hibs.net Messageboard

Page 62 of 429 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 12848

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grown adults who wear wooly hats with animal ears or eyes etc

Fools who were cargo shorts and a t shirt outside in winter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    When someone says they will 'reach out' to you. Pretty common in America but I'm starting to see people over here use it as well.
    Up there with this years new corporate Americanism "call out".

Used to be something you did to request the services of a plumber, doctor, electrician etc, now seems to be the new way of proclaiming something in public whether good or not, and taking no responsibilty for fixing it.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Maybe this has been peeved about before (& if it was, it was probably me ).

Store check-out personnel who carry on conversations with the pal they are serving, purposely slowing the whole operation down so they can continue their chat while there's a queue of folk waiting to be dealt with.
    Once their friend finally leaves, they add insult to injury by saying (with a cheesy smile) "Sorry for the wait".

Happened to me AGAIN today in Morrisons at Gilmerton.
    Last edited by snooky; 29-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but tailgaters have really been getting on my nerves recently. Yesterday, I was driving home from Newcastle via Galashiels on the A167. There was 2 cars ahead of me driving at a decent enough speed that I felt no need to overtake them, especially given that the A167 is a long and winding single track road. A driver then came out of nowhere and started tailgating me. I really can't get my head around why anyone would want to do this in such a situation. It was impossible for me to go any faster and the cars ahead were driving at a good speed for that road. Do they realise that it's 100% their fault if I have to slam in the brakes and they go into the back of me? Or do they somewhow think that would be my fault? I started signalling to her in my rear view mirrors to back off, which she did for about 10 minutes before starting again. She then overtook me at a really bad spot just before a bend which could've easily ended in tears. She then proceeded to tailgate the car in front of me, then the one in front of that. I really do wonder how these people got a license to drive. My brother was involved in an accident just last week when a tailgater went into the back of him as well.
    This. Putting other people's lives at risk, and rely on other drivers skill to save their own lives. Morons

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Corstorphine Tesco, has been completely rejigged with the whole electrical dept moving downstairs to allow room for Top Shop/Burton etc and every other stock item has moved also. I can't find anything just now.
    Ditto....it's all over the place. Went on the great Toilet roll hunt and of course they are now next to the freezer section.

Corstorphine Tesco, has been completely rejigged with the whole electrical dept moving downstairs to allow room for Top Shop/Burton etc and every other stock item has moved also. I can't find anything just now.

It's outrageous. I ventured upstairs for a look and it was probably the worst experience in my life. Well.......not quite....

The word Bae..... what even is that?

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Ditto....it's all over the place. Went on the great Toilet roll hunt and of course they are now next to the freezer section.
    Sounds like they've been taking a leaf out of the Swiss supermarket layout A-Z. Eggs next to the home ware? Aye, why not. Non refrigerated juice on a different FLOOR (?!?) to refrigerated juice? Makes sense.

Selfish parkers. One car parked in the middle of two spaces, Always seems to be the case when I visit Mrs Crab at her place.

You tube ads you can't skip!!!

People who you have to chase for days to get an answer from.

I run a football team, every Monday I put a message in our whatsapp group advising of details of the game for the following week and ask everyone to let me know availability. You can guarantee the same 8 or 9 reply within an hour each week and then the rest of the week is spent chasing the other half who have read the message and obviously just can't be ersed replying.

Likewise at work. Chasing a supllier for a delivery date or similar. I'm a supplier as well so I'm quite generous with time but if I've not heard after 3 hours then I'm phoning back. You can always tell the people who have either done **** all about it or worse those who just aren't answering because it's bad news. Bad news will annoy me, bad news delivered 36 hours after you knew about it is far, far worse.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Selfish parkers. One car parked in the middle of two spaces, Always seems to be the case when I visit Mrs Crab at her place.
    Often park like that deliberately to prevent erses damaging car doors.

Blog Entries
    TV folk using Americanisms such as 'the top of the show', when they mean 'the beginning of the show'.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    TV folk using Americanisms such as 'the top of the show', when they mean 'the beginning of the show'.
    That's actually an old theatre and musicians' expression, common in this country for decades. It derives from the notion that the "top" of the script or sheet music is where it starts.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    That's actually an old theatre and musicians' expression, common in this country for decades. It derives from the notion that the "top" of the script or sheet music is where it starts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Still sounds like an Americanism. Try another then ......... the shortening of meeting to 'meet' as in athletics meeting or swimming meeting. Tell me I'm wrong again and I'll shut up.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Still sounds like an Americanism. Try another then ......... the shortening of meeting to 'meet' as in athletics meeting or swimming meeting. Tell me I'm wrong again and I'll shut up.
    I always thought that was a London/cockney thing.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I always thought that was a London/cockney thing.
    Poor Jimm44 .

No worries, Jim. I suggest you post "Y'awl" next (although for all I know, it's probably originally an Ayrshire expression)

@hibs.net private member
    Can I just do a shout out / can I have a shot out to...

No one shouts when doing it though?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Probably mentioned elsewhere - people that don't think that the rules apply to them for some reason. Case in point - this morning, woman (gobby sort) has two dogs in the school playground, she's had to take them inside through a 'tunnel' past at least two 'no dogs' signs, and several dogs tied up outside to get them in. There's a one-way exit system as well for getting out the playground, guess who goes against the flow?

The school also created a drop-off point in the car park as it's too small to accomodate everyone parking, the idea being that folk can drop off then exit the car park, which would be fine if people didn't just park their cars in that area as well. WTF is wrong with these people?
    This "school" thing is nipping my tattie just now, I've elected to walk to work recently in an attempt to get healthy as I used to cycle but very little effort was required.
    So, we've got parents parking on the yellow zig-zags (screw any other kids).
    We've got parents that congregate outside the school gate blocking the pavement but pedestrians can't pass by stepping off the kerb as there is a fence to stop the brats (sorry, pupils) running out of school and on to the road.
    You've got the parents that walk side by side whilst talking and won't go single file on the narrow path to allow others to pass.
    You've got parents, like before, but walking with pushchairs, buggies, prams side by side and creating a blockade.
    Then we have a phantom dog walker that's allowing their dog to foul the path near the school, with the busy paths it's nigh on impossible to spot the K9 laid land mines and the kids traipse through, or worse, fly through with their scooters leaving a skid mark the length of the street!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This "school" thing is nipping my tattie just now, I've elected to walk to work recently in an attempt to get healthy as I used to cycle but very little effort was required.
    So, we've got parents parking on the yellow zig-zags (screw any other kids).
    We've got parents that congregate outside the school gate blocking the pavement but pedestrians can't pass by stepping off the kerb as there is a fence to stop the brats (sorry, pupils) running out of school and on to the road.
    You've got the parents that walk side by side whilst talking and won't go single file on the narrow path to allow others to pass.
    You've got parents, like before, but walking with pushchairs, buggies, prams side by side and creating a blockade.
    Then we have a phantom dog walker that's allowing their dog to foul the path near the school, with the busy paths it's nigh on impossible to spot the K9 laid land mines and the kids traipse through, or worse, fly through with their scooters leaving a skid mark the length of the street!
    I've just spent the last 5 minutes howling with laughter at that and couldn't hold it together when i was reading it to Mrs Crab. Brilliant!!!!

My Mrs is guilty of this because when we got a new car she didn't want the doors to end up all bashed by selfish folk in carparks like the last car did. We also had the bumper partially ripped off by some kind driver who failed to leave their details. So I suppose that could be a pet hate too, people who knowingly cause damage to others property and don't own up.

Often park like that deliberately to prevent erses damaging car doors.
    😂😉

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    I've just spent the last 5 minutes howling with laughter at that and couldn't hold it together when i was reading it to Mrs Crab. Brilliant!!!!
    The most enthusiastic, animated post you've ever made and it's all because of the thought of other people's kids getting covered in dog *****

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The word Bae..... what even is that?
    that's brutal.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    My Mrs is guilty of this because when we got a new car she didn't want the doors to end up all bashed by selfish folk in carparks like the last car did. We also had the bumper partially ripped off by some kind driver who failed to leave their details. So I suppose that could be a pet hate too, people who knowingly cause damage to others property and don't own up.
    I get why folk do it I just don't understand why if it's so important they can't park a bit further away to the quiet bit of the car park so they're not under threat.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I get why folk do it I just don't understand why if it's so important they can't park a bit further away to the quiet bit of the car park so they're not under threat.
    Sometimes the car park is too busy though also when it is relatively empty I have parked away in a corner only to return and find someone next to me!

Sometimes the car park is too busy though also when it is relatively empty I have parked away in a corner only to return and find someone next to me!
    Hahaha. That is it. The amount of times we park quite far away, come back and some twat has parked right next to us when there are about 15 other spaces to choose from. Does my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Of course its important. If I'm forking out thousands of pounds for a car, I don't want some disrespectful so and so coming along and wrecking my doors.

That said we do avoid parking close to the doors in supermarkets but somewhere like straiton is a bloodly nightmare.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Of course its important. If I'm forking out thousands of pounds for a car, I don't want some disrespectful so and so coming along and wrecking my doors.

That said we do avoid parking close to the doors in supermarkets but somewhere like straiton is a bloodly nightmare.
    I think everyone that has a car spends a lot of money on it. The main problem is cars are bigger than the spaces.

I'm sure it's not deliberate. Parking over 2 spaces is though - they should all be clamped or stickered if they do it.