hibs.net Messageboard

Page 65 of 427 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone should park over 2 spaces. Would love to see you reaction when there's no space to abandon your motor.
    As I said in a previous post, I would park in a single space. There would be plenty room between all of the cars taking 2 spaces.😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Back on to pet peeves about fashionable ways of replying to a question. The last one I highlighted was the excessive and unnecessary use of 'so' at the start of a sentence in answer to a question. The one that bugs me now is the annoying use of 'you know what, ....... '.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    My postie getting angry when I show up at the door completely naked.

Mainly because it scares his wife and kids and his neighbours complain about it.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

'Christmas Eve boxes'.

When I was a child I used to beg to open a present early but wasn't allowed to because you wait until morning. That was normal and with hindsight totally fair.

Now all the mums I know are buying their kids extra presents to open in a box on Christmas Eve, a few of these people are struggling at Christmas as it is and are putting more pressure on themselves to keep up with the playground mafia.

I'm anything but a scrooge, I love Christmas and the time around it but this is just another made up 'tradition'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If someone parks across 2 bays surely the easy solution to 'get it up them' is just to do likewise by parking in half the bay they are already using and half the next one?

That way you are just as close as you would be had they parked properly and they can't really have any complaints as you have only done the same as them.
    Think it might be the chicken or egg question. Did the person park like a Twatt because he's a Twatt or did some Twatt force him to park that way because they parked like a Twatt?

Scottish bathroom sinks. WTF!! One tap has water so cold that your fingers snap off if you rub them together after using it and the other one leaves you looking like Nicky Lauder if you dare to touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    the other one leaves you looking like Nicky Lauder if you dare to touch it.
    One for the teenagers there!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Scottish bathroom sinks. WTF!! One tap has water so cold that your fingers snap off if you rub them together after using it and the other one leaves you looking like Nicky Lauder if you dare to touch it.
    Is that Estee's sister?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    'Christmas Eve boxes'.

When I was a child I used to beg to open a present early but wasn't allowed to because you wait until morning. That was normal and with hindsight totally fair.

Now all the mums I know are buying their kids extra presents to open in a box on Christmas Eve, a few of these people are struggling at Christmas as it is and are putting more pressure on themselves to keep up with the playground mafia.

I'm anything but a scrooge, I love Christmas and the time around it but this is just another made up 'tradition'.
    Christmas has disappeared up its own arse now. It's brutal.

We went to the Street of Light display last night, came back to Dunfermline and I reckon half the houses round our bit are trying to out-do Edinburgh on their own.

I swear we're going to get planes landing in our street soon as they mistake it for a ******' runway.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It's time to reclaim Christmas from November and bring it back to December. As for Christmas Eve boxes WTF just like school proms and all the other peer pressure events it needs to stop but it won't sadly.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    'Christmas Eve boxes'.

When I was a kid, our next door neighbours used to give me a book every Christmas (ie. a different one every year). The neighbours were good people and it was always one of the presents I looked forward to most. For whatever reason, I was allowed to open their present before going to bed on Christmas Eve (the same for their kids with my parents' presents). I've no idea how this mini tradition started, but I don't see the harm in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Is that Estee's sister?
    Apologies for the typing errors but I'd just been to the gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When I was a kid, our next door neighbours used to give me a book every Christmas (ie. a different one every year). The neighbours were good people and it was always one of the presents I looked forward to most. For whatever reason, I was allowed to open their present before going to bed on Christmas Eve (the same for their kids with my parents' presents). I've no idea how this mini tradition started, but I don't see the harm in it.
    Yes agreed but you are talking about a tradition in your family regarding a present from a neighbour. Very different to the now trendy fashion of kids getting presents to open on Christmas eve in an organised fashion that has them almost competing with their friends and putting added pressure on parents.

@hibs.net private member
    'Christmas Eve boxes'.

Never heard of this. What a bag of *****.

@hibs.net private member
    Folk saying "oh my god" for no reason. Just watching I'm a celebrity and it's close to being said in the hundreds in this episode alone.

If you've got nothing to say, say nothing.

"Literally" took a back seat tonight.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 04-12-2016 at 09:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yes agreed but you are talking about a tradition in your family regarding a present from a neighbour. Very different to the now trendy fashion of kids getting presents to open on Christmas eve in an organised fashion that has them almost competing with their friends and putting added pressure on parents.
    In the same vein, the invention of new 'Days' for cards (probably instigated by some dastardly scoundrel at Hallmark).e.g. Boss's Day/Secretary's Day/Any Buggar's Day ... and so on.
    Last edited by snooky; 05-12-2016 at 10:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Rushing out to the car in the morning, running late to discover that the windows are frosted over.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think someone across here has been reading this thread.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk who sit in the overtaking lane on the motorway but drive at 40mph when the road ahead is clear. Absolute fuds.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

People travelling on trains who have no consideration or manners towards other passengers and are totally oblivious to how their behavior is pissing everyone else off. (3 Mums, 1 Teenager & 3 Young girls travelling to Blackpool for a dance competition on the 16.52 from Waverley on Friday night)

@hibs.net private member
    People travelling on trains who have no consideration or manners towards other passengers and are totally oblivious to how their behavior is pissing everyone else off. (3 Mums, 1 Teenager & 3 Young girls travelling to Blackpool for a dance competition on the 16.52 from Waverley on Friday night)

Did they all take 2 seats each?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Beat me too.it!

No.use without details!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    :
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

No they arrived carrying large cardboard boxes, carrier bags,cases and tons of other stuff they could hardly carry without banging in to everyone. Then proceeded to drink,sing, swear, talk about their sex lives and turn up the music louder when someone asked them to keep the noise down. Fed their kids with tons of crisps,sweets,juice while they downed tbeir vodka and used the word **** in every sentence. When they finally left at Preston it looked like a tsunami had hit their section of the carriage. Apart from that they were charming, I never got round to asking how they park their cars:-)

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    No they arrived carrying large cardboard boxes, carrier bags,cases and tons of other stuff they could hardly carry without banging in to everyone. Then proceeded to drink,sing, swear, talk about their sex lives and turn up the music louder when someone asked them to keep the noise down. Fed their kids with tons of crisps,sweets,juice while they downed tbeir vodka and used the word **** in every sentence. When they finally left at Preston it looked like a tsunami had hit their section of the carriage. Apart from that they were charming, I never got round to asking how they park their cars:-)
    Where's the Fat Controller when you need him, eh?

@hibs.net private member
    They sound charming. I bet they take 2 parking spaces per car - definitely sound the type.

With regard to taking two car park spaces,folk will be pleased to know I have found an alternative solution.
    The disabled spaces with the cross hatching allowing a big gap between cars alleviate my previous concerns of door damage. Problem solved......next.

@hibs.net private member
    With regard to taking two car park spaces,folk will be pleased to know I have found an alternative solution.
    The disabled spaces with the cross hatching allowing a big gap between cars alleviate my previous concerns of door damage. Problem solved......next.

Just use the father and son space, even if he is 17 and driving you.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I had a few in one go yesterday when a lad (who turned out to be a charity worker) rang my doorbell.

"Alright bud! Havin a cheeky wee day off are we?"

Aaaaarggh!!