass,,,, what's that all about?
    I'm only peeving because my wife nearly put me through the windscreen as she didn't see it change from green to red as she "wasn't expecting it to be there", but that's a another peeve!
    I'd guess because the underpasses can be pretty intimidating places, especially for vulnerable people when it's dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'd guess because the underpasses can be pretty intimidating places, especially for vulnerable people when it's dark.
    That would have been my thought as well. I used to run the gauntlet many a time through them as a youngster, but they're not as bad as they once were.
    Frustratingly though, the authorities rather than fix the problem ignore the route cause and spend what limited money they have on a solution that does not fix the problem. I'm assuming the trolls that dwell beneath the surface haven't just disappeared??

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    The lights are a good idea late at night. However in the rush hour I wait while crowds cross the street and clearly the underpass is less intimidating. Lights should not be on permanently.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I hate how time goes roughly four or five times faster than usual when you play Xbox.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Hotel rooms with poor lighting. Hilton are some of the worst for this, small lamps around the room but no centrally located ceiling light.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    That would have been my thought as well. I used to run the gauntlet many a time through them as a youngster, but they're not as bad as they once were.
    Frustratingly though, the authorities rather than fix the problem ignore the route cause and spend what limited money they have on a solution that does not fix the problem. I'm assuming the trolls that dwell beneath the surface haven't just disappeared??
    Years ago I got off the last bus from Livi to Sighthill, went through the underpass and past a couple of guys about my age (16ish). I used to walk it all the time and knew enough people in the area that I really had no concerns.
    About 2 minutes after I was passing the shops and seen police woman in a car watching me, I wasnt doing anything excpet having a smoke so thought nothing else of it. The guys I passed then shouted me as they followed behind me and shouted somthing. I turned and one started jogging down shouting about a lighter. I took mine out ready to give him a light when police cars from all angles came from no where. A bit taken aback I was huckled up against a fence and searched. Pleading I had done nothing wrong, luckily the police woman confirmed I did appear to be on my own and not with the 3 guys who had followed on.
    It turned out there had been 3 people attacked that night in the area and lo and behold one of the guys had a 2 foot monster of a monkey wrench. Presumably I was to be victim number 4. However I got away lightly and with the folks names who were about to attack
    Not a peeve and totally unrelated, but you can never tell with those underpasses even if you have used and lived in the area for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Hotel rooms with poor lighting. Hilton are some of the worst for this, small lamps around the room but no centrally located ceiling light.
    Also hotel rooms with showers that require an MBA in particle physics to work out how to use them.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Also hotel rooms with showers that require an MBA in particle physics to work out how to use them.
    Been there.

I had one this morning with a fixed glass large door. You have to get in and reach under the fixed shower head to turn it on.
    Don't know how many times I had to jump back from the freezing water until I had sussed out how to set the temp .

Certainly woke me up
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

And microwave ovens!

People who can't shake hands properly and instead offer a sort of limp lettuce leaf instead of a hand and shake with all the conviction of an agrophobic blancmange going bungy jumping.

People who can't shake hands properly and instead offer a sort of limp lettuce leaf instead of a hand and shake with all the conviction of an agrophobic blancmange going bungy jumping.
    Or do the "Trump" hold on for too long for it to be comfortable (or just ignore it altogether)

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Or do the "Trump" hold on for too long for it to be comfortable (or just ignore it altogether)
    Or people like Trudeau who foil your intimidating tuggy alpha-male handshake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03df370d8a29b

Racing commentators who say 4/9 on when they mean 9/4 on or 4/9 when telling you the price of an odds on shot.

The delay in movement of the cars at the front of the queue when traffic lights change to green.