hibs.net Messageboard

Page 51 of 424 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 12698

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Today I came across big dollops of dung on a public footpath at two locations.
    Dog owners get fined for this kind of offence. Why don't equestrians?

2. Log in to remove the advert

People who claim to have no interest in something but feel the need to comment on it, often in a derogatory manner, over and over again.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Small lightweight pedal bins.
    You stand on the pedal and the thing tips over.
    Worse are the plastic stringy things they attach to bin bags.

The bin bag's full, you knot it at the top then carry it outside. It's at that point you stand on the stupid plastic stringy thing which snaps off in the process. You then have to pick it up carry it about until you've put a new bin bag in place to get rid of it.

I really hate these things.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    A real peeve of mine are the people who take the time to type a stupid question on an internet forum/Facebook, for instance "what time is kick off on Saturday?"....

Surely if they can manage to log in and type their daft question they're capable of using google to find out the answer for themselves??
    There should be a whole separate thread for unacceptable Facebook behaviour. Don't even get me started but, in general, people's either inability to use, or complete overuse of Google is right up there on bugbear list

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Worse are the plastic stringy things they attach to bin bags.

The bin bag's full, you knot it at the top then carry it outside. It's at that point you stand on the stupid plastic stringy thing which snaps off in the process. You then have to pick it up carry it about until you've put a new bin bag in place to get rid of it.

I really hate these things.
    Where are you meant to put the kitchen roll after cleaning the inside of the bucket after emptying it ?
    There's no bin bag in it yet. You have to carry the dirty kitchen roll , open the cupboard and manage to get a new bin bag off the roll and open it , all one handed.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Today I came across big dollops of dung on a public footpath at two locations.
    Dog owners get fined for this kind of offence. Why don't equestrians?
    I've been ranting about this for years. Especially around here, it's ridiculous 😡

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Phone calls from scamming *******s.

Got a call this evening from some guy, barely able to understand his accent, he kept calling me Mr Matthew - you've got my name right in front of you, you dick.

Asked if I'd been in an accident, so I said i had. He asked if I'd been injured so I told him I'd lost my neck in the accident.

He asked if I was going slow, so I said no, I was going at least 75. I told him I was racing the other guy.

He asked if it was sunny, i told him it was snowing. He pushed me for a date of the accident, I said I couldn't remember, he said two or three years? I told him to pick, go with two, I said.

He asked what month, I said it was definitely either July or December, probably July.

He asked if it was morning or afternoon, I said both. 4 o'clock. About breakfast time. He ignored this.

He asked if I was in my own car, I said no, on a push-bike. Going down a massive hill in the snow.

He asked if there were any passengers, so I asked him how realistic it would be to have a passenger when you're going 75 in the snow down a massive hill in the snow racing someone.

I told him my ski had got jammed in the pedal, and that's how I crashed. I said it's not easy going on a bike with skiis on.

He still was taking this information in when he asked for my address, so I told him I didn't know it. He asked how I could not know my own address, I told him I'd had a massive head injury in a bike accident, which was my own fault for having a massive head.

I enjoyed that call.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Got a call this evening from some guy, barely able to understand his accent, he kept calling me Mr Matthew - you've got my name right in front of you, you dick.

Asked if I'd been in an accident, so I said i had. He asked if I'd been injured so I told him I'd lost my neck in the accident.

He asked if I was going slow, so I said no, I was going at least 75. I told him I was racing the other guy.

He asked if it was sunny, i told him it was snowing. He pushed me for a date of the accident, I said I couldn't remember, he said two or three years? I told him to pick, go with two, I said.

He asked what month, I said it was definitely either July or December, probably July.

He asked if it was morning or afternoon, I said both. 4 o'clock. About breakfast time. He ignored this.

He asked if I was in my own car, I said no, on a push-bike. Going down a massive hill in the snow.

He asked if there were any passengers, so I asked him how realistic it would be to have a passenger when you're going 75 in the snow down a massive hill in the snow racing someone.

I told him my ski had got jammed in the pedal, and that's how I crashed. I said it's not easy going on a bike with skiis on.

He still was taking this information in when he asked for my address, so I told him I didn't know it. He asked how I could not know my own address, I told him I'd had a massive head injury in a bike accident, which was my own fault for having a massive head.

I enjoyed that call.
    😂😂😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I enjoyed that call.
    I get plagued with calls from Asia about my recent road traffic accidents. I usually put the phone down or if I'm in a crap mood I blow loudly down the line with a ref's whistle. Last week I strung him along, asking which accident he was referring to. Was it the one which I'm about to stand trial for or was it the one where I left the scene of the crime which I had failed to report to the police. For once the call centre muppet was lost for words as I challenged him to " come and get me!".

Today a lady came out a store at the Fort and got into her car. The car park was choc-a-blocka.
    I'd stopped to wait for her to reverse out. I waited, and I waited, and I waited. Eventually I drove off to find another spot.
    God knows what she was doing.

This really ticks me off. If they are not leaving, why can't folk just shake their head as the enter their vehicle when the see you sitting waiting patiently for their spot.
    It's ignorance in either sense of the word.

Straight faced lying customers hoping to get a repair for free. I get called out for a repair and when I arrive I get told that it's not worked since I serviced it 6 months ago.
    I can check how often they have used it though and take great pleasure in telling them that the machine that has not worked for 6 months has magically been testing patients every day.

ERI is the worst .

Tyre PSI instructions . Why say 51psi on the tyre if it should only be inflated to 32 psi as per door check ?
    Seriously , I was driving about with tyres at 51psi until I mentioned it in the pub one night and was duly corrected.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Tyre PSI instructions . Why say 51psi on the tyre if it should only be inflated to 32 psi as per door check ?
    Seriously , I was driving about with tyres at 51psi until I mentioned it in the pub one night and was duly corrected.
    Following on from that, car manufacturers that print the tyre pressure in BAR On The fuel cap cover when the garages I visit only have PSI on their air lines.

The pizza queue at Asda.

Currently stuck behind lots of "ten large stone baked" people.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The lack of glass bottles of milk.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Surely you should go on what it says on the tyre. The car manufacturers didn't make the tyre. The tyre will only give you the maximum psi.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Surely you should go on what it says on the tyre. The car manufacturers didn't make the tyre. The tyre will only give you the maximum psi.
    That's what I always thought and inflated accordingly .
    I even asked them to look at the warning light when it was in for service . They obviously didn't check the tyre pressure .

From the day I picked it up , I always thought it was a bit skittish on damp roads. I had been driving like that for 5 months .

The pressures for the car are on a sticker on the door strut.
    I only found that out about 2 weeks ago :

Reduced it from 52psi to 32psi and it now drives like a dream.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The pizza queue at Asda.

How are you getting on?

I even asked them to look at the warning light when it was in for service . They obviously didn't check the tyre pressure .

From the day I picked it up , I always thought it was a bit skittish on damp roads. I had been driving like that for 5 months .

52 to 32 is a massive range. I think it's the fault of these low profile tyres. My car is a large family saloon, why does it need ultra low profile tyres. Honestly it's like 95% wheel and 5% tyre, none of which helps the ride quality. I've got a turbo and low profile tyres, which I use to take the bairn to school and drive the family around. It's all completely unnecessary. If I wanted a sports car(which I do) I would go and buy one. It wouldn't have 4 seats and my Mrs wouldn't be allowed in it

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The pizza queue at Asda.

The staff take their time there as well. They're brutal for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    people taking a left turn and swing their car out as if they are driving a huge lorry.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Boiling hot coffee.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

Thats a scary difference in pressure.....I was always made to believe your average family car was 30 psi or 2 bar. As you also know its printed on your car, somewhere hidden.

Without much knowledge would the tyre not indicate the maximum PSI it can handle? with so much over inflation your are lucky nothing serious happened

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post

Its depends on the weight of the car and how that weight is distributed (hence, sometimes, different pressures for front and back).

I read/heard somewhere that for an average car, the total amount of tyre surface in contact with the road is roughly equivalent to a piece of A4 paper. Over inflate your tyres and it'll be even less.

Its depends on the weight of the car and how that weight is distributed (hence, sometimes, different pressures for front and back).

I read/heard somewhere that for an average car, the total amount of tyre surface in contact with the road is roughly equivalent to a piece of A4 paper. Over inflate your tyres and it'll be even less.
    When you get tyres fitted the tyre shop shouldn't be putting tyres on your car that can't take the maximum psi on the tyre. Sadly I know to my cost that this doesn't always happen.

United we stand here....

On returning goods to a shop for a refund/exchange and some wee tool brandishing a chitty demanding you furnish him or her with your name and address...eh naw, ye didnae ask me owt when I gave ye the readies, and even if ye did ye'd get the same reply.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    On returning goods to a shop for a refund/exchange and some wee tool brandishing a chitty demanding you furnish him or her with your name and address...eh naw, ye didnae ask me owt when I gave ye the readies, and even if ye did ye'd get the same reply.
    That's right. Worzel Gummidge and Michael Mouse filled out a few of those in Fopp in the late 90's/ early 00's when taking advantage of their suck it and see offer on cds

Plus the additional tyre wear can be expensive and dangerous.

Doctors waiting rooms. Nothing worse than being stuck in a small room with 30 people who are coughing and sneezing every where. Clatty barstewards, especially the ones who don't wipe their kids noses.

Shops/Stores/Post Offices/Banks/etc

Anywhere where there's a huge queue and there's only one or two tellers serving whilst several other qualified servers fanny around in the background trying to look busy.
    I find post offices and government/local authority departments the worst for this.