hibs.net Messageboard

Page 73 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 12722

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Folk that are paid a good wage but moan at the price of absolutely everything.

Everything is far too expensive to them but for some reason they think, they themselves are worth the £200 a day in wages they get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    The fact that my wife puts stuff in the fridge in its packaging.
    Packets of 12 yogurts, boxes of individual orange juices , boxes of dairy lee Dunkers etc.
    Everyone takes out the contents but leaves the empty packaging.

Drives me nuts.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Vending machines that don't recognize the coins you put in until the 4th or 5th attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vending machines that don't recognize the coins you put in until the 4th or 5th attempt.
    Ooft! Cannae wait till the new 12 sided pound coin comes out in March - bet that doesn't improve things!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Finding a scrap piece of paper in your wallet with a phone no. on it but with no name. You don't know if it's important or not however, shy off calling it to see who it is.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Finding a scrap piece of paper in your wallet with a phone no. on it but with no name. You don't know if it's important or not however, shy off calling it to see who it is.
    When you pick up when drunk instead of paper, put the number in your phone and take a picture of said person to go along with the number. Then you know who it is, and when the beer goggles come off if its worth pursuing further

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    When the snow plow only does the roads inside the city limits and everyone else starts driving like they've a coffin in the back. Grrrr.

Ponsification of good food. You can't just go for a cooked breakfast anymore, now it has to come with pesto and sour-dough or Turkish pide and ****** quail eggs when all I wanted was a fry-up. Want to grab a muffin? Yup I'd like a pretty simple blueberry one....oh no it's also got berries, cream cheese and home-knitted yoghurt with a hint of...... Just give me the bleedin' normal muffin!!

Ponsification of good food. You can't just go for a cooked breakfast anymore, now it has to come with pesto and sour-dough or Turkish pide and ****** quail eggs when all I wanted was a fry-up. Want to grab a muffin? Yup I'd like a pretty simple blueberry one....oh no it's also got berries, cream cheese and home-knitted yoghurt with a hint of...... Just give me the bleedin' normal muffin!!
    Bloody hell! Your McDonald's is fancier than any McDonald's I've been in!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The same applies to coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The same applies to coffee.
    And cars.
    I'LL put on the headlights when I need them.
    I'LL put on the windscreen wipers and washers when I need them.
    I'LL put on and switch off the interior lights when I need them.
    I'LL put on my safety belt when I'm ready.
    I'LL open all my windows for the dog's sake when I choose not when I unlock the doors, thank you.
    I'LL go onto the updated road reports on the radio when I want and it won't be in the middle of my favourite song.

My car desperately needs a switch that says F.O. and leave me alone to my own devices.

(BTW, I know I can disable some of the above individually. Why can't I just have one master switch?)

As Ozzy Osborne said on one of his shows when he was test-driving his new car.
    (Paraphrasing) "First it's the wife and now my effin car's nagging me!"

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    And cars.
    I'LL put on the headlights when I need them.
    I'LL put on the windscreen wipers and washers when I need them.
    I'LL put on and switch off the interior lights when I need them.
    I'LL put on my safety belt when I'm ready.
    I'LL open all my windows for the dog's sake when I choose not when I unlock the doors, thank you.
    I'LL go onto the updated road reports on the radio when I want and it won't be in the middle of my favourite song.

My car desperately needs a switch that says F.O. and leave me alone to my own devices.

(BTW, I know I can disable some of the above individually. Why can't I just have one master switch?)

As Ozzy Osborne said on one of his shows when he was test-driving his new car.
    (Paraphrasing) "First it's the wife and now my effin car's nagging me!"
    But..........heated seats in the winter are the dogs :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    But..........heated seats in the winter are the dogs :-)
    I prefer to keep mine at room temperature, thank you. Can't speak for the dug's though.
    Last edited by snooky; 05-01-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Getting my company car back and finding the inside looking like someone has mistaken it for a rubbish bin!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Hospital volunteer staff.
    Good grief just let me go to where I am going.
    How long does it take to pour my coffee .

Oooft
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Phoning someone and after many rings you give up and press the hang up button.
    Just as your finger hits the button you hear "Hello" at the other end.

Waiting for a page to load on your pc and it takes longer than usual. You wait and wait then press the 'exit' or "<" key.
    As soon as you do this the page appears on the screen then goes.

You wait for ages in a single long queue at a store checkout/bank/post office .
    When it gets to your turn, they decide to open up another till.

The white gunge that comes out of store bought bacon when you cook it. You start off by frying it and end up boiling it in this putrid foam. It all gets packaged and injected in European countries where it's illegal to sell as their governments wouldn't let their people eat this muck, but our politicians couldn't give a flying one about us so we get the dross no one else would touch.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    The white gunge that comes out of store bought bacon when you cook it. You start off by frying it and end up boiling it in this putrid foam. It all gets packaged and injected in European countries where it's illegal to sell as their governments wouldn't let their people eat this muck, but our politicians couldn't give a flying one about us so we get the dross no one else would touch.
    I buy dry cured bacon, much better. The white stuff comes from bacon cured with brine.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 06-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    The tourist fans last night who go in the wrong stair and get the entire row up instead of walking to the correct entrance...

Folk at concerts who spend the whole time going back and forth to the bar.

much cheaper to just get a carryout and a CD, and saves them disturbing everyone constantly who want to see the gig

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Horse **** on paths. If I'm walking my dog I pick up after her, not just on the path but if she goes in the grass off the side of the path, yet I have to zig zag between piles of horse **** all over the path itself.

I usually walk the dog up corstorphine hill, in the woods, loads of horse ****.

Why is it that it's ok to let your horse **** all over the place, and leave it, but not ok for a dog?

Edinburgh Council. Seriously is there a more incompetent organisation from top to bottom.

A couple of months back my girlfriend needed to get a parking permit. In the 21st century this isn't offered online. She called up and asked if an appointment was required. No, just turn up and it's 1st come 1st served. Great system. She took a morning off work and pitched up. Oh we're far too busy today it's September and loads of students have just arrived, you won't get seen today now. Great system.

Or even better I sent a form to them on 12th December 1st class. I've received no response or even acknowledgement yet. I called them on Friday to check they had received it. After about 10 minutes trying to get the right department the conversation that followed killed a small part of my soul:

'Good afternoon, I sent you a form on 12th December I just want to check you have received it. My names xxxxxxxx and the reference is 123456'

'Sorry I can't advise on an active case by phone'

'I'm not looking for any more info other than whether you have received it'

'I CAN'T comment on an active application'

'Yes but I don't know if it's active as I've received no acknowledgement'

'You'll receive that within 7 working days of us receiving the form'

'It's been more than 7 working days that's why I'm checking'

'Well I can't comment on an active application'

'But I don't know if it is active as I haven't received an acknowledgement'

'Well there's nothing I can do to help you'

'So should I resend the form or is it likely there is a backlog with Christmas'

'I can't advise by phone'

'Ok, I'll assume there's been a problem and resend the form'

'If that's what you wish to do but if we received a duplicate it could cause a problem'

'So you can't tell me you have or haven't received a form but I can't resend in case there's a problem'

'That's correct'

I hang up.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Edinburgh Council. Seriously is there a more incompetent organisation from top to bottom.

A couple of months back my girlfriend needed to get a parking permit. In the 21st century this isn't offered online. She called up and asked if an appointment was required. No, just turn up and it's 1st come 1st served. Great system. She took a morning off work and pitched up. Oh we're far too busy today it's September and loads of students have just arrived, you won't get seen today now. Great system.

Or even better I sent a form to them on 12th December 1st class. I've received no response or even acknowledgement yet. I called them on Friday to check they had received it. After about 10 minutes trying to get the right department the conversation that followed killed a small part of my soul:

'Good afternoon, I sent you a form on 12th December I just want to check you have received it. My names xxxxxxxx and the reference is 123456'

'If that's what you wish to do but if we received a duplicate it could cause a problem'

'So you can't tell me you have or haven't received a form but I can't resend in case there's a problem'

'That's correct'

I hang up.
    Send a complaint by email to whoever is at the top of that chain of command.

That's what I've started doing with my complaints, it gets you a response very quickly. I emailed the CEO at Virgin Media and at Game a few months back. The problems were solved within days.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Horse **** on paths. If I'm walking my dog I pick up after her, not just on the path but if she goes in the grass off the side of the path, yet I have to zig zag between piles of horse **** all over the path itself.

Why is it that it's ok to let your horse **** all over the place, and leave it, but not ok for a dog?
    I brought this up in an earlier post. I was informed that horses' doovers are not as bad as dogs'.
    Just for the record, I don't want either on my shoes or living room carpet.
    Sh-t is Sh-t.

Send a complaint by email to whoever is at the top of that chain of command.

That's what I've started doing with my complaints, it gets you a response very quickly. I emailed the CEO at Virgin Media and at Game a few months back. The problems were solved within days.
    Pretty Boy,

First of all, in defence of the Council staff, their numbers have been decimated and the workload on individuals has increased dramatically.

Secondly, the person you spoke to on the phone acted in a totally unprofessional manner, IMO. Even if they could not help you directly, they should have made a reasonable effort to solve your problem or at least advise you of who could, and provide a contact no. As suggested above, write a letter/email of complaint to the Chief Exec and be sure to copy-in your local Councillor.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

'That's correct'

I hang up.
    It will be of no consolation whatsoever but I can confirm that East Lothian Council are equally inept regarding parking permits.

Handwritten signed forms to be posted to the Head of Transportation?!? Whaaat?!?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Burocracy in general.

My mother died last month and before I could make funeral arrangements I had to get a death certificate. To get a death certificate I had to make an appointment at the Registry Office. To make an appointment at the registry office I had to call them from here in Germany and there's an answering machine that tells you to leave your name and number and they'll call you back. I called 4 different registry offices and left my name and number like I was asked and the answering machines promised me that I'd receive a call before 16:30 that day. The call never came. I later found out that the staff in those offices are not allowed to answer calls outside the UK. WTF?

It's due to Horses having a vegetarian diet - it breaks up pretty quickly and is actually good for the soil.

Dogs, on the other hand, are meat eaters and that's not so good.

Plus, you'd need a shovel and a bin bag if you were picking up after your horse!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    It's due to Horses having a vegetarian diet - it breaks up pretty quickly and is actually good for the soil.

Dogs, on the other hand, are meat eaters and that's not so good.

Plus, you'd need a shovel and a bin bag if you were picking up after your horse!
    It's not on soil. It's on the path.

If that's what they need then they should bring a shovel and bin bag. That's no too heavy for the horse to carry. If these horses were ****ting on the drive of the horse rider, I bet they'd pick that up.

The double standards of taxi drivers ;-).

I had occasion to stop in a taxi rank briefly last week as there was just nowhere else to stop to drop someone off with equipment. The excited cabbie that blew his horn constantly and then got out and came to my window to tell me off didn't like my response of "get a grip pal,you lot stop wherever you like to pick up or drop off, know you know how **** in annoying it is!