hibs.net Messageboard

Page 71 of 428 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    People who accelarate through Tescos car park at a ridiculous speed on the busiest shopping day of the year just because they can't get a space, it's pishing with rain, it's really busy, they're frustrated at having to do Xmas food shopping and they're plain erseholes.

Could only have been a jambo or a hun by his features.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got 2 folk in my office who seem to think the last week at work before Christmas is like being back at school. Just turn up and piss about until it's the holidays.

I could half understand it if they were teenagers, but they're both over 50.

I've lost track of how many times I've been asked what I'm doing, or told I should just leave that til January. Naw...I'll have other work to do in January!
    My work is the same, I've just been handed a Christmas Quiz to make the day more fun and Christmasy, aye great I have the same amount of work to do as usual but 2 less hours to do it in, I will just get my feet up and do your quiz

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who dismiss every new idea as "it won't work" "takes too long" "why change". It does my nut in and happens regularly at management meetings. What the objectors really mean is they can't be ersed if it means they might have to work for a change and suffer a little disruption as something new is implemented. Some of the reasons for objection are laughable and one person has the stock answer for every single suggestion that has ever been put forward "tried that at my last work"
    Would you believe there is a whole school of thought around this subject. Can't remember the exact percentages but only the first 8 or so manage to push through changes, pioneers they are, the early bloomers followed by late bloomers, then the resistant folk who just can't handle change. Despite my post it is quite interesting reading!

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newPPM_82.htm
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 23-12-2016 at 10:57 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Would you believe there is a whole school of thought around this subject. Can't remember the exact percentages but only the first 8 or so manage to push through changes, pioneers they are, the early bloomers followed by late bloomers, then the resistant folk who just can't handle change. Despite my post it is quite interesting reading!

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newPPM_82.htm
    At my old work they appointed 3 "change managers" in January and all resigned by the end of the summer because senior management wouldn't take on the changes they proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    At my old work they appointed 3 "change managers" in January and all resigned by the end of the summer because senior management wouldn't take on the changes they proposed.
    If you have time watch this video, possibly explain something why they failed to see the changes through.

https://youtu.be/u4ZoJKF_VuA

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I've got 2 folk in my office who seem to think the last week at work before Christmas is like being back at school. Just turn up and piss about until it's the holidays.

I could half understand it if they were teenagers, but they're both over 50.

I've lost track of how many times I've been asked what I'm doing, or told I should just leave that til January. Naw...I'll have other work to do in January!
    Send them to me. I'll put them to work in hospitality. I'm sure they'll enjoy our busiest 2 weeks of the year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Turkey leftovers, don't want to see another piece in my life.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Folk queuing from 2am to be first in the shop for the sales. Whats that all about??

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Folk queuing from 2am to be first in the shop for the sales. Whats that all about??
    The same with folk that drive 20 miles to get petrol 2p/ltr cheaper than their local garage.

@hibs.net private member

Buffoons

Those who cannot drink without becoming the centre of attention by shouting and talking nonsense.

I am not talking about the Christmas drinker but the habitual toper who, actually, cannot drink!

They are everywhere in my local bar. Unfortunately there is no alternative out here.

People who live in new builds and moan about more new builds. Was down at the girlfriends parents for Christmas and got speaking to a friend of her dads. '300 new builds going up next year in the village. Schools full, GPs is full, dentist is full. Bus service is poor, roads are a mess. It's a disgrace, too many in the village as it is'.

He moved to the village into a brand new house less than 18 months ago after moving from a city. I don't even fundementally disagree with his point but he's not really in the best position to make it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Someone tailgating you when you have meals from McDonald's balancing on your passenger seat.

Office air conditioning. It's ******' freezing in my work today and my throat is getting dry and scratchy. But they have to keep it at this setting as "the part of the building that gets the sun gets really warm". That'll be the Exec's offices. So the rest of us have to suffer so 6 or 7 bloated pwicks can be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who live in new builds and moan about more new builds. Was down at the girlfriends parents for Christmas and got speaking to a friend of her dads. '300 new builds going up next year in the village. Schools full, GPs is full, dentist is full. Bus service is poor, roads are a mess. It's a disgrace, too many in the village as it is'.

He moved to the village into a brand new house less than 18 months ago after moving from a city. I don't even fundementally disagree with his point but he's not really in the best position to make it.
    Similarly....
    People who buy "The Old Station House" then complain about the noise of the trains.
    People who buy "The Steading" then complain about the farmyard smells.
    People who buy "The Boathouse Cottage" then complain about flooding.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Someone tailgating you when you have meals from McDonald's balancing on your passenger seat.
    Your seatbelt warning going off because of the weight of said McDonald's order on the passenger seat! Ping Ping Ping all the way round to the house.

Another pet hate (can't remember if this has been mentioned already), hugging and that at Christmas/New Year, especially at work.

I'm not the best for cuddling folk at the best of times (immediate family aside) but I hate a colleague cuddling. I'm dead awkward with it!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    People who manage to obtain all the utilities quickly in Monopoly.
    Pricks
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Similarly....
    People who buy "The Old Station House" then complain about the noise of the trains.
    People who buy "The Steading" then complain about the farmyard smells.
    People who buy "The Boathouse Cottage" then complain about flooding.
    People who buy a house on a golf course and then complain about the odd golf ball landing in the garden

People hho buy near an airport then moan about the planes!

People hho buy near an airport then moan about the planes!
    People who can't use a touch type keyboard very well😂

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Your seatbelt warning going off because of the weight of said McDonald's order on the passenger seat! Ping Ping Ping all the way round to the house.
    I'm going to assume that you either have a very big family or a very sensitive car seat. :-D

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Folk that claim to itk when it comes to transfers but actually know hee haw.....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The amount of hours shops and supermarkets stay open.

Testimonial Due
    When a supermarket only sells something in a pack of 2 but you only want 1.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    When a supermarket only sells something in a pack of 2 but you only want 1.
    The fact that in this current day and age where there is a drive to reduce alcohol consumption you can't buy single cans of beer.

Who buys a single can you may ask. Sometimes 4 just won't cut it but 8 is going over the score. Being able to buy 1 or 2 more would avoid me buying extras that sit in the fridge catching my eye every time I open the door. 😵

Testimonial Due
    The fact that in this current day and age where there is a drive to reduce alcohol consumption you can't buy single cans of beer.

Who buys a single can you may ask. Sometimes 4 just won't cut it but 8 is going over the score. Being able to buy 1 or 2 more would avoid me buying extras that sit in the fridge catching my eye every time I open the door. 😵
    I have no problem with extra beer

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm going to assume that you either have a very big family or a very sensitive car seat. :-D
    Em.... a bit of both

People blaming a year for folk dying is another one. 2016 isn't to blame for old celebrities (or even some young ones) passing away.

There will be lots of deaths in 2017 as well, folks.

Also, people who use the phrase "that's enough now" when discussing celebrity deaths on Facebook and that. When you consider the issues in an alternative world where having a worldwide population that suddenly becomes immortal (because death has had enough) would present...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I'm sure the Grim Reaper will squeeze in another couple of celebs before the New Year.
    (Assuming of course he uses the Gregorian Calendar like everybody else).

They are even adding a 'leap' second to 2016 to help any stragglers. Ain't that thoughtful?
    Last edited by snooky; 30-12-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Testimonial Due
    People blaming a year for folk dying is another one. 2016 isn't to blame for old celebrities (or even some young ones) passing away.

Been looking for a way to put this into words without sounding like a ****, thank you 😂
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 29-12-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Em.... a bit of both

Also, people who use the phrase "that's enough now" when discussing celebrity deaths on Facebook and that. When you consider the issues in an alternative world where having a worldwide population that suddenly becomes immortal (because death has had enough) would present...
    '2016 claims another.....'

It's an instant removal from my friends list for abyone using that on Facebook now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Folk that claim to itk when it comes to transfers but actually know hee haw.....
    Folk that complain about itk information which they know to be a lot of rumoured nonsense.