hibs.net Messageboard

Page 72 of 428 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk who ask me how I can support two teams, the answer is I don't.
    Supporting a team to me means attending matches on a regular basis. I only support one team and that is Hibs, I do however follow another team very keenly via the TV 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    With new year just around the corner, I get pissed off at this 'new year, new me' pish that people like to spout on social media. If you were an arse in 2016 then I'm afraid you will be an arse in 2017 as well.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Grief junkies.

These are the people that who seem determined to be the 'most sad' about something. Doesn't matter what 'it' is, could be a celebrity dying, a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, their pals pet hamster dying... they are always able to make it about them by posting stuff on social media that essentially says 'LOOK HOW SAD I AM, I'M SO MUCH SADDER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. LOOK AT ME!'.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grief junkies.

These are the people that who seem determined to be the 'most sad' about something. Doesn't matter what 'it' is, could be a celebrity dying, a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, their pals pet hamster dying... they are always able to make it about them by posting stuff on social media that essentially says 'LOOK HOW SAD I AM, I'M SO MUCH SADDER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. LOOK AT ME!'.
    That does my head in as well.

A work one: folk who can't accept hearing that they're not performing and that they need to accept some responsibility for it.

Got one guy at work who storms off (generally after "I can't take this" type comment from him) any time someone tries to discuss his performance.

I'm contemplating doing it the other way next time he asks a question or wants to complain about something.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Grief junkies.

That's a very touchy subject because of the obvious accusations of 'lack of empathy' by attacking someone who is vulnerable at a time of loss. That said, I've never felt the need to light a candle or put flowers at a certain spot when I've lost someone dear. To me, it feels like I'm saying "Please everybody, feel sorry for me". I've always done grief privately and alone.

FWIW, I'm not knocking folk who find some comfort in using the candle and/or flower method, it's just not for me.

Working between Xmas and New Year - it's boring and the office should be shut.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHanlon View Post
    On the flip side I've worked 3 days this week and started later, finished much earlier, been quiet and not had to use any holidays. The boss also bought us an Indian on Wednesday at lunchtime.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Your seatbelt warning going off because of the weight of said McDonald's order on the passenger seat! Ping Ping Ping all the way round to the house.
    You are not taking enough care of your McDonalds!

Grief junkies.

Seems to be much worse in the era of social media where folk think they are super important and everyone cares what they think.

Blog Entries
    Driving through the roadworks with 50 mph limit, on the M74 at 4.15 pm today, ( lighting up time 3.45pm ) I saw 4 different cars going at, at least, 65-70 mph, overtaking on the inside lanes, which are pretty much 'stay in lane situations. One common factor, besides being complete tossers ..... they all had no lights on. What's that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHanlon View Post

All jobs that insist you work between xmas and new year. Family time should come before profit. Never gonna happen tho.
    Last edited by Just Jimmy; 30-12-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Facebook's just an annoyance. Trivial nonsense.

And to think I'm related to half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    '2016 claims another.....'

It's an instant removal from my friends list for abyone using that on Facebook now.
    I'd strongly recommend Giles Coren's column in The Times today. He roasts this exact phenomenon with all the disdain it merits.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    All the reflective social media posts at the moment "only people closest to me knows how challenging a year it's been blah blah blah" everyone has had challenges in their year but most don't feel the need to grab attention over it, delete delete delete, my first cull if a new year has begun

This trend to label 2016 as one of the worst years ever.

The bottom line is that nothing really happened to make it worse than any other year other than a few more celebrities dying.

No offence but you didn't know George Michael, Lemmy or Prince personally so put things in perspective please and ask yourself why you're so distraught.

Folk who sign greetings cards from their pet.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 01-01-2017 at 04:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    New Year programmes that have bands on playing some obscure song that has no relation to new year festivities.
    Where's "A Wee Cock Sparra" and it's likes these days?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Teenage sons.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Doing a shop and the missus takes one bag in, usually the one with whatever munchies she got, then leaves me struggling with bairn and making 3 trips for the rest of the bags. (Half of which is bottles of flavoured water and tins all loose as asking for another bag after already getting 5 is just too difficult)
    When you say anything it's a tirade of abuse about how they are unpacking , but ye really Ken they are stuffing their face wi whatever was in said bag and watching you from the window!!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Thick people. When did being thick become a virtue?

@hibs.net private member
    Teenage sons.
    Teenage daughters.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I think it was shortly after Jade Goody became a millionaire.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Teenage daughters.
    I've got that to look forward to.

The boy's like Kevin and Perry the now though.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think it was shortly after Jade Goody became a millionaire.
    For the first time ever I'm watching "Friends" on Netflix and I put the blame on them.

@hibs.net private member
    For the first time ever I'm watching "Friends" on Netflix and I put the blame on them.
    Maybe. They started the "oh. my. god" stuff as well.

See further up the thread for that pet peeve.

We have a winner!

It wasn't until I read this that I remembered how much the glorification of being stupid annoys me. Quiz shows in particular - who goes on a quiz show when they clearly don't know anything other than the latest celeb gossip?

Then there is the classic answer of "that's before my time" - well guess what, most of history was before everyone's time, it's not an excuse to know nothing.

Then there's the idiots making a career out of being stupid and perpetuating the idea that it's a good thing - I'd shoot Joey Essex, or at least make sure he's never allowed on TV again.

I do feel better getting that off my chest - what a fine thread this is.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    We have a winner!

It wasn't until I read this that I remembered how much the glorification of being stupid annoys me. Quiz shows in particular - who goes on a quiz show when they clearly don't know anything other than the latest celeb gossip?

Then there is the classic answer of "that's before my time" - well guess what, most of history was before everyone's time, it's not an excuse to know nothing.

Then there's the idiots making a career out of being stupid and perpetuating the idea that it's a good thing - I'd shoot Joey Essex, or at least make sure he's never allowed on TV again.

This. I hate the laziness of that answer.

as an aside, I know a hearts fan who took great annoyance when I would bring up 0-7, on the basis of the fact that it happened before I was born. They didn't have much of an answer when I pointed out that Hibs' previous Scottish Cup win happened before they were born, so why did they talk about that

I've got that to look forward to.

The boy's like Kevin and Perry the now though.
    Can't be they live in my house with a sister who makes them seem almost normal.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    We have a winner!

I think the answer of "that's before my time" is sometimes pretty relevant. Ask my son about 70's
    TV programmes or similar music and he has never heard or seen them so is quite a relevant answer. History and other historic achievements are taught and often read about, where as the name of the budgie that George Roper had isn't.

Testimonial Due
    People who still use the old text speak when sending messages. U no wat I mean m8?