hibs.net Messageboard

Page 44 of 429 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 12857

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beards and the increasing number of young guys who are being fashionable by growing a daft looking unkempt bush on their faces.
    Particularly when the top half of the head is shaved down to the bone! :-)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    People who claim they don't get hangovers and boast about it in an effort to make you feel ashamed of your hangover. It's quite simple, if you don't get hangovers you're either lying or not drinking enough.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Patronising messages on these digital signs above motorways.

WEAR SEATBELTS IT IS THE LAW - Aye, cheers dad I never knew that.

CAUTION FOG - Again, I would never have realised it was foggy if you hadn't told me.

DONT DRIVE TIRED THINK OF OTHERS - get lost. Have you tried sleeping in a car?

DONT TAKE DRUGS AND DRIVE - well I was going to but I'm not going to bother now.
    There was one I saw a while back that said:

BE A COURTEOUS DRIVER

I thought it should have really had a PLEASE on it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Matrix signs on the Calder road advising that there's an issue J2 on the M9 when you could really do with being told the Bypass is ****ed...

@hibs.net private member

CAUTION FOG - Again, I would never have realised it was foggy if you hadn't told me.

DONT TAKE DRUGS AND DRIVE - well I was going to but I'm not going to bother now.
    Whenever I see the "Fasten your seatbelt" sign I always think this must be a fast bit of the road.

You know how like at the shows the boy says "scream if you wanna go faster"?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

There us one useful one that no one seems to take any notice of!

KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Pistachio stuffed dates. Someone at my work just gave me one, it was disgusting. What's enjoyable about eating them?

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Pistachio stuffed dates. Someone at my work just gave me one, it was disgusting. What's enjoyable about eating them?
    Why the **** did you eat it? Surely the description told you everything you needed to know!

Dates are just wrong.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Folk who don't let you in when lanes merge, especially when you're not taking the pish with it, like yesterday - breakdown on the bridge meant everyone had to move into one lane, there were three or four cars who went nose to bumper to make sure they didn't let anyone in - wtf is the point in that.
    Ironic thing is I ended up in front of the daft ****s anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Folk who don't let you in when lanes merge, especially when you're not taking the pish with it, like yesterday - breakdown on the bridge meant everyone had to move into one lane, there were three or four cars who went nose to bumper to make sure they didn't let anyone in - wtf is the point in that.
    Were they Golf driving female 'executives'???
    *See other thread lol

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Why the **** did you eat it? Surely the description told you everything you needed to know!

Dates are just wrong.
    I'd never had one, all he said was "they're quite sweet".

I spat it into my coffee cup.

Never again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Matrix signs on the Calder road advising that there's an issue J2 on the M9 when you could really do with being told the Bypass is ****ed...
    Indeed. Similar to signs on the M1 telling you there are delays at J17 on the M25 and you've no idea whether that's on your route or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Sure this argument has been done to death already on this thread... But drivers who do take this piss with this should be shot.

There are instances where lanes should merge as you say and people are out of order blocking cars from merging. Equally however, there are many instances where people know for a fact they're in the wrong lane and they stick with it hoping to force their way in further up the que. To think of an example; Telford Road heading westbound at McDonald's restaurant -There are two lanes of traffic for most of that road, after the lights at McDonald's however, the right hand lane is specifically for cars turning right up towards Drylaw... Everyone knows this, but many see the inevitable rush hour que that happens practically every day and decide to use the quiet lane to jump further up the que then skip in front after the lights. Going eastbound is even worse because a much larger stretch of that road is clearly signed as right turn only, but that doesn't stop many from using it to skip the que

Cue the numerous comments about the apparent legality of it, but imo it's inconsiderate driving and people have every right blocking them.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 07-09-2016 at 09:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who exaggerate their complaint to make their experience sound even worse than it actually was.

And the amount of people who wrongly believe that symptoms of food poisoning must be from the last thing they actually ate.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 07-09-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Sure this argument has been done to death already on this thread... But drivers who do take this piss with this should be shot.

There are instances where lanes should merge as you say and people are out of order blocking cars from merging. Equally however, there are many instances where people know for a fact they're in the wrong lane and they stick with it hoping to force their way in further up the que. To think of an example; Telford Road heading westbound at McDonald's restaurant -There are two lanes of traffic for most of that road, after the lights at McDonald's however, the right hand lane is specifically for cars turning right up towards Drylaw... Everyone knows this, but many see the inevitable rush hour que that happens practically every day and decide to use the quiet lane to jump further up the que then skip in front after the lights. Going eastbound is even worse because a much larger stretch of that road is clearly signed as right turn only, but that doesn't stop many from using it to skip the que

Cue the numerous comments about the apparent legality of it, but imo it's inconsiderate driving and people have every right blocking them.
    That's bit is actually 2 lanes merging into one then back to 2 after the island.
    Screenshot_20160907-221811.jpg

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not arsed about letting in folk who blatantly rip the pish out of it, but sensible, normal drivers - just let them in ffs!

Testimonial Due
    Not arsed about letting in folk who blatantly rip the pish out of it, but sensible, normal drivers - just let them in ffs!
    Agreed.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    That's bit is actually 2 lanes merging into one then back to 2 after the island.
    Screenshot_20160907-221811.jpg
    Most people know full well that they need to be in the left lane to go straight once they get to the next set of lights. That traffic island is irrelevant to the people trying to take the piss and move further up the que.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Most people know full well that they need to be in the left lane to go straight once they get to the next set of lights. That traffic island is irrelevant to the people trying to take the piss and move further up the que.
    I agree, but the poor design of the road doesn't help.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I agree, but the poor design of the road doesn't help.
    True. I guess poorly designed roads can get added to the list then 😂

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    You're 100% right about the eastbound road though, it clearly has an arrow saying right turn.

United we stand here....

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

I was recently back in town and to be honest I haven't a clue as to where the lanes change into turn left or right lanes until I actually see them. Even though I was driving a left-hand drive German registered car there was always one tube expecting me to know the cities road markings off by heart. Maybe we can introduce a navigation test for people who come from out of town before we let them drive in Edinburgh?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I was recently back in town and to be honest I haven't a clue as to where the lanes change into turn left or right lanes until I actually see them. Even though I was driving a left-hand drive German registered car there was always one tube expecting me to know the cities road markings off by heart. Maybe we can introduce a navigation test for people who come from out of town before we let them drive in Edinburgh?
    Obviously not everyone can be expected to know. But the vast majority of people doing this drive that same route most days when commuting to and from work. The fact that you're driving a German car should be enough for a bit of leeway from fellow road users, unless you're a really bad driver 😘

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Edinburgh's traffic controllers have a vendetta against all car drivers and will try every dirty trick in the book just to get them confused and irritated.

But for cyclists .......

First Team Breakthrough
    People who go through the red light at Niddrie Cross roads heading straight onto the Wisp when I am trying to turn Right.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The worst ones for this are when there are arrows on the road pointing ahead on both lanes, so you think you can use both, then right at the lights/junction there's another arrow that's just a right/left turn.

How is that meant to help anyone? There are a few in town that are like that. Brutal

Oil based gloss made after the EU decided to meddle with the recipe.

I'm now painting the skirting in the bedroom with a water based gloss that hopefully won't turn ****ing yellow like the last stuff I used not that long ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mine is quite literally a pet peeve. Cats!

I have adopted 2 little cats this last year. I love them. They are my first ever cats. The best thing I have ever done and they bring me so much joy and happiness.

But! They destroy things! Towels, sofas, books, guitar cases, chairs, walls, beds, little red poofs, bags. This very evening one of them managed to knock a solid metal lamp that I keep on the back of my office desk, to the floor. She (Callie) pushed it for about 1.5 metres. The damn thing weighs about 5 times the cat does. How is that possible? The male cat (Ziggy) also destroyed the back of a tablet case, which I only bought today, by using it as a scratching post.

It's all good. You get a little bit of payback and great entertainment with the wonderful laser pen watching them run up the walls like Neo.

Testimonial Due
    Watching a YouTube video and it starts buffering just as its getting to the good bit.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Scottish tap water. 2nd to Atlantis we must be the country with the most water on this planet but we pump it full of chemicals that make it taste like it's piped directly from the Commie Pool. Minging.