hibs.net Messageboard

Page 425 of 428 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,750 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Getting the right temperature on an electric shower. It seems to take an age to get the right temperature. It takes an age for the temperature to actually change after turning the knob. When you finally get it to where you want, it suddenly changes again. Then when you get it to stay at the right temperature, you say to yourself "right I'll keep it at that setting and just let it run for a bit before I get get in next time" but nope, it seems to be a completely different setting next time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting the right temperature on an electric shower. It seems to take an age to get the right temperature. It takes an age for the temperature to actually change after turning the knob. When you finally get it to where you want, it suddenly changes again. Then when you get it to stay at the right temperature, you say to yourself "right I'll keep it at that setting and just let it run for a bit before I get get in next time" but nope, it seems to be a completely different setting next time.
    I think that's to do with water pressure change.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I think that's to do with water pressure change.
    Also mains temperature, I find with mine if it’s a cold winters morning the shower starts off fine until the water in the pipes within the house is used and it starts drawing directly from the outside pipelines.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Also mains temperature, I find with mine if it’s a cold winters morning the shower starts off fine until the water in the pipes within the house is used and it starts drawing directly from the outside pipelines.
    Immediately before stepping in to the shower, simply nip out to the toby in your street, crouch down and feel the temperature of the Scottish Water mains pipe. Then you'll know what setting to put your shower at before you get in, saving yourself a lot of inconvenience.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Immediately before stepping in to the shower, simply nip out to the toby in your street, crouch down and feel the temperature of the Scottish Water mains pipe. Then you'll know what setting to put your shower at before you get in, saving yourself a lot of inconvenience.
    What if some daftie road workers tarmacked over the toby?

@hibs.net private member
    Opening a bag of crisps at work only to find out they are all ****ing crushed, total downer 😡

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    What if some daftie road workers tarmacked over the toby?
    Simply pop in to Basically Tool Hire near Dalkeith and hire one of their pneumatic drills to untarmac it. Saves a lot of inconvenience later.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Simply pop in to Basically Tool Hire near Dalkeith and hire one of their pneumatic drills to untarmac it. Saves a lot of inconvenience later.

'They are trying to cancel Easter'. The evidence of this largely seems to be that shops have a couple of shelves dedicated to Ramadan and Eid which happens to fall at broadly the same time as Easter this year.

It's just more phoney culture war bollocks but it's dangerous and people get caught up in it. I got up this morning and stuck the TV on and there was an Anglican Easter service from Canterbury Cathedral. That was followed by the Pope giving the Urbi et Orbi address from the Vatican. That was then followed by Reflections at the Quay which featured hymns and contributions from 2 CoS Ministers. There was also Songs of Praise a bit later. So that's about 6 hours of TV on the main channel of the national broadcaster covering Anglican Protestantism, Latin Rite Roman Catholicism, Presbyterian Protestantism and then an ecumenical music show. Cancelled indeed.

It's always people who don't know what they are talking about as well. That toad Mike Graham demanding yesterday be called 'Easter Saturday'. That is not and has never been a thing in a religious sense. Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy or Black Saturday and Easter Sunday.

Folk that set up social media profiles for their pets. ********s

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'They are trying to cancel Easter'. The evidence of this largely seems to be that shops have a couple of shelves dedicated to Ramadan and Eid which happens to fall at broadly the same time as Easter this year.

It's just more phoney culture war bollocks but it's dangerous and people get caught up in it. I got up this morning and stuck the TV on and there was an Anglican Easter service from Canterbury Cathedral. That was followed by the Pope giving the Urbi et Orbi address from the Vatican. That was then followed by Reflections at the Quay which featured hymns and contributions from 2 CoS Ministers. There was also Songs of Praise a bit later. So that's about 6 hours of TV on the main channel of the national broadcaster covering Anglican Protestantism, Latin Rite Roman Catholicism, Presbyterian Protestantism and then an ecumenical music show. Cancelled indeed.

It's always people who don't know what they are talking about as well. That toad Mike Graham demanding yesterday be called 'Easter Saturday'. That is not and has never been a thing in a religious sense. Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy or Black Saturday and Easter Sunday.
    It's the Spring Equinox and a pagan festival worshipping the Goddess Oestre, a festival of fertility, hence bunnies and eggs.

My daughter asked me when she was about 9 why Easter was on a different date every year, I told her it depended when the church decided Jesus died.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It's the Spring Equinox and a pagan festival worshipping the Goddess Oestre, a festival of fertility, hence bunnies and eggs.

My daughter asked me when she was about 9 why Easter was on a different date every year, I told her it depended when the church decided Jesus died.

Is there an official link to Playboy Bunnies, or were those girls I saw in Glasgow today just a bit confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Is there an official link to Playboy Bunnies, or were those girls I saw in Glasgow today just a bit confused?
    Don’t ask questions, just give thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Folk that set up social media profiles for their pets. ********s
    My Daughter set up a twitter account years ago for her imaginary budgie, it was popular and used to get hundreds of tweets a day

Until it flew away

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Don’t ask questions, just give thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    My Daughter set up a twitter account years ago for her imaginary budgie, it was popular and used to get hundreds of tweets a day

Until it flew away
    Get ti bed, you.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Get ti bed, you.
    🤣

Sound advice.

Hibs fans continually referred to as spoon burners based on a fictional book and movie from 30 years ago

Ironically, it predominantly comes from fans of club(s) where the drug misuse death stats are the highest...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Easter ****ing Saturday. Gies peace 😅

Likewise "cancelling Christmas" that does the round entry year because some busybody in Doncaster Council has decided to call it "Happy Holidays" on their homepage in the name of inclusion but upon further investigation it transpires that no Muslim, Buddist or member of any given religion you care to mention has ever given a flying **** about Christmas being celebrated and being called Christmas.

Of course, the outraged dopey gits that claim this haven't darkened the door of a kirk or Chapel in their lives.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 02-04-2024 at 01:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The emerging trend on social media of fashion "influencers" ( men and women) dressing in unfeasibly baggy breeks and thinking they look good when the reality is they look more like MC Hammer after dressing himself in the dark.

I really hope its a short lived trend and not something that is going to become mainstream, because I really can't touch this MC Hammer look.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Using the bus, how do people do that every day, cold, windows all steamed up, folk with their mobile on loudspeaker, and I will leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Using the bus, how do people do that every day, cold, windows all steamed up, folk with their mobile on loudspeaker, and I will leave it there.
    Add in body odour, bad breath, smelly feet and clothing, noisy kids.

@hibs.net private member
    And skiddy *****, sitting on bus seats that smell like *****, bring back the washable pvc seats 🤢

If the rain don't getcha then Kathleen will....

Yeah that is well, plenty garlic breath around me.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    If the rain don't getcha then Kathleen will....
    This could be our 2nd day this year without rain.

Just got to watch out for trampolines and buckets.

First Team Breakthrough
    I used to use the bus everyday for years when in Edinburgh as it made sense for getting about as service was reliable and could get to and from work easily, moved away from Edinburgh and passed my test about 12 years ago or so and can count on one hand how many times I have been on the looser cruiser since, bus was always generally OK in the morning as it was mostly people still half asleep going to there workplace and before mobiles had really took off, Cant imagine what it's like now

Imagine what flights will be like if they ever introduce free WiFi 🤦

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Imagine what flights will be like if they ever introduce free WiFi 🤦
    I hate to tell you this HB, but there is already free wifi with some airlines!

I think ones I’ve been on have been something like free for messaging apps only, but it’s coming 😁