hibs.net Messageboard

Page 78 of 428 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we all used the right hand lane in the correct manner the traffic would queue onto the A1 and cause accidents.

Using the left hand lane too is disobedient to the Highway Code but is good road sense.
    Till they cut in from left after they pass their "correct" exit and hit you (having assumed youd be the one to give way) from the left coz you can't see them.

Luckily witnesses etc did the seeing for me so all good in the end :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Just Alf; 24-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Till they cut in from left after they pass their "correct" exit and hit you (having assumed youd be the one to give way) from the left coz you can't see them.

Luckily witnesses etc did the seeing for me so all good in the end :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thats why I got a dash cam fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No mate don't worry that's not what I meant, that was just the build up. Sorry for the confusion.
    For the record you didn't confuse me. I knew that's what you meant - was just being an erse :)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    For the record you didn't confuse me. I knew that's what you meant - was just being an erse :)
    :-)

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    If we all used the right hand lane in the correct manner the traffic would queue onto the A1 and cause accidents.

Using the left hand lane too is disobedient to the Highway Code but is good road sense.
    In my experience at this slip/RAB the folk that go down the left hand side and go right on to the A720 are doing so in flippant disregard of the rules and do so only to jump the queue. I've seen folk do it when there is only 1 or 2 cars on the RHS, and I've never seen the queue go as far back as the A1, that is not to say it doesn't happen.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    The noise that Peppa Pigs little brother George makes. My wee girl has been watching hours of it every day for weeks and that noise is starting to do my head in.

It's preferable to the noise she makes if I turn it off though I suppose.

Actually, kids tv in general. Apart from a few exceptions it's a big load of ***** these days.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    In my experience at this slip/RAB the folk that go down the left hand side and go right on to the A720 are doing so in flippant disregard of the rules and do so only to jump the queue. I've seen folk do it when there is only 1 or 2 cars on the RHS, and I've never seen the queue go as far back as the A1, that is not to say it doesn't happen.
    Been on it once where it was close. Same time I witnessed the ersehole who did exactly that. Cut the queue. Anyone who is telling themselves they are making the A1 safer is simply lying to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Been on it once where it was close. Same time I witnessed the ersehole who did exactly that. Cut the queue. Anyone who is telling themselves they are making the A1 safer is simply lying to themselves.
    Could it be that they are simply more important than the rest of us. They need to get to where they are going because it is important and their time is very precious. This is especially relevant if you have an expensive car, I mean, why should they have to queue, when clearly they are important.

Junkies who try and 'chat' with you on the bus/at the bus stop, who then act all offended when you don't engage in a full blown conversation with them. Especially when they have no filter and launch into private personal details about their health and/or relationship woes at about 500 decibels. Piss off!

Bus drivers who when changing shift have a 5 minute conversation with each other.

I understand there needs to be a handover but I have somewhere to be and would rather not stand in the cold whilst you and your mate discuss your new car, your cousins guest house and your plans for your day off.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Cars that drive so slowly on dual-carriageways that lorries have to overtake them in the fast lane.

Having just spent the day driving down the A1 - they should be hung after a good bout of water-boarding.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Cars that drive so slowly on dual-carriageways that lorries have to overtake them in the fast lane.

Having just spent the day driving down the A1 - they should be hung after a good bout of water-boarding.

In France, I'm sure that HGVs aren't allowed in the overtaking lanes and the difference it makes to the speed and safety of the roads is night and day to our motorways.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Ikea furniture. Has anyone ever in the history of man hammered the nails in the back board without at least one coming through on the inside? :

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Could it be that they are simply more important than the rest of us. They need to get to where they are going because it is important and their time is very precious. This is especially relevant if you have an expensive car, I mean, why should they have to queue, when clearly they are important.
    Or, are they taxi drivers?
    Just a question.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhibs55 View Post
    Just a question.
    Apparently personalised no. plates gives you licence to do loads of things other punters are not allowed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rodhibs55 View Post
    Just a question.
    Not sure but that would entitle them to more perks such as stopping wherever you like and indicatorless driving. You can apply for them through the 'I drive every day so Ken what's happen on the roads' scheme. 😂

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Not sure but that would entitle them to more perks such as stopping wherever you like and indicatorless driving. You can apply for them through the 'I drive every day so Ken what's happen on the roads' scheme. 😂
    When you hale a taxi, would you be happy if the driver rolled down the window and said I'll get you 200 yards down the road when it's convenient to stop? Or if you phoned a taxi if there was cars parked outside your house, would it be ok with you if the taxi driver phoned and said sorry there's parked cars outside your house I'm at the end of your street.
    Sometimes instead of complaining, we just need to accept that people are just out trying to make a living and get over it
    Peace

United we stand here....

People who always have a go at taxi drivers and would probably open a gig with a joke about them if they were funny enough.

They've probably never even walked a few yards in their shoes, never mind a mile so it's all filed under "clueless" as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    When you hale a taxi, would you be happy if the driver rolled down the window and said I'll get you 200 yards down the road when it's convenient to stop? Or if you phoned a taxi if there was cars parked outside your house, would it be ok with you if the taxi driver phoned and said sorry there's parked cars outside your house I'm at the end of your street.
    Sometimes instead of complaining, we just need to accept that people are just out trying to make a living and get over it
    Peace
    You make a very valid point,however I would expect the driver to use his mirrors, consider other motorists and the flow of traffic. Rather than the all too often idiotic act of brake sharply whilst putting on hazard lights. Sometimes surely you have to tell your passenger sorry I can't stop to drop you off on these double yellows just off the roundabout at the Omni at Leith Street because it's ****** madness!! Happened last week :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You make a very valid point,however I would expect the driver to use his mirrors, consider other motorists and the flow of traffic. Rather than the all too often idiotic act of brake sharply whilst putting on hazard lights. Sometimes surely you have to tell your passenger sorry I can't stop to drop you off on these double yellows just off the roundabout at the Omni at Leith Street because it's ****** madness!! Happened last week :-)
    I often say to people I can't stop here and drive a wee bit further till it's safe to stop. Sometimes people are elderly or disabled and you feel obliged to drop them as close as possible to where they're going.

United we stand here....

Peace
    Thank you for confirming that there is different rules for taxi drivers. 😂 stopping in greenaways and on double red lines is a pain for other road users or public transport users. Even worse is sitting with hazards on or parked in rush hour somewhere like outside fountain court on Queen Street. Total pain for everyone else. If the taxi driver gave a monkeys about anyone else he could have parked in the street round the corner.
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 28-01-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    People who always have a go at taxi drivers and would probably open a gig with a joke about them if they were funny enough.

They've probably never even walked a few yards in their shoes, never mind a mile so it's all filed under "clueless" as far as I'm concerned.
    I trust you are one of the stop anywhere crowd? Justify it how you like mate but rules are rules. If you break them you leave yourself open for criticism. That's the point. There are other people in a hurry going to work etc and blocking lanes etc causes disruption to more folk than you are helping out.

Thank you for confirming that there is different rules for taxi drivers. 😂 stopping in greenaways and on double red lines is a pain for other road users or public transport users. Even worse is sitting with hazards on or parked in rush hour somewhere like outside fountain court on Queen Street. Total pain for everyone else. If the taxi driver gave a monkeys about anyone else he could have parked in the street round the corner.
    You can't drive in the lane outside fountain court on queen street at rush hour time.

United we stand here....

You can't drive in the lane outside fountain court on queen street at rush hour time.
    Eh? Buses/coaches, taxis, motorcyclists, cyclists can and if it's clear it means they don't have to change lanes which in turns causes EVERYBODY else in lane 2 to slow down or stop.

Without turning this thread in to a taxi-driver bashing one, they do seem to stand out from other motorists with what appears to be a very strong two fingered salute attitude towards other road users.
    Without riling the members here that do drive a taxi for a living, there is a significant percentage of drivers out there that carry out manoeuvres that just leave you shaking your head.
    This afternoon I'm driving through the centre of town, I approach Haymarket from the west, there's absolutely NOTHING behind me but a taxi coming from town indicates (shock) then pulls a u-turn right in front of me. This is opposite Roseberry House, where the road is 4 lanes wide but the driver can't get around in one so performs a 3 pointer, I'm now stopped as my path is blocked, bus comes behind her so she can't perform the turn until the bus clears and now she's giving me the dirty look. It probably didn't help that I was laughing at the situation, no point getting aggro! 5 minutes later another taxi performs the exactly same manoeuvre but this time in the mess of a rank that is Market Street. Again, the driver blocks our path but he's at the back of the rank and we have to wait until ALL the taxis shuffle forward one before it's clear to go. The driver shrugged his shoulders towards and again I just laugh at the ridiculous state of affairs.

Whilst taxis are an integral part of the public transport system, these ignorant drivers do not help their cause one iota!

The price of pizzas in some places.

Left to fend for myself tonight so I looked at Pizza Hut and dominoes where large pepperoni pizzas are nearly £18.

Instead, I walked to Aldi and bought a cheap pepperoni one for £1.80. I topped it with chillies, mushrooms, peppers and Parmesan and it tasted better than anything I've ever had delivered. Must have cost me about £3 in total.

I'll drive past dominoes on slateford road tonight and people will be double parked outside because they think that they're getting a bargain when they pay £25 for two pizzas and a wee poke of wedges.

Edit: Thinking about it, it must cost these places about 50p in total for ingredients to make a pizza. Some mark up!
    Last edited by Pete; 28-01-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The price of pizzas in some places.

Left to fend for myself tonight so I looked at Pizza Hut and dominoes where large pepperoni pizzas are nearly £18.

Instead, I walked to Aldi and bought a cheap pepperoni one for £1.80. I topped it with chillies, mushrooms, peppers and Parmesan and it tasted better than anything I've ever had delivered. Must have cost me about £3 in total.

I'll drive past dominoes on slateford road tonight and people will be double parked outside because they think that they're getting a bargain when they pay £25 for two pizzas and a wee poke of wedges.

Edit: Thinking about it, it must cost these places about 50p in total for ingredients to make a pizza. Some mark up!
    The food costs are a good bit higher than 50p mate but still very good mark up on pizzas.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    People that think they're Franz Klammer but in reality have the same elegance, control and appearance as Norman Wisdom.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Tourist that take selfies in the middle of the road then give me the evil eye when I toot my horn at them because they're in the way......