hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 425 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sense someone has had a wee run in with said pricks?! Bit harsh...
    Nope, clean licence here officer

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I asked a traffic cop last night and he said that you should use the full road available until you merge.
    Correct, here in Germany it's called the "zipper" system. It's the most efficient and fairest way to merge as it means one car per Lane at a time gets to pass the obstruction.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    It is designed as a merge in turn at the end. This is the quickest way to disperse traffic through a lane closure .
    Sounds fair enough however I would have thought that if people naturally merged at speed into one lane before hand then there would be no need to come to a dead stop to let the merging car in at the final lane closure, thereby keeping the traffic flowing. But who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Correct, here in Germany it's called the "zipper" system. It's the most efficient and fairest way to merge as it means one car per Lane at a time gets to pass the obstruction.
    In that case the drivers who shoot up the outside are baloppers.

And another peeve of mine.....
    People who take new born babies to a gig and smile as they try to shush their little treasure as it screams holy murder through the artist's performance.
    Get a friggin' babysitter or stay home, you selfish dick.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drivers who think you can read their minds. Had one yesterday suddenly braked and stopped dead ahead of me then began to reverse park into a space that I was blocking unless I reversed, no ****** indicators used just assuned I knew what they were going to do!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Drivers who think you can read their minds. Had one yesterday suddenly braked and stopped dead ahead of me then began to reverse park into a space that I was blocking unless I reversed, no ****** indicators used just assuned I knew what they were going to do!
    This happened to me last week on a one way street, just off mcdonald road heading to annandale street....... the car stopped abruptly, then put it into reverse. I couldnt reverse as the cars were behind me now and the WOMAN just sat there sat in reverse edging slowly back. I had to get out my car and point to all the cars behind me, she looked furious. and the best bit.........she finally drove forward and about 15 yards in front there was half the street on the left to park in, she didnt even need to reverse into them

Gamer IDs

My Pet peeves

Radio DJ's, especially morning ones! tules.

Bosses at work who are total cocks, but then try to be paly with you after being a said cock to you.

Old people in who think they can just barge into you and stare like it your fault, no apologies, and they say my generation are ignorant!

Adverts that make no sense, like who the **** eats a corneto in a nightclub?

little ****s at softplay who go about pushing, nipping, pulling etc the other children whilst their parent(s) sit glued to their phone or talking to friends and ignoring them. Then have the cheek to say something after I have told my son to punch them.

Neighbours who have fueds with other neighbours in the stair then tell you what they have said or done like you care, and at a loud voice so the other feuding neighbour can hear. Im no interested pal!!!

Neighbours whole sole purpose in life is to be the first person on the street with their bin the day before its due to be picked it. (I take great delight when im up early enough and get mine first, and on a few instances I have spied said neighbour move my bin down so his is next to the gate like its first in line haha)

Just neighbours in general.

And the worst.....when you have a nice leftover dinner/takeaway and take the rest to work. and then every prik who comes into the canteen comments on it......oooohhhhh that smells nice, ohhhhh what that, ohhhhhh thats helthy etc etc. **** off and leave me to eat in peace. I dont come to your desk and say ohhh that rivita and Humous look good. Likewise people you barley know who sit next to you and start a conversation in the kitchin when you really just want to eat in peace and play 8 ball pool on your phone!!

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    My Pet peeves

Bosses at work who are total cocks, but then try to be paly with you after being a said cock to you.

Old people in who think they can just barge into you and stare like it your fault, no apologies, and they say my generation are ignorant!

little ****s at softplay who go about pushing, nipping, pulling etc the other children whilst their parent(s) sit glued to their phone or talking to friends and ignoring them. Then have the cheek to say something after I have told my son to punch them.

Neighbours who have fueds with other neighbours in the stair then tell you what they have said or done like you care, and at a loud voice so the other feuding neighbour can hear. Im no interested pal!!!

Neighbours whole sole purpose in life is to be the first person on the street with their bin the day before its due to be picked it. (I take great delight when im up early enough and get mine first, and on a few instances I have spied said neighbour move my bin down so his is next to the gate like its first in line haha)

And the worst.....when you have a nice leftover dinner/takeaway and take the rest to work. and then every prik who comes into the canteen comments on it......oooohhhhh that smells nice, ohhhhh what that, ohhhhhh thats helthy etc etc. **** off and leave me to eat in peace. I dont come to your desk and say ohhh that rivita and Humous look good. Likewise people you barley know who sit next to you and start a conversation in the kitchin when you really just want to eat in peace and play 8 ball pool on your phone!!
    And breathe!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    And breathe!
    That's just scratching the surface

My Pet peeves

Not really a pet peeve as such but may as well tag my own rant about neighbours on.

I live in a stair with 14 flats and the communal garden was a bloody too. I spent a good 3 days cutting back branches, cutting grass, weeding, trimming hedges, throwing away bag after bag of rubbish, washing down and weeding the paved area etc etc. Then, thanks to some advice on here, I put in a few nice shrubs, plants, a few herbs and a couple of bits of garden furniture I picked up cheap. Whilst this was ongoing I asked the neighbours if any of them fancied chipping in a few pounds as whilst not extortionate I did spend about £200 give or take plus about 5 days works plus General maintenance since. One neighbour contributed, 3 have promised to get something to me shortly but the rest, all students, refused because 'We never use the garden so why should we?'

So imagine my slight annoyance on Sunday when I couldn't get near our now quite pretty garden even if I say so myself because said neighbours who 'never use the garden' had a barbecue in full swing with about 30 people there. Not only did they monopolize a garden they 'never use' they also continued to make noise until about 3am on Monday morning and damaged both furniture and plants. When I pulled them up about it I got a shrug and a 'What are you going to do about it? Grass us to to our landlord?' Smug prick, it's times like this I wish I could still lose my temper enough to muster some proper violence.

My Pet peeves

Some fairly exotic spelling in there, but I particularly agree with your first one, namely Chris Moyles. Absolute spraff merchant, talking a load of total pish with "Comedy Dave" or whatever. He's got a face for radio but a voice for the silent movies as well.

No idea what he's up to now, but boy oh boy that fat mess got lucky getting such a lucrative career.

This. Especially that J20 one where the wee bassa turns up to a party with J2os and everyone celebrates! Who celebrates someone arriving at a party with non-alcoholic beverages?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Not really a pet peeve as such but may as well tag my own rant about neighbours on.

I live in a stair with 14 flats and the communal garden was a bloody too. I spent a good 3 days cutting back branches, cutting grass, weeding, trimming hedges, throwing away bag after bag of rubbish, washing down and weeding the paved area etc etc. Then, thanks to some advice on here, I put in a few nice shrubs, plants, a few herbs and a couple of bits of garden furniture I picked up cheap. Whilst this was ongoing I asked the neighbours if any of them fancied chipping in a few pounds as whilst not extortionate I did spend about £200 give or take plus about 5 days works plus General maintenance since. One neighbour contributed, 3 have promised to get something to me shortly but the rest, all students, refused because 'We never use the garden so why should we?'

So imagine my slight annoyance on Sunday when I couldn't get near our now quite pretty garden even if I say so myself because said neighbours who 'never use the garden' had a barbecue in full swing with about 30 people there. Not only did they monopolize a garden they 'never use' they also continued to make noise until about 3am on Monday morning and damaged both furniture and plants. When I pulled them up about it I got a shrug and a 'What are you going to do about it? Grass us to to our landlord?' Smug prick, it's times like this I wish I could still lose my temper enough to muster some proper violence.
    Sounds like Sundays could be the best day to hose that garden of yours.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Violence is best inflicted with a calm head. Stories like yours make me lose my faith in human nature, some people will always take the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    So, just to clarify, you're annoyed by folk who don't break the speed limit...and folk that do!

Hahaha yeah that sums it up

Not so much the breaking of the speed limit, it's the tailgating that nips mah heid

Pedestrians who think you'll slow down if they decide to take the piss and walk slowly as you drive towards them but then get aggressive when you don't :-) Don't play chicken with a car then dafties.

Guys that go for a piss/dump in the work/boozer toilet that don't wash their hands afterwards, ****bags!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Guys that go for a piss/dump in the work/boozer that don't wash their hands afterwards, ****bags!
    Yep, one of the reasons I never touch toilet door handles.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Some fairly exotic spelling in there, but I particularly agree with your first one, namely Chris Moyles. Absolute spraff merchant, talking a load of total pish with "Comedy Dave" or whatever. He's got a face for radio but a voice for the silent movies as well.

No idea what he's up to now, but boy oh boy that fat mess got lucky getting such a lucrative career.
    I could not agree more - Moyles was the most over hyped and unfunny prick on the radio - was the sole reason I gave up on Radio 1 years ago.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    I could not agree more - Moyles was the most over hyped and unfunny prick on the radio - was the sole reason I gave up on Radio 1 years ago.
    I used to love listening to Chris Moyles in the morning. Regularly found myself in hysterics at some of the gags. Saying that I don't think it would be for me if it was on nowadays, I haven't listened to radio 1 in a long time. His replacement Nick Grimshaw is dire.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Just remembered another one... selfish gits at the airport who practically stand on top of the luggage belt so that no-one else can (a) see their cases coming or (b) get them off when they do arrive. Just stand back ffs and go forward when your bags arrive!! 😡

Robotic sounding greetings in shops, restaurants, hotels etc. How some organisations think that scripting their staff is acceptable is beyond me.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Just remembered another one... selfish gits at the airport who practically stand on top of the luggage belt so that no-one else can (a) see their cases coming or (b) get them off when they do arrive. Just stand back ffs and go forward when your bags arrive!! 😡
    Probably the same gimps that get up and stand in the aisle or crouch under the overhead compartments on the plane as soon as the seat belt sign goes off. Looks pretty uncomfortable and it often takes a good wee while. I'd rather sit and read during the wait thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Old people or people that dont have any kids in the car that park in the parent and toddler spaces. They have a cheek to look at me when i am taking my 2 kids in and out the car.
    It's ok after 9pm or thereabouts isn't it? Kids are in bed then aren't they? Always were in my day but then I am old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Probably the same gimps that get up and stand in the aisle or crouch under the overhead compartments on the plane as soon as the seat belt sign goes off. Looks pretty uncomfortable and it often takes a good wee while. I'd rather sit and read during the wait thanks very much.
    They're the same ones that stand next to the carousel waiting for their luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They're the same ones that stand next to the carousel waiting for their luggage.
    Obsessive/compulsives.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Obsessive/compulsives.
    ********s

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yep, one of the reasons I never touch toilet door handles.

Bacteria and germs find it hard to survive on door handles.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Next time you see him in the stairwell, give him a sly dig followed by what are you going to do ? Grass me to the police? No witnesses. That'll teach him the mouthy git!

Public transport when combined with a cultural inability to wait and be polite.

Folk wishing to get on a train are unlikely to be able to do so in comfort until everyone getting off the train has done so because said people are standing waiting to get off in the exact same area that people getting on need to transit through before getting to a seat.

So why do folk, here in Switzerland at least, lose all semblance of manners and common sense when getting on a train? Stand the **** back and let everyone off first (my favourite is some dolt with a huge backpack standing slap bang front + centre on the platform as the double doors open - awareness of one's surroundings isn't a strong point over here either).

Another one is men, of any nationality who drape a oh-so-trendy merino wool cardigan over there shoulders and tie the arms over their chest. A speciality when the weather is far too hot to possibly require the garment, and they look absurd.

Pub behaviour is another one touched upon, but a few on my own.

• Folk who walk in 3 minutes before the start of a major and well advertised televised sporting event and look perplexed/fuming that the place is rammed. Although, that's not really a peeve, just a source of amusement.
    • When you're in a larger group and some selfish prats who are in a group of 2 or 3, but sit at a table big enough for 6+ when there's a perfectly good, smaller table right next to them.
    • Finally, and I don't know if this really happens in the UK, but people who clearly think they are a "Sartres/Proust in waiting" sitting in a pub for hours nursing an espresso and small glass of water.