hibs.net Messageboard

Page 56 of 429 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 12860

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    People who drag themselves into work when they're at deaths door. Nothing worse than having someone at work who is a sniffing, coughing and sneezing bacteria/virus mothership. Keep the **** away from me yah zombie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who drag themselves into work when they're at deaths door. Nothing worse than having someone at work who is a sniffing, coughing and sneezing bacteria/virus mothership. Keep the **** away from me yah zombie.
    Folk coming into work with a sniffle and attempting to line themselves up for a sicky.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Shop assistants who speak to customers with the same robotic phrase or question, three times in the last month or so I have been served in Homebase by the same young guy and each time he has greeted me with " Is that you finished with the shopping today then"

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Shop assistants who speak to customers with the same robotic phrase or question, three times in the last month or so I have been served in Homebase by the same young guy and each time he has greeted me with " Is that you finished with the shopping today then"
    At least it's better than shop assistants who seem to think customers are just an inconvenience to their daily social gathering.

Every time I nip into Tesco the ladies on the tills seems to forget where they are; 'I was like pure steaming then he was like shut it and I was like naw you shut it ah'm off and he was like dinnae start. Anyway ur you oot tonight? We're headin tae Lauras fur 6, she was like dinnae come earlier and ah was like nae promises babes.'

Meanwhile I'm standing with my paper and bottle of water waiting on them to remember they are actually working. The conversation usually continues at pace even whilst I'm being served.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Lady I know, who is well in her 30s btw, has taken great delight in posting pictures of her 'mermaid' costume. This seems to amount to wearing a bra with a couple of shells stuck on and a tight green skirt.
    Pointless without photographic evidence! :-)

Being in Carlisle and missing the last train back to Edinburgh cos you never heard the change of platform over the tannoy!

Happened to me last night, oops! :-)

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Junk mail - although I do get a wee kick from packing their return envelopes with as much other junk mail as I can and posting the back to them.

It seems to just be an excuse for girls to go out in far fewer clothes than usual but if they stick a tale on or draw sone whiskers they are a cat.
    That just makes me so mad. Girls going out in less clothing than normal. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Can't remember if I've said this one or not but just saw one and it gave me the rage, might be controversial even for here

Those Blue Edinburgh marathon EMF t shirts, I ****ing get it, you've run the marathon (slow clap)
    Completely agree.

Oooo look at me. Left foot right foot repeat for 26 miles.

Wow. You must be so proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is she tidy? I'd be interested in evaluating to see if I definitely agree with you.
    Hahaha

At least it's better than shop assistants who seem to think customers are just an inconvenience to their daily social gathering.

Every time I nip into Tesco the ladies on the tills seems to forget where they are; 'I was like pure steaming then he was like shut it and I was like naw you shut it ah'm off and he was like dinnae start. Anyway ur you oot tonight? We're headin tae Lauras fur 6, she was like dinnae come earlier and ah was like nae promises babes.'

Meanwhile I'm standing with my paper and bottle of water waiting on them to remember they are actually working. The conversation usually continues at pace even whilst I'm being served.
    Good lord. Tesco's? I mean Asda you could understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    They are usually trying to curry favour with the bosses.

Advert for BT wifi shows man being hoisted up by a helicopter and saying he can still get a signal at 150 ft in the air.
    How come I can barely get a signal on my Nexus 8ft above my router?
    False advertising - hang 'em.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Managers who call people their staff.

Managers who mention that they have "staff" when on a night out.

Get a grip you knobs you sound kin ridiculous .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Advert for BT wifi shows man being hoisted up by a helicopter and saying he can still get a signal at 150 ft in the air.
    How come I can barely get a signal on my Nexus 8ft above my router?
    False advertising - hang 'em.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Calorifically challenged gentlemen who wear shorts all year.....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    When you come out the supermarket with a couple of bags of shopping. You walk to the car with both bags in one hand and reach for the car keys. Without a shadow of a doubt the keys are n the pocket on the side that you're holding the shopping, meaning you have to put it down to get the keys out.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    When you come out the supermarket with a couple of bags of shopping. You walk to the car with both bags in one hand and reach for the car keys. Without a shadow of a doubt the keys are n the pocket on the side that you're holding the shopping, meaning you have to put it down to get the keys out.
    I seem to have a huge problem in my old age of trying to carry 2 shopping bags and a set of keys back from the car and open the front door without dropping the keys.

Anyway....been said before no doubt but erseholes who don't clear up their dog sheidt....grrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Doesn't happen with keyless entry!

First Team Breakthrough
    People who spray perfume/deodrant on a bus or train.

First Team Breakthrough
    The woman in BoS at the Kirkgate with the fakest smile and worst small talk.

First Team Breakthrough
    People that say to you "what's your chat?"

The BBC - reporting that a group of Hearts fans were singing sectarian songs on a train yet chose to ignore the same offence by thousands of you-know-whos on their sports broadcasts every week.

People who walk two abreast on the pavement where there's obviously only room for one person in each direction. For example under scaffolding on the pavement. Grrrr.

Broadcasters who can't pronounce foreign names and make a joke about it e.g. "That's easy for you to say yuk yuk etc".

If they were halfway professional they'd do their research, find out how to pronounce the names and then just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Broadcasters who can't pronounce foreign names and make a joke about it e.g. "That's easy for you to say yuk yuk etc".

If they were halfway professional they'd do their research, find out how to pronounce the names and then just do it.
    Thats what Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday does but, its pretty much for all names.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    The bags that cinemas put popcorn in now, so noisy!!

Testimonial Due
    The huge number of online portals these days that all have different criteria for passwords. The notes section of my phone is crammed full of usernames and passwords.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Lads who don't turn up for the fives.

Silly wee dafties who do turn up and think it's some sort of showcase for all their flicks, tricks and rabonas but never actually try to pass the ball once.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Lads who don't turn up for the fives.

Silly wee dafties who do turn up and think it's some sort of showcase for all their flicks, tricks and rabonas but never actually try to pass the ball once.
    My mate is a trainer in the football department of the Berlin Sports Academy. When it comes to selection for Hertha BSC youth programme the students have to go through some rigorous tests, most of them fail because they try showboating in games under the false impression that it will impress.