hibs.net Messageboard

Page 61 of 428 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Spoons.

There are far too many in the drawer in our house.
    Tea spoons , soup spoons, desert spoons and serving spoons.
    I've never ever used the serving spoons.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    My new peeve......Christmas 'must have toys'....unfortunately my son is christmas aware and now wants a bloody hatchimal!! they are like gold dust and I am now a crazy manic refreshing every page all day. He might need to learn a very valuable lesson about dissapointed come christmas day!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Traffic outside of rush hour. Especially when there's no apparent need for it. Totally get it that when everyone is going to work, or getting home from work, that it's going to be busy. Pain in the backside but no real complaints there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My new peeve......Christmas 'must have toys'....unfortunately my son is christmas aware and now wants a bloody hatchimal!! they are like gold dust and I am now a crazy manic refreshing every page all day. He might need to learn a very valuable lesson about dissapointed come christmas day!
    Toy manufactures who create the crazy manic rush for toys by deliberately keeping the market short of toys for a period before flooding it so they are all snapped up.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Toy manufactures who create the crazy manic rush for toys by deliberately keeping the market short of toys for a period before flooding it so they are all snapped up.
    Yip, And I am now thinking of nothing else until I get one, the thought of the wee mans face on xmas morning if its not there kills me. I would add Christmas in general to the peeves list!!

It's approaching that time of year when the twice a year brigade hit the pubs.

A jobsworth management type about 3 stone overweight, usually a Hearts fan but only actually attends rugby on a 'freebie', pompously declaring to everyone that he's only having a couple. Then the inevitable:

'What's everyone for?'
    'Ooh something pale Rory'
    'Try this Crawf, it's called Deuchars'
    'I'll have one of them'
    'Who else?'
    'G&T for me'
    'Stella ha ha ha. Had 3 pints of that early in the year, what a bloody state'
    'What are you like Gav?'
    'Sorry barman are you getting all this? The boozers are out tonight haw haw haw'
    'Make mine a half'
    'Half? You're out with the big boys tonight!'
    'Oooh go on then a pint'
    'Right sorted, oh and a Guinness for myself'

You can usually guarantee one of that group will be spotted with vomit stains somewhere on their person about 2 hours later after having 3 pints then lecherously joining the 20 something girls, who have no ****ing idea why they are there, for 'a shot' at the bar. Another will likely take offence if a regular gets looked after and another will inevitably try to chat up a barmaid wo was out of his league even 20 years ago.

Roll on January.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

A jobsworth management type about 3 stone overweight, usually a Hearts fan but only actually attends rugby on a 'freebie', pompously declaring to everyone that he's only having a couple. Then the inevitable:

'What's everyone for?'
    'I'll have one of them'
    'Who else?'
    'G&T for me'
    'What are you like Gav?'
    'Sorry barman are you getting all this? The boozers are out tonight haw haw haw'
    'Make mine a half'
    'Oooh go on then a pint'

You can usually guarantee one of that group will be spotted with vomit stains somewhere on their person about 2 hours later after having 3 pints then lecherously joining the 20 something girls, who have no ****ing idea why they are there, for 'a shot' at the bar. Another will likely take offence if a regular gets looked after and another will inevitably try to chat up a barmaid wo was out of his league even 20 years ago.

Roll on January.
    Boom. We agree again.

That and gym clowns who join in January, have no etiquette and do nothing but take facebook selfies then are never seen again by March if they even get that far.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar

'What's everyone for?'
    'I'll have one of them'
    'Who else?'
    'G&T for me'
    'What are you like Gav?'
    'Make mine a half'
    'Oooh go on then a pint'

Roll on January.
    Came across one of these people at xmas last year, was the back of 6 in George Street, the pub was rammed and I wanted to get past this fat drunken mess of a guy, I was polite and said "can I squeeze past please?" Trying to be a smart arse in front of his pals he goes "I dunno, can you?" So I just said "aye if you breathe in first"

He didn't like that one bit and wanted to go boxing with me, I explained that it was the back of 6 and I was out with the work but if he was still on his feet in a couple of hours I'd happily oblige when I was leaving, he went quiet after that, no wonder I don't drink up town often

Testimonial Due
    When someone says they will 'reach out' to you. Pretty common in America but I'm starting to see people over here use it as well.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Came across one of these people at xmas last year, was the back of 6 in George Street, the pub was rammed and I wanted to get past this fat drunken mess of a guy, I was polite and said "can I squeeze past please?" Trying to be a smart arse in front of his pals he goes "I dunno, can you?" So I just said "aye if you breathe in first"

He didn't like that one bit and wanted to go boxing with me, I explained that it was the back of 6 and I was out with the work but if he was still on his feet in a couple of hours I'd happily oblige when I was leaving, he went quiet after that, no wonder I don't drink up town often
    I remember bumping into a drunk outside the Roxburgh Hotel and they were asking if I was going to some 80's disco place

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I remember bumping into a drunk outside the Roxburgh Hotel and they were asking if I was going to some 80's disco place
    You made the right choice

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    When people use redundancies such as "6 a.m. in the morning". You do know what "a.m." means don't you!?

Able bodied people who use the lift at work to go up 1 floor.

And getting in the lift just after a smoker who has just had a smoke-break has left it. And now I'm stuck in a small metal box with the stench of their fags.

Horrendously low pay. I'm our HR Dept's Rem & Reward person and it's horrible doing an annual salary review where our Exec's (who are all very comfortably on 6 figure salaries) agree to pathetic increases for the people who get their hands dirty.
    The guy that used to work next to me took smoke breaks. Whenever he came back from one he totally reeked of fag smoke. Sometimes I almost reached the point of barfing because of the stench.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Hahaha

Fair enough. I remain intrigued though.

I mean, is it an aesthetic thing? Or logistical? e.g. Have you placed your toilet roll holder at the absolute maximum stretch of your arm from the throne, meaning that if that first sheet is those few cms further away behind the main roll your bathroom floor is in danger of ending up a looking a bit "Jambo artwork in Dunbar End toilet"?

It's harder to grab the end because it's hanging down against the wall.

'What's everyone for?'
    'I'll have one of them'
    'Who else?'
    'G&T for me'
    'What are you like Gav?'
    'Make mine a half'
    'Oooh go on then a pint'

Roll on January.
    Yup. Share this every year on Facebook and it remains as valid as ever:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/declancashi...ND8#.sw1OnBjA6

First Team Breakthrough
    People that don't take a drink or look you in the eye when they cheers/slanj you.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Drivers on phones, even when sitting in traffic, generally seems to be young women in their ****tttty fiat 500s or ford ka's financed up to the eyeballs sitting texting or taking a duck face selfie or checking Facebook. Its not ok even when stopped in traffic, it means you're not paying attention to whats going on around you!!

It's not the first time Ive leaned out the window to shout at them to get off their phone as the light has turned green and they've not moved!! Really does my head in!!

Anyone caught using their phone whilst in control of a motor vehicle should just be automatically banned for a year.

People who put the toilet roll on the holder the wrong way round.

Or people who don't replace it and just leave the empty tube on the holder!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Probably mentioned elsewhere - people that don't think that the rules apply to them for some reason. Case in point - this morning, woman (gobby sort) has two dogs in the school playground, she's had to take them inside through a 'tunnel' past at least two 'no dogs' signs, and several dogs tied up outside to get them in. There's a one-way exit system as well for getting out the playground, guess who goes against the flow?

The school also created a drop-off point in the car park as it's too small to accomodate everyone parking, the idea being that folk can drop off then exit the car park, which would be fine if people didn't just park their cars in that area as well. WTF is wrong with these people?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The weather forecast. Full suns all morning according to BBC via the Met Office and I come home to find my washing soaking wet

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Supermarkets who rearrange their stock every once in a while so you are forced to look at other products as you rummage for the item you always buy.

Also, there is a store nearby and I swear the manager must have had it in for me because no matter what I bought, it was discontinued the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Supermarkets who rearrange their stock every once in a while so you are forced to look at other products as you rummage for the item you always buy.

Also, there is a store nearby and I swear the manager must have had it in for me because no matter what I bought, it was discontinued the following week.
    This is going on at our local Tesco due to the advent of Christmas. Instead of the usual shelves of toothpaste, shower gel etc we have a solid wall of Lindor chocolates.

Since I seem to spend half my life in the store, I feel almost as though my home has been violated.

Testimonial Due
    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but tailgaters have really been getting on my nerves recently. Yesterday, I was driving home from Newcastle via Galashiels on the A167. There was 2 cars ahead of me driving at a decent enough speed that I felt no need to overtake them, especially given that the A167 is a long and winding single track road. A driver then came out of nowhere and started tailgating me. I really can't get my head around why anyone would want to do this in such a situation. It was impossible for me to go any faster and the cars ahead were driving at a good speed for that road. Do they realise that it's 100% their fault if I have to slam in the brakes and they go into the back of me? Or do they somewhow think that would be my fault? I started signalling to her in my rear view mirrors to back off, which she did for about 10 minutes before starting again. She then overtook me at a really bad spot just before a bend which could've easily ended in tears. She then proceeded to tailgate the car in front of me, then the one in front of that. I really do wonder how these people got a license to drive. My brother was involved in an accident just last week when a tailgater went into the back of him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but tailgaters have really been getting on my nerves recently. Yesterday, I was driving home from Newcastle via Galashiels on the A167. There was 2 cars ahead of me driving at a decent enough speed that I felt no need to overtake them, especially given that the A167 is a long and winding single track road. A driver then came out of nowhere and started tailgating me. I really can't get my head around why anyone would want to do this in such a situation. It was impossible for me to go any faster and the cars ahead were driving at a good speed for that road. Do they realise that it's 100% their fault if I have to slam in the brakes and they go into the back of me? Or do they somewhow think that would be my fault? I started signalling to her in my rear view mirrors to back off, which she did for about 10 minutes before starting again. She then overtook me at a really bad spot just before a bend which could've easily ended in tears. She then proceeded to tailgate the car in front of me, then the one in front of that. I really do wonder how these people got a license to drive. My brother was involved in an accident just last week when a tailgater went into the back of him as well.
    This does my nut in too and happens often on stretches of the A702. Naughty I know but I often quickly flick my side lights on and off and watch in the mirror as they brake thinking in a split second I am braking.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This is going on at our local Tesco due to the advent of Christmas. Instead of the usual shelves of toothpaste, shower gel etc we have a solid wall of Lindor chocolates.

Since I seem to spend half my life in the store, I feel almost as though my home has been violated.
    Corstorphine Tesco, has been completely rejigged with the whole electrical dept moving downstairs to allow room for Top Shop/Burton etc and every other stock item has moved also. I can't find anything just now.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    This does my nut in too and happens often on stretches of the A702. Naughty I know but I often quickly flick my side lights on and off and watch in the mirror as they brake thinking in a split second I am braking.
    I wait until they definitely can't overtake (eg. oncoming traffic) and slow down to a crawl for a few seconds. Normally they get the message - if they don't it's a case of repeat as necessary.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Drivers (usually taxi drivers) who block the road off when waiting for people instead of pulling into a space 5 yards in front of them

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Drivers (usually taxi drivers) who block the road off when waiting for people instead of pulling into a space 5 yards in front of them

Yep, that is nippy as **** or the just come to a halt in the middle of the road to pick up a fare. I bet a few have been shunted as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Yep, that is nippy as **** or the just come to a halt in the middle of the road to pick up a fare. I bet a few have been shunted as a result.
    Taxi drivers who pick up or drop off then want to do a U-turn in the middle of rush-hour traffic. Utter, utter ****s.

Grown adults who wear wooly hats with animal ears or eyes etc

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Taxi drivers who pick up or drop off then want to do a U-turn in the middle of rush-hour traffic. Utter, utter ****s.

Aye, absolute koontz