hibs.net Messageboard

Page 54 of 427 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finding a note from the postie saying that I was out when they called so my parcel is in my wheelie bin.
    Is that not better than not getting your parcel?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    People who get the window seat on a plane, deciding that they can't be bothered with the window for the whole journey and close the shutter when you want to look out.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    People who get the window seat on a plane, deciding that they can't be bothered with the window for the whole journey and close the shutter when you want to look out.
    How come the only person on the plane who tilts the seat back is the a-hole in front of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This, and why does everyone stand up like the plane's on fire after landing? You ain't going anywhere until the doors open.

On the flipside, the person who has decided they are exiting in the initial flow of traffic, but has done absolutely no preparatory work for their exit.

So you've got some lardass with 2 kids with coats to pick-up, books to stash, hats to put on, luggage to get down and then divide amongst themselves all whilst everyone who's just got a coat over their arm and bag ready to go has to wait.

And it's always a person quite close to you but not quite close enough to hit with a cane.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Does my nut in.

I always pay extra now to get an over wing window seat so I can watch the flaps and so on at take off and landing because I'm a total plane geek.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who think they are so funny that they take a joke too far and despite being told to can it they continue to trot it out every time they see you. Que taking the person who you have told to leave it several times to one side and explaining the real reason it's not funny or is too sensitive.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Long shoe laces on either shoes or trainers.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Long shoe laces on either shoes or trainers.
    Snapping a lace when in a hurry to leave the hoose!

Business complaints departments whose soul purpose is to be sweet and patronising but have no intention of doing anything about your actual complaint.

Or in other words, here's cookie now PFO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Business complaints departments whose soul purpose is to be sweet and patronising but have no intention of doing anything about your actual complaint.
    I like the idea of having a soul purpose. Will need to think about this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I like the idea of having a soul purpose. Will need to think about this. Thank you.
    Ha ha well spotted, G - obviously didn't mean that typo, but I suppose it kinda works in that sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who because they think a certain law, rule or regulation is daft or unnecessary they can ignore or disobey it and then feel hard done to when they get pulled up for it.
    It's selfishness, pure and simple. And it's happening more and more.

Folk who put on an out-of-office message just for the bog standard weekend??

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    People who use slang for genitalia as a negative.

Twats.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

People who take a trolley full to the brim through a self serve checkout. Get a few of them at once and it comes to a standstill.

@hibs.net private member

Which shoe shop are you talking about?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    People who use slang for genitalia as a negative.

Twats.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Anyone doing that is a total peni5.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Is that not better than not getting your parcel?
    I'd rather go to the post office than fish it out a bin TBH.

Also, someone might be watching and nick it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

This week I've had to contact Game and Virgin and complained.

Game - tried to place an order using a promotional code, but it wasn't working, contacted them on their online chat, and they said they'd send another code out to me within the hour. 24 hours later I'm still waiting, so contact them again. They tell me just to place the order and they'll manually add the promotional code. A week later I ask why o haven't received my free copy of Uncharted 4, they say it'll be with me shortly. Couple of days later, I still haven't got it. Contact them again, oh you didn't use the promotional code, you don't get the game. I explain what happened, and that because it's all been done on the online chat, they can go look to see, they look back and see. Doesn't matter, that person shouldn't have told me to do that. But they did. This is now my problem it seems, I move made a complaint which they'll look into.

Virgin - on the 7th October I booked them to come install my internet on the 22nd, tomorrow. Today I got a call in the afternoon to say they'd not be coming because they didn't get permission from the council to dig in the street. They'll now be coming the 5th November. They only asked the council for permission on Wednesday despite knowing for a week and a half they were to come. Usually they don't have this problem they said. I don't care what problems they usually have, useless like.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    People who can't use roundabouts. It's a ****ing ROUNDabout that means you go ROUND not straight across. Three times this week I have had to slam on the brakes as the total fud in the left hand lane going straight across the ROUNDabout has literally gone straight across nearly taking me out as I am in the right hand lane going ROUND the ROUNDabout.

"My bad..."

WTF?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Sauzee07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibz
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    "My bad..."

WTF?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    THIS.

(which I also hate BTW).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee07 View Post
    THIS.

(which I also hate BTW).

And FTFY

The guy behind me today continually shouting "go on Gary shoot" and Gary, Gary Holt"

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Folk who put on an out-of-office message just for the bog standard weekend??
    I do that. Living in hope I come into money over the weekend

Going out for a nice quiet meal with the other half and being seated at a table between a couple with screaming newborn baby and a table of auld women taking about their house heating settings.

Folk that don't pay their way.

I run a football team and it's a fiver a week at games, every single week there is a discrepancy between what we should take in cash and what we actually get. No one ever owns up to it. How much of a brass neck do you have to have to sit there and not pay your dues?

Also on Saturday night myself and Mrs PB were out for a few drinks with another 3 couples, we ran a tab and at the end agreed to split it 4 ways. One guy took the hump and started moaning because he thought his other half had had less of the prosecco than the other 3 women. She hadn't, he's just a tight barsteward.

At work we are all supposed to take a turn buying biscuits for having with coffee, one lady hoovers them up like someone is going to snatch them off her plate (and constantly moans she can't understand why she's fat but that's another gripe) yet never, ever buys any.

Another women in my work is always on the scrounge. Asking to 'borrow' bread, butter, slices of ham etc from other people at lunchtime and never replacing it. Also asks people to pick her stuff up from the shop and then never makes any effort to square them up and makes them feel awkward when they ask. 'Oh are you really asking me again about £1.20?' If it's only £1.20 just pay them it back you ****ing tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I run a football team and it's a fiver a week at games, every single week there is a discrepancy between what we should take in cash and what we actually get. No one ever owns up to it. How much of a brass neck do you have to have to sit there and not pay your dues?

Also on Saturday night myself and Mrs PB were out for a few drinks with another 3 couples, we ran a tab and at the end agreed to split it 4 ways. One guy took the hump and started moaning because he thought his other half had had less of the prosecco than the other 3 women. She hadn't, he's just a tight barsteward.

At work we are all supposed to take a turn buying biscuits for having with coffee, one lady hoovers them up like someone is going to snatch them off her plate (and constantly moans she can't understand why she's fat but that's another gripe) yet never, ever buys any.

Another women in my work is always on the scrounge. Asking to 'borrow' bread, butter, slices of ham etc from other people at lunchtime and never replacing it. Also asks people to pick her stuff up from the shop and then never makes any effort to square them up and makes them feel awkward when they ask. 'Oh are you really asking me again about £1.20?' If it's only £1.20 just pay them it back you ****ing tramp.

This is a great one the amount of people that are stingy is unreal,I wouldn't give myself the red neck of being so embarrassingly tight

And the patter of its only a pound or a slice of bread etc. Does my head in

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

On a similar note if I have bought the round and another friend arrives I will without fail ask what he/she is drinking and buy them a drink. I absolutely hate it when I arrive late and folk don't do the same,instead they all stand looking at other and I end up offering everyone a drink instead when at the bar. The best one years ago was when a group of us met on a Saturday night after all being out on the Friday. One lad at the bar said "it's not my round,I got the last one last night!
    All the above would never happen with my close group of friends but with other folk from work etc.

And finally we take turns to buy the jar of coffee at works,we keep to the same brand Douwe Egberts,but one tight erse regularly slips in a jar of the cheapest own brand he can find. He has now been told to drink his own crap and is out of the coffee club :-)
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 24-10-2016 at 08:44 PM.

I like many other have been caught by the "let's split the bill trick" (and I'm not talking about a couple of quid here or there).
    Firstly, I am not stingey but I'm also no mug.
    I've seen folk guzzle down bottles of wine, order the most expensive courses then expect me to subsidise their expensive tastes by splitting the bill.
    I don't feel guilty one iota about telling them I'll pay for what I ate and drank.
    I also am not embarrassed to ask for the money if I feel someone is 'at it' when they ask me to get them something at the shops on a regular basis. Tis they who should be embarrassed that I have to ask for my own money back.
    Last edited by snooky; 25-10-2016 at 12:35 AM.