hibs.net Messageboard

Page 67 of 425 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 12725

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

'Touch base'.

Girl in my work uses this phrase about 10 times a day. Nonsensical business speak used by people to make themselves sound important.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    "Laters" another phrase that does my head in.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye it'd be a shame, but incurable condition or not...I dinnae want to have to smell it.
    I'll add to that - in your face people. I don't want to smell what you had for your tea last night, just speak to me at a normal distance. Yeuch.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Touch base'.

Girl in my work uses this phrase about 10 times a day. Nonsensical business speak used by people to make themselves sound important.
    Why not try touching her base and see how you get on

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    They guy on my bus who has two kids with him aged about 5 and 6, it's the condescending way he's talking to them, they aren't doing anything bad but you'd think they had just invaded Poland the way he's going on, if my dad had such a whiny voice as this prick I'd have topped him years ago

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Selfish people. Waiting to get on a flight earlier and we were bussed out to aircraft, we were waiting on the punters getting off it and bussed back to the terminal and there was this one woman just standing on the tarmac not getting on the bus and she was clearly distressed, it actually y turns out she was scared of being in big crowds as the bus was full and standing. Anyway some idiot on our bus and decides to pipe up and shouts this is ridiculous just arrest her and get it over with I need to get home! I said to him arrest her for what? Being scared?? Absolute clown of a man.

The same idiot tried to barge past me at Edinburgh airport at the other end as we were bussed to the terminal there too, He bounced off my bag and stumbled onto the tarmac from the bus. I thought it was his just desserts to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Selfish people. Waiting to get on a flight earlier and we were bussed out to aircraft, we were waiting on the punters getting off it and bussed back to the terminal and there was this one woman just standing on the tarmac not getting on the bus and she was clearly distressed, it actually y turns out she was scared of being in big crowds as the bus was full and standing. Anyway some idiot on our bus and decides to pipe up and shouts this is ridiculous just arrest her and get it over with I need to get home! I said to him arrest her for what? Being scared?? Absolute clown of a man.

The same idiot tried to barge past me at Edinburgh airport at the other end as we were bussed to the terminal there too, He bounced off my bag and stumbled onto the tarmac from the bus. I thought it was his just desserts to be honest.
    Typical day tripper behaviour.

People who say happy Christmas instead of merry Christmas

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Typical day tripper behaviour.

People who scoff at chilling red wine. They state should always be served at room temperature when in fact room temperature is no guide at all as it has changed dramatically over the years. Have your wine as you like it not as some wine snob suggests you should.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who scoff at chilling red wine. They state should always be served at room temperature when in fact room temperature is no guide at all as it has changed dramatically over the years. Have your wine as you like it not as some wine snob suggests you should.
    Especially when it's a sparkling Shiraz,,,,

That block of Lurpak butter you cant spread, I've just destroyed 2 morning rolls having a battle with that butter!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    People who say happy Christmas instead of merry Christmas

People who like Christmas.

Queue jumpers or folk that think having a friend in tbe queue allows them to join the queue next to their friend.

Now that pisses me off no end, especially in the pub or at the pie stall usually at away games....

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Buckfast especially benefits from being chilled. Wine snobs can make of that whatever they want. Then they can GTF

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I once had a great confrontation with a woman in the tesco down easter road.

My other half was in the shop with our then 8 month old, he was in one of these baby carriers that clips into the seat of the car, or rmeoves with the handle for carrying.

Any way I dropped her off at the shops, baby holder in the trolly and off she went to do some shopping. I then went to ( I think pick up hibs tickets ) and zoomed back down, I parked in the child space and proceeded to go in the shop. Just as I got started walking some big bolshy bitch stopped me and said, excuse me do you know you have parked in the child spaces? I looked round at my car and said yes i do thanks, and went to carry on. she stopped me and said, well arent you going to move? I said no, and again proceeded to walk into the shop. She then hit me with a tirade of selfish this, arrogant effing and blinding etc. i had a chuckle and went into the shop. To my delight she was still standing by my car when I came out, presumably to give me more abuse. I wish I could have taken a picture of her face as i carried my sons seat holder with him sleeping in it to the car, I didnt even need to say anything just gave her a nice wee smile as she sheepishly walked away.

Did you know any one can park in those spaces. It is just a courtesy thing provided by the shops themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Did you know any one can park in those spaces. It is just a courtesy thing provided by the shops themselves.
    Yes use them all the time with my 22 year old son :-)

People who see you reversing out of a car park space in a supermarket but continue to walk behind your car regardless.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    People who see you reversing out of a car park space in a supermarket but continue to walk behind your car regardless.

Exactly! And then deliberately get run over when you don't see them in your mirror

People who continue reversing out of their space when you are clearly walking behind their car. Pedestrians have right of way so I am not sure why they do this.
    😁
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    People who continue reversing out of their space when you are clearly walking behind their car. Pedestrians have right of way so I am not sure why they do this.
    😁
    😂
    Because pedestrians only have right of way if they have started to walk behind your car before you have reversed otherwise they should give way to you.

Driving in town last night, saw three cyclists (at different locations) on the road with no lights.
    Get a grip, FFS.

Nigella Lawson.

Seriously just a ****ing waste of space. Watching a programme with her in it at the moment prancing about dropping double entendres that would have been embarrassingly dated in the 70s. Add to that her ridiculously out of touch concept about what 'store cupboard essentials' are (preserved lemons and amaretti biscuits anyone?).

Her Dads a **** as well
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Because pedestrians only have right of way if they have started to walk behind your car before you have reversed otherwise they should give way to you.
    Should they? The law might disagree with you.
    I generally operate on common sense,,,, but it's not that common these days.
    So the default position is the highway code (a guidebook for road users) that doesn't apply to private off road situations like car parks,,,, then there's the actual LAW.
    Now, if a car is reversing, and a pedestrian walks behind them, the car MUST stop. I wouldn't walk behind a car with reversing lights on, you might not also, but some idiots do, it's a dick move, the law protects the vulnerable, the stupid and quite obviously the dicks!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    So the default position is the highway code (a guidebook for road users) that doesn't apply to private off road situations like car parks,,,, then there's the actual LAW.
    Now, if a car is reversing, and a pedestrian walks behind them, the car MUST stop. I wouldn't walk behind a car with reversing lights on, you might not also, but some idiots do, it's a dick move, the law protects the vulnerable, the stupid and quite obviously the dicks!
    Of course otherwise the law would be advocating you not stopping and running them over lol. My point is that pedestrians should give way to a vehicle that has already begun a manoeuvre. On another note I have often sped up when a hardman with a swagger has deliberately walked slowly across my path. Doesn't half make them move quicker :-)

Of course otherwise the law would be advocating you not stopping and running them over lol. My point is that pedestrians should give way to a vehicle that has already begun a manoeuvre. On another note I have often sped up when a hardman with a swagger has deliberately walked slowly across my path. Doesn't half make them move quicker :-)
    I was coming out of a junction the other day, when 3 student lay about types decided they had something important on that meant they must cross that junction at that exact time.

I waited until twat A was level with front of the car and blasted my horn, he promptly dropped his frappa, cappa, pretentious twat coffee and shat himself. Running for the safety of the kerb.

I missed the gap in the traffic due to struggling to catch my breath laughing at him. Worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post

That's the big problem with the law it has to cover everything for the lowest intelligence of the species.

e.g. Having to put a sign on a camper van stating that changing the vehicle to 'cruise control' means you have to stay at the wheel. Some numptie did this and went into the back to make a cup of coffee. The camper crashed and the company was forced to replace it because there was nothing to explain what cruise control actually meant.

I mean, FFS - where do you stop accommodating the gormless?
    Last edited by snooky; 10-12-2016 at 03:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    [/B]

That's the big problem with the law it has to cover everything for the lowest intelligence of the species.

e.g. Having to put a sign on a camper van stating that changing the vehicle to 'cruise control' means you have to stay at the wheel. Some numptie did this and went into the back to make a cup of coffee. The camper crashed and the company was forced to replace it because there was nothing to explain what cruise control actually meant.

I mean, FFS - where do you stop accommodating the gormless?
    Hahaha.....you might want to start with those who believe urban myths. 😀

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...lawsuit-claims

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Hahaha.....you might want to start with those who believe urban myths. ��

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...lawsuit-claims

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I suspected that the story was a myth, CWG but the truth is, it wouldn't surprise me one iota if it had actually happened. Such is my faith in my fellow human beings, e.g. just think 'Trump'. I'm sure him being the new Prez could well just be another hoax.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Yes use them all the time with my 22 year old son :-)
    How many at a time though?